Bears Big Board

ASHKUM BEAR

Thougt it would be fun to start a Bears Big Board and how it will come together by April. This is not particularly the order the Bears would take a player, but the order they see the players ranked.

How would you rank the players?

1 Andre Smith OT Alabama

2 Matt Stafford QB Georgia

3 Eugene Monroe OT Vir

4 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

5 Brian Orakpo DE Texas

6 Michael Oher OT Ole Mis

7 Malcom Jenkins CB Ohio St.

8 James Laurinitis LB Ohio St.

9 Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech

10 Rey Maualuga LB USC

11 Sam Brafford QB Oklahoma

12 Taylor Mays S USC

13 Aaron Curry LB Wake Forrest

14 Vontae Davis CB Illinois

15 Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

16 Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

17 Jason Smith OT Baylor

18 William Moore S Missouri

19 Chris Wells RB Ohio St.

20 Brian Cushing LB USC

21 Duke Robinson G Oklahoma

22 Colt McCoy QB Texas

23 Terrence Cody DT Alabama

24 Greg Hardy DE Ole Mis

25 Darius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

26 Brandon Spikes LB Florida

27 George Selvie DE South Florida

28 Percy Harvin WR Florida

29 Myron Rolle S Florida St.

30 Alex Mack C Cal

31 Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St

32 Tim Tebow QB Florida

Until I see our OL become dominating I want to see OLmen drafted day one, especially in the first round.

I would like to see another OT in round one this year, and WR & OG addressed in rounds 2 & 3.

If we add another 3rd rounder via compensation for Berrian, a BIG IF, then best player available coupled with need.

Qestion for the board. I have not been following college football this year or the upcoming draft. Who is the Big prospect at FB coming out this year and what round would he projected in? I want to see the Bears upgrade at this position either in FA or the draft but would not consider it a position I would want to burn a high pick on, maybe 4th or 5th round at the earliest, but would prefer a proven FA (will any be available in FA?).

Qestion for the board. I have not been following college football this year or the upcoming draft. Who is the Big prospect at FB coming out this year and what round would he projected in? I want to see the Bears upgrade at this position either in FA or the draft but would not consider it a position I would want to burn a high pick on, maybe 4th or 5th round at the earliest, but would prefer a proven FA (will any be available in FA?).

Great, now you're trying to give encouragement for the garbage FB dive play! :shakehead

I'd say the kid from Texas AM Lane looks like one of the top FB's he goes about 6 ft 275.

I'm not s Mckee fan and wanted him gone after last yr. I would not use any more than a 5th rd

pick at best on a FB in the draft. I wish the BEARS would have signed the Chargers old FB after he

was released last summer. He ended up with the Ravens this yr and I regret I forgot his name.

Jorvorskie Lane (Texas A&M) is probably the best, Eric Kettani (Navy), Conredge Collins (Pittsburgh), Stanley Havili (USC- note: he's more of a "get handoffs and receptions" FB, he could be an NFL RB), and Brannan Southerland (Georgia) who might be the 2nd best.

Javorskie Lane will be lucky if he gets drafted. He is lazy, and has only gotten fatter in his career at Texas A&M. Also, I'm pretty sure Kettani isn't gonna be eligible considering he has to serve what, 4 or 5 years in the Navy? Besides, he isn't a true FB.

Javorskie Lane will be lucky if he gets drafted. He is lazy, and has only gotten fatter in his career at Texas A&M. Also, I'm pretty sure Kettani isn't gonna be eligible considering he has to serve what, 4 or 5 years in the Navy? Besides, he isn't a true FB.

they do not have to serve in the armed services if they get drafted by the NFL...the service can let them out of the commitment.

how do you come to the determination that Lane is lazy...because he is fatter? just wondering

Until I see our OL become dominating I want to see OLmen drafted day one, especially in the first round.

I would like to see another OT in round one this year, and WR & OG addressed in rounds 2 & 3.

If we add another 3rd rounder via compensation for Berrian, a BIG IF, then best player available coupled with need.

i am in agreement with you Pix...upgrade OLine via draft and FA for that matter. Same with WR, draft one, sign one

they do not have to serve in the armed services if they get drafted by the NFL...the service can let them out of the commitment.

how do you come to the determination that Lane is lazy...because he is fatter? just wondering

Texas A&M had a certain weight they had Lane to bet at prior to the season, and he was off by about 20 pounds or so. That gives me a clear indication that he is lazy, and would rather get fat then get better.

Also, they could waive the commitment, but they didn't for Caleb Campbell, and they probably shouldn't for anyone in the same boat.

Also, they could waive the commitment, but they didn't for Caleb Campbell, and they probably shouldn't for anyone in the same boat.

The armed services are not going to waive committments. As you mention, Caleb dealt w/ this this past year. He was initially told he could serve in the armed services why playing football. The idea was, as a pro player w/ a high profile, he could serve his country in a PR role, helping recruiting. He was told that if he was drafted, he could serve in this capacity, but if he were not drafted, he would simply serve.

He was then drafted, but the higher ups in the armed services over-ruled the prior position, and simply told him he could not play football and would have to serve like any other enlisted man.

i am in agreement with you Pix...upgrade OLine via draft and FA for that matter. Same with WR, draft one, sign one

Oline, Oline, Oline! That's my wish list! Tait looks like he's getting old, so another OT and a G this time. We ned to solidify the trenches for a long time to come.

The armed services are not going to waive committments. As you mention, Caleb dealt w/ this this past year. He was initially told he could serve in the armed services why playing football. The idea was, as a pro player w/ a high profile, he could serve his country in a PR role, helping recruiting. He was told that if he was drafted, he could serve in this capacity, but if he were not drafted, he would simply serve.

He was then drafted, but the higher ups in the armed services over-ruled the prior position, and simply told him he could not play football and would have to serve like any other enlisted man.

I know this, and I completely agree with it. However, after his 4 (or is it 5 years), he should still be in very excellent shape and be able to tryout for any team if he still wants to.

Too bad we drafted 4 7th rounders and passed on a fullback like Peyton Hillis! The Broncos grab him in the 7th.

Seventh rounders are a crap shoot. Bears still have 2 of the 4 on the roster. LaRoque has actually looked very good on special teams. Baldwin has yet to play. McBride from last yr stuck and Bryant retired in training camp.

Hills isn't playing FB on Denver from what I saw. He is the RB because they have lost at least 3 this yr.

Going forward for next yr, I would not mind us using a 6th or 7th on a FB.

Peace :dabears

This year is a very week FB class. The best is probably Brennen Southerland, but he has had trouble staying healthy this year. He's probably a 5th round guy at the earliest, but more then likely is gonna go in the 6th. Javorskie Lane ain't even gonna get drafted.

The guy we should target for FB is Leonard Weaver of Seattle. He's a UFA, and Seattle can afford to lose him.