I'm going to bring it up once again. Ocho Cinco?

Bears4Ever_34

I'm watching Chicago Tribune Live right now and there talking about Chad Johnson and how he's going to be available this offseason. It's been talked about before, but seeing how pathetic our WR corps is right now, do you feel like going after a guy like Ocho Cinco who could potentially raise our team to the next level but also destroy the locker room? I say, go for it.

I'm getting confused with all these Ocho Cinco topics!

Yes, I'd consider it for 2 2nds basically. I'm real hesitant to give up a 1st...

I'm watching Chicago Tribune Live right now and there talking about Chad Johnson and how he's going to be available this offseason. It's been talked about before, but seeing how pathetic our WR corps is right now, do you feel like going after a guy like Ocho Cinco who could potentially raise our team to the next level but also destroy the locker room? I say, go for it.

NO, I would not want Johnson. He hasn't done squat all year and he absolutely will kill our locker room. Our offense is not based around 1 guy. Our offense is based on everyone doing there job. Remember if Ocho doesn't get da ball he has no problems throwing da QB under the bus. If we could get him for a pair of 3rd's I would at least consider it. I wouldn't give up any thing better than that though.

NO, I would not want Johnson. He hasn't done squat all year and he absolutely will kill our locker room. Our offense is not based around 1 guy. Our offense is based on everyone doing there job. Remember if Ocho doesn't get da ball he has no problems throwing da QB under the bus. If we could get him for a pair of 3rd's I would at least consider it. I wouldn't give up any thing better than that though.

This season our offense is based on one guy...Matt Forte. We need another guy to take some of that focus away from him. We have good TEs who help a lot in the passing game but no WR that anyone has to worry about, including Hester. I'm in favor of pursuing Chad Johnson if the deal is right. We have nowhere else to turn and hoping the draft will provide a solution is nothing but hope.

Right now anything is better than I can't catch a cold Davis or I'm too old now Booker. Go for it Bears!!

I've been on record numerous times. I'm ok with a headcase at WR if the guy is a stud and produces.

I'd love to see the Bears make a huge FA splash and pick up two big name WRs.

Ocho Cinco

TO

Anquan

Hushyamamma

Pick two of the four, and the Bears are an automatic top-ten offense, maybe even top-five.

I've been on record numerous times. I'm ok with a headcase at WR if the guy is a stud and produces.

Ocho Cinco

TO

Anquan

Hushyamamma

Pick two of the four, and the Bears are an automatic top-ten offense, maybe even top-five.

Just for the record, your not calling all of the above "head cases", are you? Boldin has likely been trashed due to the contract situation, but I wouldn 't put him in the "cancer" category. Many/most good players at one point or another get into a spat w/ their team over money. And I have never heard anything particularly negative about TJ.

I would not really want CJ, but not due to the headcase issues. I don't have a read problem w/ his sort of head case issues, compared to TO. TO is a player that is truly a locker room cancer. CJ is not so much a cancer so much as just a showboat. He is all about the antics. No, my problem w/ CJ is he is too much of a one-trick pony. He is a downfield playmaker. But this year, w/ his power armed QB out, his game has disappeared, and I mean disappeared on Bear WR levels. Also, you have to wonder about the injury issue. So the antics or headcase issues may be a small factor, there are other, more substantial reasons, why I would pass. Not to mention, it would cost us picks to get him, and I just can't agree w/ the price.

I would love to get Boldin, but can we really afford to give up the picks? Wash offered two 1st round picks for Ocho Cinco. I am not sure if Boldin will get the same offer, but I think the minimum will be a 1st and 3rd in the same draft. I think that is too rich for my blood. There may be a couple positions I would be willing to give up that sort of loot for (LT, QB, stud DE) but not for a WR.

I look and look, but I really see few options better than TJ. He offers the best value, IMHO. He is going to cost a ton, but no more (and maybe even less) than Boldin, who is going to demand a new deal w/ any new team. Plus, if we simply sign TJ, we keep our picks, which we sorely need.

Ocho Cinco

TO

Anquan

Hushyamamma

I think two of those four would be awesome, but at too high of a price. I watched Romo the other night with his high dollar recievers look ordinary because the OL wasn't getting it done. Our OL is much worse than Dallas. If we are going to make Orton and the WR's effective. There must be time for the play to develop or a huge threat of being gouged by the run. Right now, we can do neither. My suggestion would be to pursue one and hope Hester and someone develops, then invest heavily in OL. The upgrade would/should/could happen at a higher rate of probability that way. At least you would provide our known entity in Forte the help he needs to continually succeed.

No thanks...

TJ or Anquan are my hopes

I don't even think he is that great of a receiver...he is all hype, most of which he makes himself...Look what happened after TJ got there

Maybe the first season TJ got a break because CJ was getting all the coverage but teams can figure that out after one season...TJ gets more looks and catches and the person on the team that usually leads in those categories is the best receiver on the team..

Ocho Cinco

TO

Anquan

Hushyamamma

Just for the record, your not calling all of the above "head cases", are you? Boldin has likely been trashed due to the contract situation, but I wouldn 't put him in the "cancer" category. Many/most good players at one point or another get into a spat w/ their team over money. And I have never heard anything particularly negative about TJ.

