We need this

Wesson44

This new guy #19 should be on the field soon if the Bears are smart. We need the dep speed on both sides at WR not just Hester This would open up the middle of the field for Olsen and Clark not to say that we can throw deep to either him or Hester.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a40f15

Bennett and Rideau cannot even get on the field with this crappy group of receivers. How the heck do you expect our staff to move this guy up??? He'll be lucky to make the team next yr. Don't get me wrong - it would be great if he is a diamond in the rough but I doubt it at this time.

Peace :dabears

Bennett and Rideau cannot even get on the field with this crappy group of receivers. How the heck do you expect our staff to move this guy up??? He'll be lucky to make the team next yr. Don't get me wrong - it would be great if he is a diamond in the rough but I doubt it at this time.

yEAH ME TOO, BUT JUST WISHFUL THINKING.

Yet how is it that Bear "cast offs" flourish in other systems??? J. Gage? Wade? that cat that went to K.C. all are doing better elsewhere yet the Bears don't need them??

Coaching??

Flourish???? All 3 are average receivers. Wade has 44 catches for 550ish yds with 2 TDs. Gage has 34 catches for 650ish yds and 6 TDs. Bradley has 28 catches with 3 TDs. None really can be considered above average and, in my opinion, are just a little better than the crap we have. I might take Gage back but that would be it.

I agree that they aren't lighting it up...but they do all appear to be dong better than they did here...even with some suspect QB's...

Our problem is developing offensive talent... There are exceptions, but overall, it just doesn't seem like our current management does a good enough job of that.

Flourish???? All 3 are average receivers. Wade has 44 catches for 550ish yds with 2 TDs. Gage has 34 catches for 650ish yds and 6 TDs. Bradley has 28 catches with 3 TDs. None really can be considered above average and, in my opinion, are just a little better than the crap we have. I might take Gage back but that would be it.

Our problem is developing offensive talent... There are exceptions, but overall, it just doesn't seem like our current management does a good enough job of that.

Totally and unconditionally agree. There are way too many that are willing to blame Lovie for all that ails the Bears. I have said and still say that Turner needs to go. He has not been able to do much with what he has. Lovie was hired with the understanding that he is a Defensive minded coach. The Bears are going to end up with another winning record...like it or not. Kinda hard to disapprove of that result and find someone else better. I think if someone, offensive minded, were brought in from the college ranks then things could turn around on the Offensive side. Who??? I admit I don't know who, but again someone who is offensively aggressive and will get away from that stinkin' dink and dunk West Coast Offense.

That being said....Will the McCaskey's go out and pay top dollar for someone like Cassel? He knows cold weather and will be available next year. My concern is instead, they (The Bears), will go for someone like Culpepper or McNabb.

Lastly and regarding Offensive talent. Something tells me that when Grossman goes to his new team...wherever that may be...and if he gets a decent Offensive Coordinator that gets into his mind and helps him stop flinching....watch out. I predict Grossman will be Pro Bowl bound if all this comes to fruition.

Totally and unconditionally agree. There are way too many that are willing to blame Lovie for all that ails the Bears. I have said and still say that Turner needs to go. He has not been able to do much with what he has. Lovie was hired with the understanding that he is a Defensive minded coach. The Bears are going to end up with another winning record...like it or not. Kinda hard to disapprove of that result and find someone else better. I think if someone, offensive minded, were brought in from the college ranks then things could turn around on the Offensive side. Who??? I admit I don't know who, but again someone who is offensively aggressive and will get away from that stinkin' dink and dunk West Coast Offense.

I basically agree w/ the above, but who hired Turner? Further, and in terms of development, who hired the position coaches? The position coaches are more crucial to a player developing than that OC. Lovie is in charge of all these guys, and as such, as to accept blame for their lack of development.

That being said....Will the McCaskey's go out and pay top dollar for someone like Cassel? He knows cold weather and will be available next year. My concern is instead, they (The Bears), will go for someone like Culpepper or McNabb.

Cassell is the popular kid in the hall right now, but I question going after him. Sorry, but he is currently in a great situation, and as such, I just question how good he is. He has a great OL. He has great receivers in Moss and Welker. And he has one of the best (if not the best) coaching staffs in the NFL. I am not taking away from Cassel for what he has done this year, but I think there is a huge question mark on him for next year, w/ a new team.

