Mock Draft

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Heres what im thinkin....

1st

a - Darrius Heyward-Bey (WR) Absolute beast of a wide reciever. Extremely fast with great size

b - Jeremy Maclin (WR) More of a reciever than Bey and can be used all over the field

c - Taylor Mays (S) My personal choice, this dude is a monster at safety. Size and speed our secondary lacks. If we keep Mike Brown, he could teach this kid to be a superstar.

2nd

a - Phil Loadhalt (OT) Perfect run blocking monster. 6'8 330. Wed be set at both sides of the line.

b - Torrance Taylor (DT) Not happy with anyone but Harris as of late.

3rd

a - Brannan Sutherland (FB) Jason McKie, nothing more to say

b - Marcus Freeman (LB) Good all around LB

c - Scott McKillip (LB) SAA

4th

Chances on the problem guys like Marcus Harrison

ewwwwww.

Exactly.

1. Let's get Bennett in the game and see what he can do before we start throwing #1 picks at other WRs. Otherwise, we might lose another WR who seems to be productive the second he takes off the Bears' uniform. Besides, I think Maclin and Crabtree are better.

2. I still say the first round needs to be OL. The Bears need at least an OT and an OG. Until the line is shored up, nobody will really know how good the offensive weapons already drafted (Orton, Forte, Bennett, Olsen) really are.

Guest TerraTor

Everyone is right, all the olineman taken this year are really tearing up the league... Tell me how an OL in the 20s (hopefully 32) is gonna be a better pick than a playmaking WR. I want Mays but think hell be gone when due to his workout at the combine...

Everyone is right, all the olineman taken this year are really tearing up the league... Tell me how an OL in the 20s (hopefully 32) is gonna be a better pick than a playmaking WR. I want Mays but think hell be gone when due to his workout at the combine...

I'm not sure, but the OT's usually take awhile, as do WR's. Steve Smith, Moss, Owens, etc. all took 2-3 years to develop. Duke Robinson is the best OG to come out in a long time and will be ready to play right away. So will Michael Johnson (DE, Georgia Tech) or Everette Brown (DE, Florida State).

We need to go after a veteran WR who when we get him, we know what we're getting. Who knows if Bey or Maclin will even be good players in the NFL.

Guest TerraTor

There are no vets thats the problem

Not to beat a dead horse, but why are all the Ol always ready to play? I recall 2 top 10 picks that were cant miss OT in the recent past who are absolutely horrible (Barron, Gallery) and from what i can tell we have a pretty dam good OG in Beekman

I hate not having a top notch WR, not saying the guys i listed are that but who knows. Earl Bennet hasnt even lined up at WR on a team that has devin hester and brandon llyod as starters. we always take these guys late and try to make them super. Marc Bradley, Berrian whoever else.

I am all for getting Taylor Mays wherever we pick, thats my choice. Micheal Johnson had two starts coming into this season and hes raw, hes a gifted freak athlete, dont get me wrong. As for Brown, i can never hate on an FSU guy.

Guest TerraTor
I'm not sure, but the OT's usually take awhile, as do WR's. Steve Smith, Moss, Owens, etc. all took 2-3 years to develop. Duke Robinson is the best OG to come out in a long time and will be ready to play right away. So will Michael Johnson (DE, Georgia Tech) or Everette Brown (DE, Florida State).

We need to go after a veteran WR who when we get him, we know what we're getting. Who knows if Bey or Maclin will even be good players in the NFL.

Moss had 1300 and 17Tds as a rookie just to make a point

TO was a star his 2nd season, Boldin was taken later cuz he ran slower, he was a stud as a rookie also...

Not to beat a dead horse, but why are all the Ol always ready to play? I recall 2 top 10 picks that were cant miss OT in the recent past who are absolutely horrible (Barron, Gallery) and from what i can tell we have a pretty dam good OG in Beekman

I hate not having a top notch WR, not saying the guys i listed are that but who knows. Earl Bennet hasnt even lined up at WR on a team that has devin hester and brandon llyod as starters. we always take these guys late and try to make them super. Marc Bradley, Berrian whoever else.

I am all for getting Taylor Mays wherever we pick, thats my choice. Micheal Johnson had two starts coming into this season and hes raw, hes a gifted freak athlete, dont get me wrong. As for Brown, i can never hate on an FSU guy.

Houshamazilla

Moss had 1300 and 17Tds as a rookie just to make a point

TO was a star his 2nd season, Boldin was taken later cuz he ran slower, he was a stud as a rookie also...

That's actually my fault there, I forgot the "S" in front of Moss to indicate I was referring to Santana Moss.

Really? Gaffney? Houshmandzadeh? Hurd? Henderson? McDonald? Engram? And even Boldin is on the market?

Jake Long - Starting

Ryan Clady - Starting

Chris Williams - Would clearly be starting if not for injury

Gosder Cherilus - Starting

Jeff Otah - Starting

Sam Baker - Started every game until injury

Duane Brown - Starting

John Greco - Behind Barron (2005 1st rounder - who you think is a bust)

Anthony Collins - Behind Levi Brown (2002 1st rounder)

Tony Hills - Third stringer

So, that's 7 of the first 7 as starters, the next two sitting behind other first rounders, and the last one (a fourth round draft pick) who isn't starting (on one of the most dominant offensive lines in the NFL).

Also, this is a very interesting article on the subject from Len Pastabelly:

Homegrown Offensive Linemen

With last year's draft, aside from DeSean Jackson, and a few games from Donnie Avery, there really isn't any comparison.

Jake Long - Starting

Ryan Clady - Starting

Chris Williams - Would clearly be starting if not for injury

Gosder Cherilus - Starting

Jeff Otah - Starting

Sam Baker - Started every game until injury

Duane Brown - Starting

John Greco - Behind Barron (2005 1st rounder - who you think is a bust)

Anthony Collins - Behind Levi Brown (2002 1st rounder)

Tony Hills - Third stringer

So, that's 7 of the first 7 as starters, the next two sitting behind other first rounders, and the last one (a fourth round draft pick) who isn't starting (on one of the most dominant offensive lines in the NFL).

Also, this is a very interesting article on the subject from Len Pastabelly:

Homegrown Offensive Linemen[/url

I won't care about the off-season until the off-season, but way to follow up with facts and an article that presents a very solid viewpoint. FYI - I totally agree. As of now, I'm thinking DE, OL and S.