Pre-Week 14 mock

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Trade our 2010 1st rounder and our 2009 4th rounder to Arizona for Anquan Boldin. We, then, give him a 5 year, $52 million deal.

1. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

2. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

3. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

3. (Comp. for Berrian) Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

5. Drew Willy, QB, Buffalo

Thoughts?

Trade our 2010 1st rounder and our 2009 4th rounder to Arizona for Anquan Boldin. We, then, give him a 5 year, $52 million deal.

1. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

2. Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

3. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

3. (Comp. for Berrian) Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

5. Drew Willy, QB, Buffalo

Thoughts?

Are you related to Duke Robinson???? ;)

Are you related to Duke Robinson???? ;)

No, but when you have a stud RB with a questionable future at QB, you better surround that RB with great OL talent, and like I've said numerous times, Robinson is the best OG to come out of school in a long, long time.

like it only if the boldin trade happened

Obviously. If not, it'd look something like this:

1. Robinson

2. Jackson

3. Chung

3. Patrick Turner, WR, USC (big tall possession guy with soft hands)

4. Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois

5. Willy

No, but when you have a stud RB with a questionable future at QB, you better surround that RB with great OL talent, and like I've said numerous times, Robinson is the best OG to come out of school in a long, long time.

Just giving you the business. ;)

Peace :dabears

I guarantee Boldin and Fitz are gonna stay in Arizona for a while. They'd be stupid not to pay them to keep them together, and if they did trade either one of them, they'd be asking for probably at least two 1st rounders.

It won't happen because Arizona will want at least a 1st round pick this year. They aren't going to want to wait a year to get value.

Am I the only one who would have no problem whatsoever giving up a 1st and 4th THIS YEAR for Boldin? This team is in desperate need of a stud WR, and while the Bears have their share of problems, I don't a see a glaring 1st round need. If that's what it will take, I'm fine with it, especially if we end up with a decent comp pick for Berrian.

Am I the only one who would have no problem whatsoever giving up a 1st and 4th THIS YEAR for Boldin? This team is in desperate need of a stud WR, and while the Bears have their share of problems, I don't a see a glaring 1st round need. If that's what it will take, I'm fine with it, especially if we end up with a decent comp pick for Berrian.

The problem isn't giving up a 1st and a 4th . The challenge is giving Boldin the money he and Rosenhaus will want.

It will be in the 20 mill and up range in guaranteed money. I have a hard time believing JA will make that happen especially after

Hester got the big bucks.

I would love it, but it scares the shit outta me. I would love to pull off a trade to lessen the hit, but the hit is still going to sting. If it happens I won't bitch, but I won't hold my breath, because out of the box thinking is not in JA's MO.

No, I'd give up a 1st and 2nd for boldin.

Here is a really quick mock I made...

(assuming we pick around 17 and get a 3rd and two 7th round comp picks, and we swaped 6th rounders w/ TB):

1-17) OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

We need a big mauler inside and Duke and Chris Williams give us a great young LT-LG combo. Garza is decent at RT and let Beekman and Buenning compete with Garza for the RG job. Bring back St. Clair as well and have him compete for the RT spot with Tait.

2-17) FS Rashad Johnson, Alabama

FS is, I think, a bigger need then people think. We have two SS starting right now, and Steltz isn't the answer, and Manning is better off in a nickle role. Rashad Johnson has been someone the Bears have been reportedly scouting, and he is a Bears type of guy. Could probably start from day one at FS, or at least rotate in if we keep Mike Brown.

3-17) WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly

Big WR we need who is 6'6" and was extremely productive in an option running offense, but will likely not go as high as he should because of a sub-par 40. With our lack of receivers, and the lack of receivers in free agency (outside of TJ), he could see plenty of game time, unless he pulls a Bennett.

3-CP) DE Philip Hunt, Houston

Great pass rushing DE who falls a bit because of his height. I compare him to a lesser Elvis Dumervil, because he is able to use his lack of height as an advantage because of great leverage he gets. He goes all out and would hopefully do the role Mark Anderson was supposed to do.

