FB Davis

GrizzlyBear

Anyone else checked out this kid. Another Illinois product that seems to me is much better then Mckie. I personaly feel that if they dont keep this kid they will regret it. I was watching the replay the other night and he slams the line like freight train on blocks and pass recieving seems to be superior to Mckies. I was disappointed when they let Pope go, now its Davis turn, But somehow I think Mckie has naked pics of lovie. He keeps turning up like a bad penny.

Anyone else checked out this kid. Another Illinois product that seems to me is much better then Mckie. I personaly feel that if they dont keep this kid they will regret it. I was watching the replay the other night and he slams the line like freight train on blocks and pass recieving seems to be superior to Mckies. I was disappointed when they let Pope go, now its Davis turn, But somehow I think Mckie has naked pics of lovie. He keeps turning up like a bad penny.

I do not know, I was not all that impressed with Davis. He is argueably an upgrade over McKie, but who isn't? Hopefully we can upgrade there as well. I think McKie is a better receiver than Davis, but his blocking sucks. Davis is a definate upgrade as a blocker.

I will reserver judgement on Davis for 2 more games. I haven't been overly impressed but he is still learning.

Peace :dabears

Hell we have Forte, Davis(TE) Olsen,Clark why do we need to throw the ball to the fullbak anyway????? Put Olsen in that spot and let him run an out to th flat and up matched against a LB. We win this matchup 75% of the time.

We need him to block not catch the ball. If he can open holes inside and outside run plays then Forte will be that much better and our running game can pound the ball.

You and I both know in Turner's offense the fullback is a receiving target. The FB in this offense has to be able to catch the ball.

You and I both know in Turner's offense the fullback is a receiving target. The FB in this offense has to be able to catch the ball.

Not true. It's just the way Turner needs it with the talent we have. If they get road graters for a OG and FB, then Turner will have a strength to rely on. It won't be the threat of someone no-one is afraid of. If we have that true strength to rely on, Turner can trick people with play action and screens to players who are real weapons.

I think that Olson would be a pretty good FB lol. I think you could even hand the ball to him on 3rd and short and he would be able to pick it up.

Last year on madden, Olsen was my FB and he was a stud. No LB could cover him out of the backfield, and he would break off some long runs on FB dives. Only problem was/is his fumbling.

As for Davis, he's an upgrade over McKie, but they both need to be/should be replaced. Give me Leonard Weaver, a great all around FB, via free agency, and lets draft someone like Sutherland to be the backup. I would love a jumbo set, a la the Ravens, with Weaver at RB and Sutherland at FB.