Even though we won it still has to be said...

bear trap

First of all don't get me wrong. I am thrilled we are still in the playoff picture, and savor a close win against the number 1 offense in the league, but... We need to fire both turner and babich after this season. I mean c'mon 4 minutes in regulation, you're up by 4 and 3 straight passes??? Even a 8 year old playing madden with this team would run the damn ball under those circumstances. Then there's ole babich. I think the announcers collinsworth and the other dude said it best before the game, and I quote... Same faces from the dominant defense we had a few years ago went on to say urlacher, brown, ogun, brown, briggs, and tillman, but we are not dominating the way we did a couple years ago. END QUOTE START MY QUOTE: Sure we have a few newbies such as payne, roach, and graham, but all in all, this is close to the same team and the only difference we see this year and last compared to two years ago is the complete tool babich calling in the plays. Don't get me wrong, because I certainly don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but this coaching staff sucks ass, and after the fake punt almost handing the game to N.O. I would have said to package the whole staff except for toub and kick them to the curb, and had we lost tonight Lovie sure as hell woulda been in the darn bag, he really is looking like a bad investment for this team. The players aren't to blame, going for a fake punt at that field position is the coaches blame and I've had it with this staff holding this team back. I mean common how hard is it to see that davis completely sucks ass and let the rookie get some reps davis needs to get some splinters in his ass-cheeks!

PLUG your ears bears 88 your orton hatin ears won't like this, but even though orton had a poor game especially in the second half, props to him for grabing his team by the jock and marching them down the field to tie it and then to win it. I don't care how many int's he had he shook it off and willed us to the win. I don't put any blame on him for this being a close one he's doing all he can with what he has and thank god hester decided to be a wr tonight! CHALK ME IN JASON FOR THE FIRE THE COACHING STAFF COLUMN after this year.

PLUG your ears bears 88 your orton hatin ears won't like this, but even though orton had a poor game especially in the second half, props to him for grabing his team by the jock and marching them down the field to tie it and then to win it. I don't care how many int's he had he shook it off and willed us to the win. I don't put any blame on him for this being a close one he's doing all he can with what he has and thank god hester decided to be a wr tonight! CHALK ME IN JASON FOR THE FIRE THE COACHING STAFF COLUMN after this year.

K, we didn't win because of Orton. He got lucky with those two pass interference calls.

24/40 for 172 yards and 2 INT's. QB rating of 49.2. Quit with the excuses.

The man is a pathetic QB. Therefore, it's time for Angelo to find a real QB.

Boo hoo, he doesn't have WR's. :crying

K, we didn't win because of Orton. He got lucky with those two pass interference calls.

24/40 for 172 yards and 2 INT's.

So Brees sucks too right? His numbers weren't that much better.

QB rating of 49.2. Quit with the excuses.

Try wr's, o-line, fb, offensive coordinator!

the dropped passes have to stop...its ridiculous...Davis already cost us games against Tampa and Carolina with 3rd down drops that would have milked the clock, and he dropped two more today, one that resulted in an INT

I watched almost every game in earl bennetts college career, and id be willing to be he didnt drop as many passes in his career as rashied has this year....not sure why he can't hit the field, but he can't be worse than 81

Agree and disagree. Babich needs to go, but Turner has done the job this year. Hell, I'll throw Lovie out before Turner. Also, agree that our D has as much or more talent than we had 2 years ago... coaching. Agreed on Orton as well. There is NOTHING outstanding about the guy. But the guy manages the game and finds a way to get it done. Oh, and he's stll a young guy. Now that he'll get all the #1 reps next year, he can conentrate on his deep ball. He'll be really good if he can start hitting some of those. Our special teams are still a strength and will be as team philosophy and due to the speed we draft for our D.

I have supported Turner much of the year simply because our offense has done a better job than I think most expected. We simply lack talent, and yet our offense more often than not is able to move the ball and score. W/ that said, I think Turner needs to go, and here is why. Early in the year, I liked a lot of what I saw. Were there plays I disagreed w/ (FB dive) yes, but I felt he was overall calling a good game, and deserved credit for running an offense lacking in talent, but which was productive. But as the year went along, we seem to have become as predictable as ever, and the playcalling has become more and more questionable.

To make a key point on being predictable, I point to one play from last night. The play where we tried sideline pass to AP. One of the bear fans I watch the game w/, who is in sports media and who watches film a ton, pointed something out. Our pass play to AP was the exact same play call, in the same situation (down and field position) as well as at about the same time, as the previous game when we tried it. NO was ready for the play, and for a reason. If you run the same play in a particular situation, you become predictable, and the play is simply easier to defend. I would also point to the damn FB dive. Early in the year, some of the plays seemed new, but now they have been scouted and are just plain predictable.

As for Babich, props to the D overall for last night, but I agree he needs to go. The one thing that truly makes me sick is how we play in 3rd and long. Most every team in the NFL views 3rd and long as a prime pass rush situation. Attack the QB. You may allow a WR to be open, but if you pressure the QB, it is likely a short gain and thus a turnover on downs. Not us though. When we have a team in 3rd and forever, what do we do? We rush 3 or 4 and drop everyone else back into a zone. You would think 7 guys dropping into a zone could cover 3 or 4 receivers, but the reality is, by not pressuring the QB, no matter how many you have in coverage, receivers will eventually find holes in our zone, and that is what we saw time and again last night. In this situation, we allow Brees all day to throw, and eventually, his receivers find a hole in our zone and convert 3rd and long. That as much as anything makes me sick to watch.

