Quote from Cedric Benson

ostrogoth

Cedric Benson told reporters he would have 1,800 yards right now if he was running through the holes that Matt Forte has been running through in Chicago.

He has a better chance at 1,800 DWIs. Wherever he goes, the holes seem to close much more quickly. Using his career 3.6 yards per carry, it would take the delusional Benson exactly 500 carries to reach his lofty projections.

Cedric Benson told reporters he would have 1,800 yards right now if he was running through the holes that Matt Forte has been running through in Chicago.

He has a better chance at 1,800 DWIs. Wherever he goes, the holes seem to close much more quickly. Using his career 3.6 yards per carry, it would take the delusional Benson exactly 500 carries to reach his lofty projections.

Ced needs to pass that thing on down the line.

Peace :dabears

Too bad, so sad.

I would like to point out that I think the holes Forte has this year are without a doubt better than the holes Benson got. In fact, that's why I was so adamant about getting an OL. Benson simply had nowhere to run 85% of the time.

I would also like to point out that I showed some videos of what Benson is capable, when he has a hole; he's a pure one-cut downhill runner.

And, in a small way, I agree with Benson. If he had the holes Forte has had this year, he's probably be pretty close to Forte's numbers. Forte, while we all love him, has only been hovering around 4 ypc all season.

All that being said, Benson is a turd because he allowed himself to be ostracized by his teammates from the very start, he perpetually had foot-in-mouth disease, he was surly, and he got in trouble with the law (regardless of how the situations got plea-bargained or whatever).

That's why I didn't really think the Forte pick was necessary. I like the results, but I think Benson would be doing just about as good as Forte this year. There is no denying Benson's talent; you just don't put up stats like he did without talent. He just didn't have the mind for it, and given the fact that he pulled 1800 out of his ass, I'd say he still doesn't.

Apparently Forte can block better than Ced. And he can obviously catch better. Forte seems to be faster. Having said that, Thomas Jones is setting team records over there in New York. Probably neither Ced nor Forte were necessary...but at least JA recovered nicely (from the Cedric Benson debacle).

Hopefully JA learned a lesson and we never again take a pick that we don't have a special interest in that high in the draft when we've already got another guy who's the best we'd had in over a decade. And hopefully I never have to hear fans say "He's getting paid so much. It's time to see what he can do at first string (ignoring that if he's actually that much better than the veteran, it should be obvious in his play, he shouldn't need coddling)." Yeah, fat chance I know.

I would like to point out that I think the holes Forte has this year are without a doubt better than the holes Benson got. In fact, that's why I was so adamant about getting an OL. Benson simply had nowhere to run 85% of the time.

I would also like to point out that I showed some videos of what Benson is capable, when he has a hole; he's a pure one-cut downhill runner.

And, in a small way, I agree with Benson. If he had the holes Forte has had this year, he's probably be pretty close to Forte's numbers. Forte, while we all love him, has only been hovering around 4 ypc all season.

All that being said, Benson is a turd because he allowed himself to be ostracized by his teammates from the very start, he perpetually had foot-in-mouth disease, he was surly, and he got in trouble with the law (regardless of how the situations got plea-bargained or whatever).

That's why I didn't really think the Forte pick was necessary. I like the results, but I think Benson would be doing just about as good as Forte this year. There is no denying Benson's talent; you just don't put up stats like he did without talent. He just didn't have the mind for it, and given the fact that he pulled 1800 out of his ass, I'd say he still doesn't.

For every clip you have I can show you one of him getting tripped up by an arm tackle or missing a block and getting his QB drilled. Hes absolutely terrible and had more than enough of an opportunity to prove himself.

Maybe, just maybe, he would be able to sniff the rushing yds that Forte has but I seriously doubt it. However, he is no where near the complete football player Forte is. Forte buries him when it comes to blocking and pass catching. It's not even close. Further, lets talk about heart and determination. Did you see who made the tackle on the 2nd int by Orton the other day? It was Forte. Ced would have been heading to the sidelines. In fact, my bet is Ced never even comes back on the field after the injury.

As I said, Forte > Benson.

But the OL is performing WAAAAY better this year with Forte than they were with Benson. And the funny thing is, the OL this year is bad at best.

I agree the o-line is better than last yr but still in the bottom half of the league.

The line is slightly better than last year in run blocking (still below average) and much better at pass blocking (little above average) so Cedric probably could have gotten 1,000 but Forte is doing this mostly on his own. Cedric couldn't shake defenders, but Forte gets alot his his big gains after he avoids the secondary tackle with a quick move to get him major yardage. I won't even touch Benson vs Forte as a receiver/blocker, that might be brutal.