4-17) LB Jason Williams, Western Illinois

Small school guy with loads of potential and knows how to get to the QB from the LB spot. Could potentially be a starter at SAM for us, and likely be a very solid special teams player. He also has an outstanding knack for stripping the ball, and we know the Bears love that.

5-17) FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia

We need a guy who can block from the FB spot, and overall not suck. I'd still draft him here even if we do sign a FB like Weaver because I feel we need a guy who can really open up some holes. We could install a jumbo package like the Ravens do with Weaver as the RB and Sutherland as the FB paving the road.

6-25) OT Rylan Reed, Texas Tech

Falls because he is older then the usual prospect at the age of 26, I believe. However, he shut down Brian Orakpo when he faced him, is a very smart player, and has great size and strength. This former pitcher in the White Sox organization could turn out to be a solid tackle and start fairly soon.

7-17) WR Mike Wallace, Ole Miss

A guy to compete at WR during camp, has some upside.

7-CP) WR Patrick Turner, Southern Cal

Same as above.

7-CP) DT Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman

Small school DT who could provide competition in camp.

Here is a really quick mock I made...

(assuming we pick around 17 and get a 3rd and two 7th round comp picks, and we swaped 6th rounders w/ TB):

1-17) OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

We need a big mauler inside and Duke and Chris Williams give us a great young LT-LG combo. Garza is decent at RT and let Beekman and Buenning compete with Garza for the RG job. Bring back St. Clair as well and have him compete for the RT spot with Tait.

2-17) FS Rashad Johnson, Alabama

FS is, I think, a bigger need then people think. We have two SS starting right now, and Steltz isn't the answer, and Manning is better off in a nickle role. Rashad Johnson has been someone the Bears have been reportedly scouting, and he is a Bears type of guy. Could probably start from day one at FS, or at least rotate in if we keep Mike Brown.

3-17) WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly

Big WR we need who is 6'6" and was extremely productive in an option running offense, but will likely not go as high as he should because of a sub-par 40. With our lack of receivers, and the lack of receivers in free agency (outside of TJ), he could see plenty of game time, unless he pulls a Bennett.

3-CP) DE Philip Hunt, Houston

Great pass rushing DE who falls a bit because of his height. I compare him to a lesser Elvis Dumervil, because he is able to use his lack of height as an advantage because of great leverage he gets. He goes all out and would hopefully do the role Mark Anderson was supposed to do.

4-17) LB Jason Williams, Western Illinois

Small school guy with loads of potential and knows how to get to the QB from the LB spot. Could potentially be a starter at SAM for us, and likely be a very solid special teams player. He also has an outstanding knack for stripping the ball, and we know the Bears love that.

5-17) FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia

We need a guy who can block from the FB spot, and overall not suck. I'd still draft him here even if we do sign a FB like Weaver because I feel we need a guy who can really open up some holes. We could install a jumbo package like the Ravens do with Weaver as the RB and Sutherland as the FB paving the road.

6-25) OT Rylan Reed, Texas Tech

Falls because he is older then the usual prospect at the age of 26, I believe. However, he shut down Brian Orakpo when he faced him, is a very smart player, and has great size and strength. This former pitcher in the White Sox organization could turn out to be a solid tackle and start fairly soon.

7-17) WR Mike Wallace, Ole Miss

A guy to compete at WR during camp, has some upside.

7-CP) WR Patrick Turner, Southern Cal

Same as above.

7-CP) DT Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman

Small school DT who could provide competition in camp.

