You guys want a WR?!

jason

I have been a proponent of this idea for quite some time. I'm all about winning over looking good. I wouldn't mind a Super Bowl win with a team of "bad guys".

With that said, the Bears should go after TO.

The Cowboys are in turmoil.

TO is causing trouble (what's new?).

And you know J.Jones is itching to do something to "fix" the team.

I know he just signed a big deal, but he's as legit a #1 WR as there is in the NFL.

You want a #1? Are you serious about it? Well, there you have it. He's a player who might be had for the right price. Suppose it's a first rounder and another pick in a future draft. Do you pull the trigger? How much do you really want a legit #1 weapon?

I have been a proponent of this idea for quite some time. I'm all about winning over looking good. I wouldn't mind a Super Bowl win with a team of "bad guys".

I know he just signed a big deal, but he's as legit a #1 WR as there is in the NFL.

You want a #1? Are you serious about it? Well, there you have it. He's a player who might be had for the right price. Suppose it's a first rounder and another pick in a future draft. Do you pull the trigger? How much do you really want a legit #1 weapon?

Ridiculous on all counts. A #1 for a guy who will be 35 next year is bad enough, but T.O.?? Hell no.

Ridiculous on all counts. A #1 for a guy who will be 35 next year is bad enough, but T.O.?? Hell no.

Jerry Jones really fixed his team when he brought TO and Pacman on board. Now they are reaping it. If TO can't get on in Big D, he's probably only got Oakland left. No way would I want him on my team.

It's not ridiculous when considering the amount we've heard on this board recently about how badly the Bears need a legit #1 WR. The world isn't filled with puppies and rainbows; there are two sides to every coin.

As far as his age, that point is ridiculous. The guy is still a beast, and physically he's one of the top three WRs in the league. He's still faster in pads than nearly every DB, and far too physical for them as well. I know of no age related problems like injuries or skill degradation. The guy is a weight-room monster, and stays in superb shape. We all know he is a locker room cancer, but there is no denying his abilities.

I was just throwing it out there to see how serious everyone was about getting a legit #1 WR. It seems that there are definite limits to everyone's desire (thus far anyway).

Jason,

Are you smoking crack? I would have agreed with you after Philly but now. SF, Philly, and now Dallas why would anyone want to be the 4th stupid ass team to give him a chance. I can't believe this ass wad is starting sh$t down in Dallas. This retard was just crying over Romo being talked about after the playoff loss,"Thats my QB man" now Romo and Witten are coming up with their own plays that dont include TO. Oh wait maybe it's cuz Romo and Witten are white and thats why they are not including TO in their secret meeting.....

Anyway you look at this it would be the worst move made since Cade!

No team TO has been on has won a playoff game when hes playing since San Fran. The guy tears teams apart. He is such a disaster its amazing to hear ANYONE think it would be a good idea to bring him in. Its honestly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board.

I believe the Eagles got to a Super Bowl with him.

It's not ridiculous when considering the amount we've heard on this board recently about how badly the Bears need a legit #1 WR. The world isn't filled with puppies and rainbows; there are two sides to every coin.

As far as his age, that point is ridiculous. The guy is still a beast, and physically he's one of the top three WRs in the league. He's still faster in pads than nearly every DB, and far too physical for them as well. I know of no age related problems like injuries or skill degradation. The guy is a weight-room monster, and stays in superb shape. We all know he is a locker room cancer, but there is no denying his abilities.

I was just throwing it out there to see how serious everyone was about getting a legit #1 WR. It seems that there are definite limits to everyone's desire (thus far anyway).

C'mon man, it's T.O. He's just not a team guy. I'd rather invest in players that would not destroy the locker room. Moose saying "this is where receivers go to die" would be a pebble at the base of Everest in comparison to what would occur. You brought this up before and got blasted, so please don't feel insulted.

It's not that bad of an idea, everyone wants a legit #1, but they don't want the garbage that comes with one. TO might only have 2 good years left and if we would ever want to think about winning a Superbowl, we will need to get a WR with those skills.

I for one would not want to give up a 1st for him, even though we usually waste our 1st's. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd, but not both. I'm also counting on getting a 3rd for losing Berrian, so losing a 2nd or 3rd will only hurt the future a little.

TO would love to be a star in Chicago. He visit's the city once in a while, his wife is from the area. TO only starts throwing his antics mainly when the team is losing, so if we were to bring him in, this team better be geared up to bring it.