Don't ask me why but I broke down but Ced said. He said he would have 1800 yards compared to Forte who has 1115 yards. If you break it down Forte will have approximately 1280 yards on the season and Ced would end up with approximately 2056 yards which would rank him 3rd on the all time list just ahead of Barry Sanders who had 2053 in 1997 and just behind Jamal Lewis who had 2066 in 2003 and remember then with just a little luck in the remaining 2 games he would have a shot at breaking Dickerson's record of 2105 yards which has stood for 24 years. What makes him think that he is even that good considering the fact that he 2058 yards in 4 years of playing. We can sit here and complain that Forte only has around 4ypc this year but Ced is at 3.1 on the year

Few comments,

One. I personally think the OL is little upgraded from last year. I would agree that Benson could look decent if behind a good OL, but the same can be said for most NFL RBs. I personally believe Forte has helped make our OL look better than it is. There are things Forte does, which Benson simply didn't, that make our OL look better than it is. Forte has better vision. When a hole, however small, is opened, he more quickly see's it. Forte has greater bust to and through the hole. When a hole is opened by our OL, it is not there for long. Forte quickly see's the hole, and gets through it. By the time Benson would hit the hole, it would close. Final point. I have seen Forte, like TJ, often hit the OL, no hole, then totally change direction and get positive yards. Benson didn't have the cut ability or bust to do this.

So the point of all this is, I am not sure our OL is that much better, but simply believe Forte does things which makes the OL look better than it is. Benson didn't have the game to do this.

Two. Furthering the first point, I think Orton helps make the OL look better than it is. W/ Rex under center, defenses stacked the box and attacked, knowing Rex didn't have the vision to beat the pressure. Orton is simply better in this regard, which prevents teams from loading the box as much. And when they do load the box, they are sitting back more than attacking.

Three. Forte has an all around game Benson simply lacked. I could not believe how many easy passes Benson would drop. Forte not only has shown solid hands, but has become our most used receiver. And in terms of pass blocking, it is not even close.

I agree w/ Benson that if he had a better OL and holes to run through, he would have good rushing yardage totals. But I disagree that our OL is really that much better, if at all, and would argue that Forte has simply been better able to make our OL look better. If we had Benson this year, we would continue to see him getting stuffed at the LOS, as he would simply make our OL look worse than it is.

The only good thing about that is, if we had Benson at RB, I think there would be a greater demand to over-haul our OL.

As I said, Forte > Benson.

But the OL is performing WAAAAY better this year with Forte than they were with Benson. And the funny thing is, the OL this year is bad at best.

Few comments,

One. I personally think the OL is little upgraded from last year. I would agree that Benson could look decent if behind a good OL, but the same can be said for most NFL RBs. I personally believe Forte has helped make our OL look better than it is. There are things Forte does, which Benson simply didn't, that make our OL look better than it is. Forte has better vision. When a hole, however small, is opened, he more quickly see's it. Forte has greater bust to and through the hole. When a hole is opened by our OL, it is not there for long. Forte quickly see's the hole, and gets through it. By the time Benson would hit the hole, it would close. Final point. I have seen Forte, like TJ, often hit the OL, no hole, then totally change direction and get positive yards. Benson didn't have the cut ability or bust to do this.

So the point of all this is, I am not sure our OL is that much better, but simply believe Forte does things which makes the OL look better than it is. Benson didn't have the game to do this.

Two. Furthering the first point, I think Orton helps make the OL look better than it is. W/ Rex under center, defenses stacked the box and attacked, knowing Rex didn't have the vision to beat the pressure. Orton is simply better in this regard, which prevents teams from loading the box as much. And when they do load the box, they are sitting back more than attacking.

Three. Forte has an all around game Benson simply lacked. I could not believe how many easy passes Benson would drop. Forte not only has shown solid hands, but has become our most used receiver. And in terms of pass blocking, it is not even close.

I agree w/ Benson that if he had a better OL and holes to run through, he would have good rushing yardage totals. But I disagree that our OL is really that much better, if at all, and would argue that Forte has simply been better able to make our OL look better. If we had Benson this year, we would continue to see him getting stuffed at the LOS, as he would simply make our OL look worse than it is.

The only good thing about that is, if we had Benson at RB, I think there would be a greater demand to over-haul our OL.

All of which I agree with...which is why I was not in favor of the Benson pick to begin with. Keep TJ, there is no need for Benson. If that doesn't happen, then the Bears never draft Forte. That's two picks that could be helping the Bears out at other positions right now.

Ced has actually been pretty decent this year, and he obviously always had the talent to be a top RB in the league, but good riddance to that scum. He wouldn't have 1,800 yards rushing this year, and he doesn't have to work ethic or drive to become a 1,100 yard rusher. We have an actual human being on our team right now, who has the drive and determination to be a great back in the league for many years to come.