IMHO off of your list if we got FB Brannan Southerland, Georgia, OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma, FS Rashad Johnson, Alabama, WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly,OT Rylan Reed, Texas Tech it would be nice because these are the positions that I said we need help at all along. We need a blocking FB McKie can't move anyone, Robinson would fill in for Garza who really seems to be losing it at blockig. We need speed at the SS and FS positions Brown has lost a step and Payne is a better SS We also need bigger WR....like Rideau at 6'4 move Hester to the slot axe Davis & Booker let Barden, Lloyd, New guy we signed on PS, Bennett, Rideau, and if we sign a stud in FA battle it out for the WR spots.

Turner is a 2nd-4th round pick, not a 7th.

And, I'd rather have Patrick Chung (Oregon, S) or Emanuel Cook (South Carolina, S) rather then Johnson.

Lol, because Turner plays for USC doesn't make him a 2-4 round pick. That's just silly. Unless he shocks the world and runs a 4.45 40 and has an outstanding combine/pro-day, there isn't a shot Turner cracks the 5th round. Due to the fact he has been relatively un-productive his career at USC and will probably run between a 4.6-4.7 40, he's gonna be a 6th round draft pick at best if some team falls in love with him. Don't get me wrong, he has potential, but he is FAR FAR FAR away from being a 2nd round pick, let alone 3rd or 4th.

As for rather having Chung, are you freaking crazy? How many SS due you want, what the hell? Chung is gonna play SS in the NFL. And as for Cook, if he does enter which I don't think he will, he'd be a SS as well. Besides, Cook would surely go in the early part of round 2 at the lastest.

Lol, because Turner plays for USC doesn't make him a 2-4 round pick. That's just silly. Unless he shocks the world and runs a 4.45 40 and has an outstanding combine/pro-day, there isn't a shot Turner cracks the 5th round. Due to the fact he has been relatively un-productive his career at USC and will probably run between a 4.6-4.7 40, he's gonna be a 6th round draft pick at best if some team falls in love with him. Don't get me wrong, he has potential, but he is FAR FAR FAR away from being a 2nd round pick, let alone 3rd or 4th.

As for rather having Chung, are you freaking crazy? How many SS due you want, what the hell? Chung is gonna play SS in the NFL. And as for Cook, if he does enter which I don't think he will, he'd be a SS as well. Besides, Cook would surely go in the early part of round 2 at the lastest.

The draft is all about potential. Turner has it, and it's not because he's at USC. He is a huge redzone threat but he needs to work on his hands.

The draft is all about potential. Turner has it, and it's not because he's at USC. He is a huge redzone threat but he needs to work on his hands.

Lol, that's a terrible arguement. If you are good enough to be drafted, you have potential. Just because you are 6'6" doesn't mean you're an automatic 2-4 round pick.

Lol, that's a terrible arguement. If you are good enough to be drafted, you have potential. Just because you are 6'6" doesn't mean you're an automatic 2-4 round pick.

Ramses Barden (sp?) from Cal Poly is going to be a 3-4 pick, and he's in the same situation as Turner- he's 6'7 but needs improvement on his hands.

Ramses Barden (sp?) from Cal Poly is going to be a 3-4 pick, and he's in the same situation as Turner- he's 6'7 but needs improvement on his hands.

Well, the difference is that Barden has actually been productive in his college career (it was at a D-I FCS school, but he was in a run heavy offense), is at least an inch taller, and is projected to run a faster 40.

Well, the difference is that Barden has actually been productive in his college career (it was at a D-I FCS school, but he was in a run heavy offense), is at least an inch taller, and is projected to run a faster 40.

In the end, I'd rather have Kenny Britt out of Rutgers. He's 6'4/220, but he's a 2nd round pick.

Would any of you be willing to take a WR with our 2nd rounder?

With Kenny Britt's total package of awesome-ness, I see him jumping up and being the 3rd receiver taken in the draft after Crabtree and Heywood-Bey. Hell, I think he could even jump past DHB if everything goes good for Britt at the combine/pro-day. The guy is simply a stud.

As for 2nd round receivers, it'd depend on who is there. If it's someone like Harvin, what the hell. I'd pass on players with low ceilings like Louis Murphy and Brian Robiskie though.