Just imagine what his talent "could" do for the rest of the team:

Hester is already starting to get opposing D attentions, if you watch,safetys cheat to help double him. TO would get that att.

Forte's numbers would increase b/c of the attention TO would draw, plus TO is a good blocker

Olson/Clark won't be keyed on and should have more open looks

Orton would have a WR that goes up for the ball, has hands, and could get seperation

----------------------------

What the team would need to do besides bring in TO.

RD1- BPA at a need position: DE, FS, G, RT -- Everrett Brown DE FSU

RD2- traded to Dallas

RD3- Derek Pegues FS Mis St.

RD3*- Andy Kemp G Wis

RD4- Rhett Bomar QB SHS

RD5- best FB available

RD6-7- RT, LB, RB, WR

--------------------------

T. Owens G. Olson C. Williams J. Beekman O. Kreutz Andy Kemp J. Tait D. Clark D Hester K. Orton M. Forte

C. Tillman D. Peques M Brown C Graham

N Roach B Urlacher L Briggs

E. Brown T Harris D Dvorecek A Brown

It's not that bad of an idea, everyone wants a legit #1, but they don't want the garbage that comes with one. TO might only have 2 good years left and if we would ever want to think about winning a Superbowl, we will need to get a WR with those skills.

I for one would not want to give up a 1st for him, even though we usually waste our 1st's. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd, but not both. I'm also counting on getting a 3rd for losing Berrian, so losing a 2nd or 3rd will only hurt the future a little.

TO would love to be a star in Chicago. He visit's the city once in a while, his wife is from the area. TO only starts throwing his antics mainly when the team is losing, so if we were to bring him in, this team better be geared up to bring it.

Hester is already starting to get opposing D attentions, if you watch,safetys cheat to help double him. TO would get that att.

Forte's numbers would increase b/c of the attention TO would draw, plus TO is a good blocker

Orton would have a WR that goes up for the ball, has hands, and could get seperation

RD2- traded to Dallas

RD3*- Andy Kemp G Wis

RD4- Rhett Bomar QB SHS

RD5- best FB available

RD6-7- RT, LB, RB, WR

T. Owens G. Olson C. Williams J. Beekman O. Kreutz Andy Kemp J. Tait D. Clark D Hester K. Orton M. Forte

Bold assumption on only wanting a 2nd for TO after what they gave for Roy.

No team TO has been on has won a playoff game when hes playing since San Fran. The guy tears teams apart. He is such a disaster its amazing to hear ANYONE think it would be a good idea to bring him in. Its honestly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board.

I wouldn't say its the worst idea mentioned on the board but no way, no how do I want that drillrod on this team. If you looked up the definition of turmoil in the dictionary, there would be a picture of TO.

Peace :dabears

Jason,

Are you smoking crack? I would have agreed with you after Philly but now. SF, Philly, and now Dallas why would anyone want to be the 4th stupid ass team to give him a chance. I can't believe this ass wad is starting sh$t down in Dallas. This retard was just crying over Romo being talked about after the playoff loss,"Thats my QB man" now Romo and Witten are coming up with their own plays that dont include TO. Oh wait maybe it's cuz Romo and Witten are white and thats why they are not including TO in their secret meeting.....

Anyway you look at this it would be the worst move made since Cade!

I'm not smoking crack. His locker room habits are horrible, but stats don't lie. The dude can outplay just about every other WR in the NFL.

RD2- traded to Dallas

RD3*- Andy Kemp G Wis

RD4- Rhett Bomar QB SHS

RD5- best FB available

RD6-7- RT, LB, RB, WR

That's essentially my point. Everyone seems to want a #1 WR, but nobody wants the baggage.

That's essentially my point. Everyone seems to want a #1 WR, but nobody wants the baggage.

Correct. We want a #1 without the baggage. TO has torn apart 3 clubhouses. What in his pattern of behavior leads you to believe he would be any different here?????

Peace :dabears

I do not think it is so much that the majority of the guys on the forum do not want the baggage. The fact of the matter is the only team Owens will be happy on and therefore not cause major problems is a team that is a "pass first" team and one with an excellent QB that can utilize the skills of a deap threat like TO. We are not that team. He would never agree to a trade to us in the first place. Therefore the question is somewhat mute IMHO.