Lastly and regarding Offensive talent. Something tells me that when Grossman goes to his new team...wherever that may be...and if he gets a decent Offensive Coordinator that gets into his mind and helps him stop flinching....watch out. I predict Grossman will be Pro Bowl bound if all this comes to fruition.

I simply don't see it. There are things I think can be taught and things that, if they are not there by now, are not going to be. Rex has the arm and talent overall, but I just do not think he has, or will ever have, the head. Now, if he goes to a team w/ an all-pro OL and surrounding talent, sure, he could look great, but so could most. I just question whether Rex will ever play well when under pressure.

Cassell is the popular kid in the hall right now, but I question going after him. Sorry, but he is currently in a great situation, and as such, I just question how good he is. He has a great OL. He has great receivers in Moss and Welker. And he has one of the best (if not the best) coaching staffs in the NFL. I am not taking away from Cassel for what he has done this year, but I think there is a huge question mark on him for next year, w/ a new team.

I simply don't see it. There are things I think can be taught and things that, if they are not there by now, are not going to be. Rex has the arm and talent overall, but I just do not think he has, or will ever have, the head. Now, if he goes to a team w/ an all-pro OL and surrounding talent, sure, he could look great, but so could most. I just question whether Rex will ever play well when under pressure.

I agree with you on both. Cassel is the flavor of the day with great, great talent around him. I would like to see how he would look with our o-line, wrs, and coaching.

Rex is a good guy and I wish him the best. However, I simply do not see him ever playing at a probowl level.

Maybe all three are average WRs, but were they even average on our team?

Bradley could not get on the field, and when he did, you didn't know it. He goes to KC, and immediately becomes a productive WR. You are looking at his overall stats, but he has only played a 1/2 season w/ KC, and didn't arrive in KC until after the season began.

Gage - Injuries have limited him, and he is not likely to have huge stats on a team that can run for 150-200 yards a game anyway, but he has been very productive for them. He has more yards than any of our WRs, and only two fewer TDs than all of our WRs combined.

Wade - Far from great, but again, no one is saying he is, but simply pointing out that WRs leave Chicago and become more productive elsewhere.

Maybe all three are average WRs, but were they even average on our team?

Bradley could not get on the field, and when he did, you didn't know it. He goes to KC, and immediately becomes a productive WR. You are looking at his overall stats, but he has only played a 1/2 season w/ KC, and didn't arrive in KC until after the season began.

Gage - Injuries have limited him, and he is not likely to have huge stats on a team that can run for 150-200 yards a game anyway, but he has been very productive for them. He has more yards than any of our WRs, and only two fewer TDs than all of our WRs combined.

Wade - Far from great, but again, no one is saying he is, but simply pointing out that WRs leave Chicago and become more productive elsewhere.

The word that was used in the post I responded that was flourish. Flourish means, to me, they play at a much higher level now than they did when they were with the Bears. I just don't see it that way.

I might still apply "flourish" to Bradley and Gage, though I would not Wade.

Gage's best season w/ us was 350 yards and 2 scores. He was a depth chart WR who could be used for a few plays, but was never seen as an every down starter. W/ Tenn, he has become not only an everydown starter, but the team's #1 WR. No, he isn't a pro bowler, but he has "flourished" w/ another team. Just just look at his current stats, but compare what he has done and become w/ what he did and was for us.

The body of work to view is less w/ Bradley, but again, I would say he has flourished w/ another team. For us, he was a WR who was not even thought enough of to get on the field. He goes to KC and becomes an instant starter, and while injuries have once again hurt him, he has simply been a far better, and more productive, player for KC than he was for us.

Neither are great players, but when you compare what they have gone on to do w/ what they did for us, I think there is a great enough level of difference to use the term flourish.

The word that was used in the post I responded that was flourish. Flourish means, to me, they play at a much higher level now than they did when they were with the Bears. I just don't see it that way.

Agreed with the overall sentiments. Why bring in another guy when there are others in the pecking order before him.

On the logistics of it, however, I disagree. I don't think it's that they can't crack the starting lineup. I think it's that the coaches won't let them crack the starting lineup. Big difference.

Agreed with the overall sentiments. Why bring in another guy when there are others in the pecking order before him.

On the logistics of it, however, I disagree. I don't think it's that they can't crack the starting lineup. I think it's that the coaches won't let them crack the starting lineup. Big difference.

I shpuld have clarified. I meant the coaching staff was the major blocking point here.