I would not really want CJ, but not due to the headcase issues. I don't have a read problem w/ his sort of head case issues, compared to TO. TO is a player that is truly a locker room cancer. CJ is not so much a cancer so much as just a showboat. He is all about the antics. No, my problem w/ CJ is he is too much of a one-trick pony. He is a downfield playmaker. But this year, w/ his power armed QB out, his game has disappeared, and I mean disappeared on Bear WR levels. Also, you have to wonder about the injury issue. So the antics or headcase issues may be a small factor, there are other, more substantial reasons, why I would pass. Not to mention, it would cost us picks to get him, and I just can't agree w/ the price.

I would love to get Boldin, but can we really afford to give up the picks? Wash offered two 1st round picks for Ocho Cinco. I am not sure if Boldin will get the same offer, but I think the minimum will be a 1st and 3rd in the same draft. I think that is too rich for my blood. There may be a couple positions I would be willing to give up that sort of loot for (LT, QB, stud DE) but not for a WR.

I look and look, but I really see few options better than TJ. He offers the best value, IMHO. He is going to cost a ton, but no more (and maybe even less) than Boldin, who is going to demand a new deal w/ any new team. Plus, if we simply sign TJ, we keep our picks, which we sorely need.

You are correct. I'm not calling them all head-cases. Only 85 and TO fit that bill.

Also, I'm not really advocating the trade or acquisition of any of them...because I'd rather 95% of the attention be focused on making sure the OL is full of fire-breathing road-graders who would rather have their manhood chopped off than see their QB's jersey get dirty.

I think two of those four would be awesome, but at too high of a price. I watched Romo the other night with his high dollar recievers look ordinary because the OL wasn't getting it done. Our OL is much worse than Dallas. If we are going to make Orton and the WR's effective. There must be time for the play to develop or a huge threat of being gouged by the run. Right now, we can do neither. My suggestion would be to pursue one and hope Hester and someone develops, then invest heavily in OL. The upgrade would/should/could happen at a higher rate of probability that way. At least you would provide our known entity in Forte the help he needs to continually succeed.

As my signature line states, I obviously agree with you. I was just speaking in hypotheticals and hyperboles.

I wouldnt mind seeing CJ on the Bears. With Hester, Loyd and CJ as our top wide outs, that would look pretty good. But IMO JA realizes the line is in need of help. With Williams back next year a new guard and back up center or tackle we could be set for many years. Beekman has looked pretty good this year, but garza needs to be replaced. And would not go so far as to say so does Kruetz.

Getting a wide out like Johnson with Hester and Loyd I think would be pretty deadly over all. But not at price that would kill us. 2 thirds would do it for me. As long as we get our Line.

I wouldnt mind seeing CJ on the Bears. With Hester, Loyd and CJ as our top wide outs, that would look pretty good. But IMO JA realizes the line is in need of help. With Williams back next year a new guard and back up center or tackle we could be set for many years. Beekman has looked pretty good this year, but garza needs to be replaced. And would not go so far as to say so does Kruetz.

Getting a wide out like Johnson with Hester and Loyd I think would be pretty deadly over all. But not at price that would kill us. 2 thirds would do it for me. As long as we get our Line.

Lloyd won't be back next year.

One. As was mentioned, Lloyd is an UFA after this season, and I so no chance he returns. Seems like our staff is not his biggest fan, and I would be the feeling is mutual. Say bye bye to Lloyd after this season.

Two. I am not a fan of adding CJ, but especially opposite Hester. CJ is a deep threat, and this year especially, it appears that is about all he is. W/o a QB and Ol that allows him to work the deep part of the field, he simply doesn't add much. I just can't see pairing CJ w/ Hester. IMHO, Orton would get killed holding the ball, waiting for one of the two to get open downfield.

Three. It will cost us to get CJ. Despite the year he is having, I can't see Cincy giving him away. They turned down two 1st round picks (Wash offered) and regardless what his value is, I can't see them eating all pride and taking a massively reduced trade. Also, they likely to lose TJ, so if they trade CJ too, they will be left w/ virtually nothing.

Lloyd won't be back next year.

I think he will be back next year. He has shown he can play with no mouth issues and we can still get him cheap for he really has not raised his stock with other teams. But from what he showed us early before the injury he can play the 2 very well. His size and speed are what is needed. Now Davis wont be back IMO, his days are numbered. Where i agree with you on is CJ not being within reach. But for the recieving core to get up to par there has to be some kinda stability. I dont see anyone currently on staff outside of Lloyd that can get things done. His knowledge of the offense and expierence in the system itself make him have some value to this team.

I think he will be back next year. He has shown he can play with no mouth issues and we can still get him cheap for he really has not raised his stock with other teams. But from what he showed us early before the injury he can play the 2 very well. His size and speed are what is needed. Now Davis wont be back IMO, his days are numbered. Where i agree with you on is CJ not being within reach. But for the recieving core to get up to par there has to be some kinda stability. I dont see anyone currently on staff outside of Loyd that can get things done. His knowledge of the offense and expierence in the system itself make him have some value to this team.

I gotta agree with Nfo that Loyd will be gone. He'll get an offer some antoher team and move on. And I don't doubt that he has grated on the coaching staff to the point they don't want him.