Does NYG show up this Sunday?

Pixote

I have heard speculation that their HC would never treat this game any differently than the norm.

I have also heard key players might be held out, such as Jacobs.

What have you guys heard? If they play this game with normal personnel on the field I have no doubt MIN loses. If they pull every player who has as much as a hangnail to prevent further injury, MIN wins.

Basically what you heard.

There are some coaches who would view this week as basically a bye week. They would sit basically all their starters to avoid injury and give them a rest. Caughlin is not a coach like this. He said himself that he believes the final week carries over to the playoffs, and talked about how you want to be playing your best football heading into the post-season. He is going to play to win, and going to have his team ready to go.

At the same time, he has several players who probably should have been resting already due to injury, but played because so much was still on the line. These players I think we should expect to see sitting. Unfortunately, a couple of these players who have been playing through injury are also some of their key players, like Jacobs and Tuck.

I have heard speculation that their HC would never treat this game any differently than the norm.

What have you guys heard? If they play this game with normal personnel on the field I have no doubt MIN loses. If they pull every player who has as much as a hangnail to prevent further injury, MIN wins.

Caughlin said they go out every game no matter what prepared to win, but he said he's also going to be smart with the players. Basically he's saying, no Jacobs. Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw are perfectly capable of beating the Vikings, but Jacobs is a key contributor to their offense. I really hope the Giants can win cuz I don't expect the Raiders to beat the Bucs.

Jacobs and any oher injured guy will be sat, but everyone should play and play hard.

My buddy is a big NYG fan, and is convinced they will play hard and want to win to keep momentum. He is expecting victory and says they usually kick butt when they are the underdog...

Go Giants!

Injured players will be sat otherwise Coughlin won't treat it any different to a normal game. Look at last year against the Pats.

The question should be do the want to beat the Queens now or later? If they lose to the Queens they may have to play them again in the playoffs. If I were the Giants, I would much rather eliminate the Queens from playoff contention and risk having to play the Bears. Williams may be back in time to play in the playoffs and AP is capable of going off at any time. The Bears simply do not have the talent the Queens do.

Peace :dabears

Of course the Giants will show up Sunday. It's not in Coughlins nature to want to go into the playoffs coming off a loss. They will give their best effort. They probably won't play Jacobs or Tuck unless they are healed and ready to go but they are coming to play and I don't believe for ONE PHUCKING MINUTE that the Vikings are a better team than we are so this nonsense about them wanting to win so they could face us is a load of crap. We're in this position because we lost games we shouldn't have and our coaching staff has no clue how to prepare this team to play EVERY SUNDAY as if it were our last game. If they had done this back in September, we'd be looking at a different team right now. We are where we are because we didn't perform and probably don't deserve a playoff spot.

Of course the Giants will show up Sunday. It's not in Coughlins nature to want to go into the playoffs coming off a loss. They will give their best effort. They probably won't play Jacobs or Tuck unless they are healed and ready to go but they are coming to play and I don't believe for ONE PHUCKING MINUTE that the Vikings are a better team than we are so this nonsense about them wanting to win so they could face us is a load of crap. We're in this position because we lost games we shouldn't have and our coaching staff has no clue how to prepare this team to play EVERY SUNDAY as if it were our last game. If they had done this back in September, we'd be looking at a different team right now. We are where we are because we didn't perform and probably don't deserve a playoff spot.

Hey, thanks for basically calling my post a load of crap. Merry Christmas to you as well.

I wasn't calling your post a load of crap. Just that comment about the Vikings having more talent. THAT is a load of crap.

Alright.

I'm fairly sure if you asked, 70 to 80% of all NFL analysts will say that the Queens have more talent than we do especially at the top of the roster. Hell, they were picked by most to win the division.

Who do we have to compare to AP? Forte is very good and I like him a ton but he is no AP. Then you add the fact they have Taylor as well.

Who do we have to compare to Berrian? Hester may develop to his level but he is no where near there now.

