What happens with the Bears coaching staff?

jason

Who gets fired?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What happens with the Bears coaching staff?

• Lovie Smith, Ron Turner, and Bob Babich get fired
    • Ron Turner and Bob Babich get fired
    • Ron Turner gets fired
    • Bob Babich gets fired

I only see Babich getting fired (possibly demoted)... however, if it was up to me, we'd be looking at a whole new coaching staff next year.

I agree.

I am not sure if we would replace Babich. If a DC became available that fits into Lovie's defensive philosophy then I could see a possible change. However, would it really make a big difference if the same Cover 2 defense would be run? How much of the problem with our defense is the DC and how much is the scheme we are running?

Until we solidify the personnel on the "O" I am not sure if we can properly evaluate Turner.

Lovie has too much contract left to see him fired, IMHO.

None of the above...no one gets fired. We did "well enough" and the players "didn't execute". "We had a winning season."

2 more years...

I'd like to see the coordinators given the axe, with people brought in to bring in new ideas. Lovie seems like a guy everyone likes, and has had success, but there are definitely changes needed.

None of the above...no one gets fired. We did "well enough" and the players "didn't execute". "We had a winning season."

2 more years...

Sadly I agree, would be surprised if anyone of the three get fired. I see assistants getting fired. There will be scapegoats but we'll be stuck with the the same three guys we had this year. And here I thought we got rid of the three stooges..... looks like all we did is hire their backups. I would like to see at the very least Babich gone yesterday. Turner has gotten something out of nothing, he does have his pet plays that he thinks are clever and have yet to work. But he hasn't had much to work with. With Lovie it seems that our defensive schemes will never stray too far away from the cover 2. However, the right guy in there can make a difference. The situation was the same with Chico and he got that D to play at a high level. I'm convinced that Babich was actually some janitor they found and promoted to DC and has no clue how to run a defense. I'm positive we're stuck with Lovie but with the right coordinator combination and a good offseason in the draft and free agency I think we could see improvement in the overall product on the field.