Bill Belichick

CrackerDog

Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy. He's a heartless robot. His teams run up the score and he's been caught cheating.

But damn, I look at the scoreboard every week and it doesn't seem to matter how much talent he has left on the field. He loses his QB, no biggie. They march on. His won/loss record has to be right up there. He's won a number of championships and had the undefeated season going last year until the final game.

I think his legacy is tainted by the cheating thing and the biggest choke of all time losing last year, but he's probably still going to finish up his career thought of as the best ever.

This is "on topic" in that Papa Bear is obviously one of the other top contenders for "best ever".

Thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy. He's a heartless robot. His teams run up the score and he's been caught cheating.

But damn, I look at the scoreboard every week and it doesn't seem to matter how much talent he has left on the field. He loses his QB, no biggie. They march on. His won/loss record has to be right up there. He's won a number of championships and had the undefeated season going last year until the final game.

I think his legacy is tainted by the cheating thing and the biggest choke of all time losing last year, but he's probably still going to finish up his career thought of as the best ever.

This is "on topic" in that Papa Bear is obviously one of the other top contenders for "best ever".

Thoughts?

No doubt he is a great coach. No doubt that I despise him. That being said, I would have a hard time ranking him above Noll, Landry, Lombardi, or Paul Brown.

Peace :dabears

Damn, glad I could jinx Belichick today. He got SPANKED!
I love and hate Belichick. I gotta say he's lucked into a lot of wins. IE: the tuck rule and the 5 yard contact re-inforcement. I also wonder how many close games they won while cheating. We'll never know for sure. Still, he's a helluva coach and his players are intensely loyal to the him and the program, That puts him in the top 10, but not the top.

Thoughts?

I think it is ironic that you brought up Halas...as history has taught us, he used to spy on the opposing team in the locker room to get an advantage. New England has a great organization from the owner all the way down to the kid that retrieves the tee after a kickoff. I wish the Bears had an organization half that put together.