Who do we have to compare to Jared Allen? Brown and Ogy are good players but no where near his level.

Who do we have to compare to the Williams wall? Tommie can be an outstanding player when healthy but thats only 1 of 2.

The only unit where I would say that we are better is special teams.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Queens. I hate them more than the Pack. IMHO, however, they clearly have more talent than us especially at the top of the roster.

I wasn't calling your post a load of crap. Just that comment about the Vikings having more talent. THAT is a load of crap.

I would say that I am of the philosophy that you build a team from the trenches as a starting point.

The Vikings Offensive line is far superior to ours. IMO

The Vikings Defensive line is far superior to ours. IMO

However, when you get beyond the lines, where are they better?

I think Forte behind that line would be adding a lot of yardage to his already impressive total as a Rookie. He does not have the fumbling problem AP has. He is better blocking and picking up blitzes than AP. He is a better pass receiver out of the backfield than AP. He has shown to be more durable than AP. I will take Forte over AP, he is a much better all around player.

WRs? I can not say I am impressed with the WRs on either team. As far as I am concerned both teams have below average talent at the position and no depth.

TEs? I will take ours over the Vikings.

QBs? It is a wash. I would take Orton & Hanie over Gus and Jackson, but that is MHO. Both have question marks at the position that may need to be addressed in the off season.

Then we turn to Defense.

Our LBs are far superior to the Vikings LBs.

Our DBs are far superior as a unit to the Vikings unit.

Special teams? We have one of the best in the league, if not the best. The Vikings STs suck.

So, IMO, the Bears in total retrospective are a superior team personnel wise.

Now coaching, that is a different story and one I will not get into in this post.

I would say that I am of the philosophy that you build a team from the trenches as a starting point.

The Vikings Offensive line is far superior to ours. IMO

The Vikings Defensive line is far superior to ours. IMO

However, when you get beyond the lines, where are they better?

I think Forte behind that line would be adding a lot of yardage to his already impressive total as a Rookie. He does not have the fumbling problem AP has. He is better blocking and picking up blitzes than AP. He is a better pass receiver out of the backfield than AP. He has shown to be more durable than AP. I will take Forte over AP, he is a much better all around player.

WRs? I can not say I am impressed with the WRs on either team. As far as I am concerned both teams have below average talent at the position and no depth.

TEs? I will take ours over the Vikings.

QBs? It is a wash. I would take Orton & Hanie over Gus and Jackson, but that is MHO. Both have question marks at the position that may need to be addressed in the off season.

Then we turn to Defense.

Our LBs are far superior to the Vikings LBs.

Our DBs are far superior as a unit to the Vikings unit.

Special teams? We have one of the best in the league, if not the best. The Vikings STs suck.

So, IMO, the Bears in total retrospective are a superior team personnel wise.

Now coaching, that is a different story and one I will not get into in this post.

I agree with almost everything you said, except "I will take Forte over AP, he is a much better all around player." You lost it on that one. AP is the scariest RB I have seen in long time, maybe ever. I love Forte, but would cut him in a second for AP.

We are talking about the vikings. Throw talent out the window as it doesn't exactly mean a lot for the vikes this time of year.

They have a great ability to choke going down the home streatch. Ya don't believe me check them out.

Their fans are well aware of it as they sat on their hands almost the entire game last week waitng for them to lose.

This week won't be any different except as they back in with a home loss and a BEARS loss on the road.

I'm a lot more concerned about BEARS winning. The vikes will lose and go down to defeat to the NYG.

Alright.

I'm fairly sure if you asked, 70 to 80% of all NFL analysts will say that the Queens have more talent than we do especially at the top of the roster. Hell, they were picked by most to win the division.

Who do we have to compare to AP? Forte is very good and I like him a ton but he is no AP. Then you add the fact they have Taylor as well.

Who do we have to compare to Berrian? Hester may develop to his level but he is no where near there now.

Who do we have to compare to Jared Allen? Brown and Ogy are good players but no where near his level.