I do not think it is so much that the majority of the guys on the forum do not want the baggage. The fact of the matter is the only team Owens will be happy on and therefore not cause major problems is a team that is a "pass first" team and one with an excellent QB that can utilize the skills of a deap threat like TO. We are not that team. He would never agree to a trade to us in the first place. Therefore the question is somewhat mute IMHO.

Yes, TO would prefer to be on a "pass first" team, but have you noticed the Bears playcalling lately (457 pass/ 392 run).

Dallas plays-430pass/333run with one less game.

The type of offense TO wants to play in is the west coast offense similiar to what they ran in SF/Philly. Ron Turner's offense is considered a form of the WCO, but we've never had the receivers that can run it/nor a QB. For that offense, you need a precise throwing QB, so I'm not so sure Orton would be able to handle that task even though he has showed some glimpses of being accurate. You also need big/fast possesion receivers that can run precise routes. Once the defense is softened with short/intermediate routes, you take a shot down field. This also opens the lanes for the RB.

Also, the type of RB you need for this offense fits Forte to the "T". A RB like Roger Craig who can be a threat running or catching the ball and can also block.

I'm not a huge fan of TO or anything, but Jason asked about the thought of bringing him in. My thought is: We do need a #1 WR and if TO were to become available, I would definately consider it.

No, for the following reasons.

One. There are some WRs who display the prima dona antics, or showboat, but aren't "that" bad. TO takes it to such an extreme level though. TO has within himself to simply destroy a team. He has been run out of two cities thus far, and is working on his 3rd.

Further, in all three cities, he has made throwing your QB under the bus an art form. Calls his QB in SF gay. Shreds McNabb. And now w/ Romo, he creates the tear. The team is overall playing well, but "TO isn't getting his", which brings me to the next point.

Two, I want players who want to win more than anything. I have watched TO for years, especially since joining Dallas, and it truly seems to me that TO cares about personal stats MORE than wins. If Dallas wins, but TO doesn't have big numbers, he isn't happy. Case in point, Dallas beat NY last night, but TO still seems to sulk because he didn't have a big game. Reverse, I have seen post-game interviews w/ him when the team lost, but he had big numbers, and you would not know by the interview the team lost. He talks as if coming off a victory because he had a good game.

Three, you say age is not a factor, but I disagree. He is 35 years old, and while you say he is still a beast, I would point out he is having one of his worst seasons since the 90s. He may not even break 1,000 yards this year. He is part of a very good offense, but simply has not been as effective as in the past. I live in Dallas, so I hear it all. A BIG reason he doesn't have the stats as he has in the past is he has struggled to get open this year. Some of Dallas' worst games this year have come when Romo has tried to force the ball to TO, to appease TO. TO simply has not been able to get the separation he did in the past. Now, TO still believes the QB should throw to him and trust him to just go up and get the ball, but I wonder if age is starting to show. Getting open was not one of his problems in the past, but his inability to do so now makes you wonder if age ins't creaping in.

Four, While the locker room issues is nothing new, something I am not sure all bear fans know is, TO drops the ball like Moose. In years past, he made up for that, but this year, not so much. Dallas has shredded him for the number of drops. Also, he is just not playing the game this year like he cares. Many times, he has quite on a route, or just played half-a. Despite the talent, he has become a WR that Romo simply can't rely on.

Last point. There was a time when, if you wanted a #1 WR, you were going to have to accept the prima dona stuff too, as all were prima dona's. I don't think that is the case anymore. I think more and more top tier and elite WRs are coming to the forefront who are betting team players. WRs like TO and Chad Johnson are going away, while players like Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Wayne, Gennings, Boldin and others are proving elite, w/o the massive baggage. Now, you might look at some and point to contract disputes, but haggling over money is a FAR cry from the locker room cancers TO, Moss and Chad Johnson had proven to be.

The reputation may still be there for WRs, but I think the time of the prima dona WR is passing before our eyes.

No thank you.

I'm not high on WR"s to begin with, especially ones that leave a mess after a hurricane. SF hasn't recovered, and Philly looks a shell of themselves.

He is getting older and he still doesn't seem to get it.

While it would be intruiging, it's not a move we should do. We'd have to give up too much for a guy who's use is only maybe 2 years before he throws all the Bears' players under the bus. If we were truly only one WR away from the SB, I'd think about it. We have too many needs to put that cancer on our team.

I'd much rather go after Boldin...

Even better TJ, since we wouldn't have to lose a pick.

There are limits! The ends don't justify the means!