Marinelli (and Mangini) fired

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I would absolutely take him in that role, and might even throw in one of those meaningless "assistant head coach" titles for him to save some face. Our DL coach is another I think has to go. He joined the team after Rivera left, and in his two years, our pass rush has gone to shit.

I agree with this. That said, he'll have plenty of options at DL coach. One would think we'd have the "edge" since he and Lovie have a history. But money will probably talk loudest.

Our line has the talent to be a lot better than it was this year. Something has to change there or we're doomed to repeat 2008 again. Or worse. Lovie likes to say we were a few plays away from being an 11 or 12 win team. I look at the way this team played this season and feel we were also a few plays away from being a 5 win team.

This squad needs help and a solid DL coach is a great start.

Marinelli=Babich. I say no. I'm tired of Lovie guys that only want to blitz on running downs, then drop back into a soft cover 2 on passing downs. The QB sees no pressure, then calmly finds the WR who exposes the soft spot in the zone.

Then we hear the stat that we blitz more than anyone else. Hey, I'd bet that if anyone dared to run the numbers, they'd see that we blitz less than anyone on 3rd down. We always act like we're going to send the LBs, but never do. This is fooling no one. The QB knows they aren't going to blitz.

Trust Lovie again? No thanks. In fact, I say he should hire another Chico type that will challenge him enough to make us a good defense again.

The only way you get a non-lovie guy is if you fire Lovie Smith. Any person he brings in will be a disciple of the Tampa 2. He has a plan with the defense, and will hire people that will support the plan. Good, bad, or otherwise. The last guy, Chico Rivera was run out of town because he wanted to do things differently than Lovie, what makes you think he is going to get another counter point.

Marinelli=Babich. I say no. I'm tired of Lovie guys that only want to blitz on running downs, then drop back into a soft cover 2 on passing downs. The QB sees no pressure, then calmly finds the WR who exposes the soft spot in the zone.

Then we hear the stat that we blitz more than anyone else. Hey, I'd bet that if anyone dared to run the numbers, they'd see that we blitz less than anyone on 3rd down. We always act like we're going to send the LBs, but never do. This is fooling no one. The QB knows they aren't going to blitz.

Trust Lovie again? No thanks. In fact, I say he should hire another Chico type that will challenge him enough to make us a good defense again.

Do you even watch the games? They blitz all the time, THEY GET BLOCKED BECAUSE THE OPPONENT KNOWS ITS COMING. They dont pretend to send the LBs, they send them

The only way you get a non-lovie guy is if you fire Lovie Smith. Any person he brings in will be a disciple of the Tampa 2. He has a plan with the defense, and will hire people that will support the plan. Good, bad, or otherwise. The last guy, Chico Rivera was run out of town because he wanted to do things differently than Lovie, what makes you think he is going to get another counter point.

Are you high? We got rid of Rivera because we got tired of his act of doing HC interviews during superbowl week. That move was strictly to get rid of the distraction he brought along as DC.