Who do we have to compare to the Williams wall? Tommie can be an outstanding player when healthy but thats only 1 of 2.

The only unit where I would say that we are better is special teams.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Queens. I hate them more than the Pack. IMHO, however, they clearly have more talent than us especially at the top of the roster.

Phuck the Analysts, if our football team plays to it's potential, we beat the vikings 6 out of 10 times. Give orton 1 premier WR and we beat them 7 out of 10.

Phuck the Analysts, if our football team plays to it's potential, we beat the vikings 6 out of 10 times. Give orton 1 premier WR and we beat them 7 out of 10.

We were talking talent levels and IMHO the Queens have more. I agree that we would beat the Queens six out of 10 times because I think their coaching staff is a lot worse than ours which is saying alot.

I also agree that we need a #1 receiver. The group we roll out every week is the worst in the league - hands down.

The Giants better show up. Coughlin plays to win every game. Even if Jacobs doesn't play, look what there backup did on sunday night... The Giants have enough depth to take out Minnesota...

Our best case scenario: Giants defeat Minny. We beat Houston for the NFC North Championship.

For the Wild card race: Philly will beat Dallas IN Philly to knock out the Cowboys.

With Tampas recent struggles, who knows what team will show up, but there is no way Tampa loses to Oakland. I predict Tampa will win that final Wild Card spot.

Your NFC playoff picture will look like this probably:

1. Giants (first round Bye)

2. Panthers (first round Bye)

3. Vikings or Bears

4. Cardinals

5. Falcons

6. Bucs

Wildcard round:

Falcons @ Cardinals

Bucs @ Bears or Vikings

If they were smart they'd treat it like any other game and play to win. There's been a multitude of examples of why resting guys doesn't work. Regardless of us I think they will play to win but I wouldn't be surpassed if they pull their starters if the game isn't close either way.

That may be wishful thinking because we need them to beat the Vikings to help our cause but from their perspective I think it makes sense to keep their starters in a regular rhythm going into the playoffs.

The Giants better show up. Coughlin plays to win every game. Even if Jacobs doesn't play, look what there backup did on sunday night... The Giants have enough depth to take out Minnesota...

Our best case scenario: Giants defeat Minny. We beat Houston for the NFC North Championship.

For the Wild card race: Philly will beat Dallas IN Philly to knock out the Cowboys.

With Tampas recent struggles, who knows what team will show up, but there is no way Tampa loses to Oakland. I predict Tampa will win that final Wild Card spot.

3. Vikings or Bears

4. Cardinals

5. Falcons

6. Bucs

Wildcard round:

Falcons @ Cardinals

Bucs @ Bears or Vikings

I'll take my chances with Atlanta, Tampa, or Dallas. We could have beat Tampa earlier this year, and now (like you said), they're struggling. Dallas just isn't very good period, and we could have beat Atlanta in their place which is a very tough place to play. At the time we played Atlanta, no team had scored on them in the 1st quarter, and neither did we. Turns out- had we even got the slimmest amount of points (a safety), it would have went to OT.

3. Vikings or Bears

4. Cardinals

5. Falcons

6. Bucs

Wildcard round:

Falcons @ Cardinals

Bucs @ Bears or Vikings

I agree. I can't see Gruden losing to Oakland at home with so much at stake. And you know their D will show up for the DC's last regular season game.

I agree. I can't see Gruden losing to Oakland at home with so much at stake. And you know their D will show up for the DC's last regular season game.

Logic would say that TBB beats Oakland. However, reason would also say that the Bucs have been playing very poorly as of late. They have lost their last 3 games. Their defense has not played well. They lost their running game when they lost Graham for the season.

In the meantime everyone says how great Houston is playing. However, the same team that everyone says TBB will kill just beat Houston last week 27 to 16.

So is Houston & TBB as good as many are giving credit?

I feel they are both good teams but both have shown to ber very vulnerable & capable of choking.