What's your poison ?

Grouchy Bear

Let's assume that Lovie keeps his staff intact and Angelo keeps the same blue print for offseason building ( drafts, FA's, Extending team players contracts). Last year i was suprised that Williams was our #1 pick ,but it was a definate a must. Angelo likes to pick up seasoned OL Vets ( early 30's) to fill in as stop gaps.

I think we can agree on that Offensive line and WR's seems to be a must this year as well as FS and DL. I know we have certain amount of cap space allowed for Fa's and draft choices.

But my question is what positions should be filled by FA's and what by draft picks and by whom?

My Fav 1 round drafts are Taylor Mays, William Moore, Heyward Bey, Jeremy Maclin, Cirion Black, Michael johnson, and Eugene Monroe.

My Possible Fav FA pickups UFA Vernon Carey ROT, Albert Haynesworth DT ( Url and Tommy would love Big Albert ), Rocky Bernard DT, Dunta Robinson CB if healthy enough , Chris Gamble CB, WR TJ houshtoo-long-name, Derick Ward RB ( giants have some big contracts to fill and extend, Jacobs is one) this would be a nice one two punch for the bears, maurice mooris RB.

Let's assume that Lovie keeps his staff intact and Angelo keeps the same blue print for offseason building ( drafts, FA's, Extending team players contracts). Last year i was suprised that Williams was our #1 pick ,but it was a definate a must. Angelo likes to pick up seasoned OL Vets ( early 30's) to fill in as stop gaps.

I think we can agree on that Offensive line and WR's seems to be a must this year as well as FS and DL. I know we have certain amount of cap space allowed for Fa's and draft choices.

But my question is what positions should be filled by FA's and what by draft picks and by whom?

My Fav 1 round drafts are Taylor Mays, William Moore, Heyward Bey, Jeremy Maclin, Cirion Black, Michael johnson, and Eugene Monroe.

My Possible Fav FA pickups UFA Vernon Carey ROT, Albert Haynesworth DT ( Url and Tommy would love Big Albert ), Rocky Bernard DT, Dunta Robinson CB if healthy enough , Chris Gamble CB, WR TJ houshtoo-long-name, Derick Ward RB ( giants have some big contracts to fill and extend, Jacobs is one) this would be a nice one two punch for the bears, maurice mooris RB.

Did you ask a question? Sorry I was distracted.

Get me Whoseyourmamma and resign St Clair to be the swing tackle or LG going forward. Draft O-line in round 1 or 2. Draft a pure free safety in the top 3 rounds.

That would make me happy.

Peace :dabears

Did you ask a question? Sorry I was distracted.

Get me Whoseyourmamma and resign St Clair to be the swing tackle or LG going forward. Draft O-line in round 1 or 2. Draft a pure free safety in the top 3 rounds.

That would make me happy.

Peace :dabears

There was text in that message?!!!

I agree with you Connorbear. Resign St. Clair, we can use him as solid depth on the OL. Take a long look at available WRs in FA and bring one in, but don't sell the farm to get him--they just don't do much in our system anyway.

Easy for me...

If the Bears pick up a solid OT in FA, then I want to see the Bears draft an OG in the first and a WR in the second.

If the Bears pick up a solid WR in FA, then I want to see the Bears draft an OT in the first and a OG in the second.

Sign TJ in FA.

Resign Mike Brown, given all the other needs he's our best option for now. I will add that Steltz pissed me off one his first play in the game when he got run over and gave up a TD. However, later in the game he took on an OG block and stood the guy up and then went on to make the tackle

Resign Kevin Jones at RB. A year removed from his surgery and dropping his playing weight will get him back to the explosive runner we knew, and need. His willingness to play special teams late in the year proves he can be the backup RB we need.

All the chatter about how trading Thomas Jones and watching him head to the Pro Bowl neglects one aspect; the Jets spent a ton of money fixing their Oline. Jones is the beneficiary of that effort. With our QB situation in doubt once again we must pursue this path and build one of the best running games in the league with Forte. Resign St. Clair and tell him he's the starter at RG. Let Garza be our backup or Beuning whoever wins the spot. Please please cut Metcalf!

Keep Beekman at LG for now, he will be our C in the future.

Rd 1 draft ROT of the future. Let him compete with Tait for starting job. If Tait loses he's our backup OT.

Rd 2 best available between WR/DE.

Rd 3 draft WR/DE.

Rd 3a (Berrian comp?) draft a QB. At a minimum we need a 2nd QB but more importantly we need some competition for Orton who may at best be a stopgap.

Rd 4 lots of different directions here but I think it's got to be a FS, OG is a possibility too.

Rd 5-7 best available.

Resign Mike Brown,

sign Jeff Garcia as #2 vet to back up Orton

sign TJ Housh

or

trade for: Anquan Boldin

Draft:

RD1: Mays, Moore FS, Monroe OT, Robinson G, Maclin WR in that order of availability

RD2: H Johnson OG, DE, or best WR w/ #1 potential available.

RD3: Potential RT

RD3b: QB to develop

Glad to see the nice visual aids again Grouchy!

We nned Housh...and an OL somewhere. I think the rest can be had in the draft.

Resign Mike Brown,

sign Jeff Garcia as #2 vet to back up Orton

sign TJ Housh

or

trade for: Anquan Boldin

Draft:

RD1: Mays, Moore FS, Monroe OT, Robinson G, Maclin WR in that order of availability

RD2: H Johnson OG, DE, or best WR w/ #1 potential available.

RD3: Potential RT

RD3b: QB to develop

If the Bears were to sign Jeff Garcia, he would be the starter. Well, any good coach, who actually has common sense and a bit of talent evaluation ability, would quickly realize that Jeff Garcia just seems to win...and would naturally beat out Orton.

If the Bears were to sign Jeff Garcia, he would be the starter. Well, any good coach, who actually has common sense and a bit of talent evaluation ability, would quickly realize that Jeff Garcia just seems to win...and would naturally beat out Orton.

True, but you know here in Chicago, were gonna here "Kyle's our quarterback".

Plus, I would give Kyle a little time if other parts are brought in to the offense, like #1 WR and more OLine talent.

FA- Hoosh, Bently. Hoosh would be big money, Bently would not But a definate upgrade.

Draft in no particular order- FS, OT, LB

No way would I take Garcia in FA pick up. One main reason, He is best a stop gap, I dont see him playing to much longer and I dont see him taking us to the promised land. Now if The Eagles would like to unload McNabb I would be all over it. He would be home and I think for next 5 years would be a starter. He now can take us to the promised land.