First of all don't get me wrong. I am thrilled we are still in the playoff picture, and savor a close win against the number 1 offense in the league, but... We need to fire both turner and babich after this season. I mean c'mon 4 minutes in regulation, you're up by 4 and 3 straight passes??? Even a 8 year old playing madden with this team would run the damn ball under those circumstances. Then there's ole babich. I think the announcers collinsworth and the other dude said it best before the game, and I quote... Same faces from the dominant defense we had a few years ago went on to say urlacher, brown, ogun, brown, briggs, and tillman, but we are not dominating the way we did a couple years ago. END QUOTE START MY QUOTE: Sure we have a few newbies such as payne, roach, and graham, but all in all, this is close to the same team and the only difference we see this year and last compared to two years ago is the complete tool babich calling in the plays. Don't get me wrong, because I certainly don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but this coaching staff sucks ass, and after the fake punt almost handing the game to N.O. I would have said to package the whole staff except for toub and kick them to the curb, and had we lost tonight Lovie sure as hell woulda been in the darn bag, he really is looking like a bad investment for this team. The players aren't to blame, going for a fake punt at that field position is the coaches blame and I've had it with this staff holding this team back. I mean common how hard is it to see that davis completely sucks ass and let the rookie get some reps davis needs to get some splinters in his ass-cheeks!

Daivs over Bennett is so beyond mind-boggling, I'm at a loss...

the dropped passes have to stop...its ridiculous...Davis already cost us games against Tampa and Carolina with 3rd down drops that would have milked the clock, and he dropped two more today, one that resulted in an INT

I watched almost every game in earl bennetts college career, and id be willing to be he didnt drop as many passes in his career as rashied has this year....not sure why he can't hit the field, but he can't be worse than 81

Tuner is FAR too inconsitent to really be considered legit.

Half of games don't count... Full games called count. Almost any coordinator can look like a genius for 1/2 a game. Good ones, call good full games.

Agree and disagree. Babich needs to go, but Turner has done the job this year. Hell, I'll throw Lovie out before Turner. Also, agree that our D has as much or more talent than we had 2 years ago... coaching. Agreed on Orton as well. There is NOTHING outstanding about the guy. But the guy manages the game and finds a way to get it done. Oh, and he's stll a young guy. Now that he'll get all the #1 reps next year, he can conentrate on his deep ball. He'll be really good if he can start hitting some of those. Our special teams are still a strength and will be as team philosophy and due to the speed we draft for our D.

nfo, I could not agree more...

I have supported Turner much of the year simply because our offense has done a better job than I think most expected. We simply lack talent, and yet our offense more often than not is able to move the ball and score. W/ that said, I think Turner needs to go, and here is why. Early in the year, I liked a lot of what I saw. Were there plays I disagreed w/ (FB dive) yes, but I felt he was overall calling a good game, and deserved credit for running an offense lacking in talent, but which was productive. But as the year went along, we seem to have become as predictable as ever, and the playcalling has become more and more questionable.

To make a key point on being predictable, I point to one play from last night. The play where we tried sideline pass to AP. One of the bear fans I watch the game w/, who is in sports media and who watches film a ton, pointed something out. Our pass play to AP was the exact same play call, in the same situation (down and field position) as well as at about the same time, as the previous game when we tried it. NO was ready for the play, and for a reason. If you run the same play in a particular situation, you become predictable, and the play is simply easier to defend. I would also point to the damn FB dive. Early in the year, some of the plays seemed new, but now they have been scouted and are just plain predictable.

As for Babich, props to the D overall for last night, but I agree he needs to go. The one thing that truly makes me sick is how we play in 3rd and long. Most every team in the NFL views 3rd and long as a prime pass rush situation. Attack the QB. You may allow a WR to be open, but if you pressure the QB, it is likely a short gain and thus a turnover on downs. Not us though. When we have a team in 3rd and forever, what do we do? We rush 3 or 4 and drop everyone else back into a zone. You would think 7 guys dropping into a zone could cover 3 or 4 receivers, but the reality is, by not pressuring the QB, no matter how many you have in coverage, receivers will eventually find holes in our zone, and that is what we saw time and again last night. In this situation, we allow Brees all day to throw, and eventually, his receivers find a hole in our zone and convert 3rd and long. That as much as anything makes me sick to watch.

As others have stated, Turner is a really smart offensive mind, but he is inconsistent and for some reason he makes some retarded ass play calls, trying to get cute I guess.

If it was up to me, this whole staff would be gone after this year.

As others have stated, Turner is a really smart offensive mind, but he is inconsistent and for some reason he makes some retarded ass play calls, trying to get cute I guess.

If it was up to me, this whole staff would be gone after this year.

Bingo. To reiterate the original theme of this thread: it's time to let this staff go.

Love for being Zombie Lovie.

Turner for being predictable, except for when he's making a completely assinine call to "outsmart" the opponent.

Babich for mismanaging this defense worse than Michael Jackson has mismanaged his "tan".

Attack the QB. You may allow a WR to be open, but if you pressure the QB, it is likely a short gain and thus a turnover on downs. Not us though.

Keep in mind, Nfo, if we bring pressure, the CB's need to know they can cover tighter because the WR's wont' have time for triple moves or deep routes (the safety's can still be safe though). How many of you as schoolkids would play sandlot football and during defense someone says quietly "Hey, I'm blitzing this down. Cover your men tight because he'll be getting rid of the ball."? Yet at the pro level where guys get paid a million dollars a game the Bears haven't figured it out?

Babich certainly has the D playing better these last two games though overall. And weren't the Saints the #1 passing attack in the NFL?

24/40 for 172 yards and 2 INT's. QB rating of 49.2. Quit with the excuses.

You're sounding like more of a Packers fan than a Bears fan.

1 INT was Orton's fault. The other was Davis' fault. Lots of passes were incomplete due to drops from the WR core.

Did he get lucky on the long pass interference plays? Sure he did, but who cares, we won.

Christ learn to cheer for a team instead of trying to degrade every aspect of it. Some true fan you are.