Angelo looking for QB

OmahaBear

Who the hell said that Hanie is not NFL worthy? That is unbievable that anyone would say that when the kid has not been given a chance to do anything except play a few snaps last preseason. I tell you what, he looked darn good to me, and I do not care if he was playing against 2nd or 3rd stringers. I am hoping he gets some time to show what he can do this year against 1st stringers. You can not say he is not NFL worthy after one year of being the #3.

You can not dismiss him just because he was an UDFA. He may not be the answer to our QB situation, but do not completely dismiss him without giving him a chance to develop.

Sure I'm speculating with Hanie not being NFL worthy, but what I think I know is:

--Rex won't be back

--JA wants to bring in competition for Kyle Orton, meaning Hanie's not in the mix.

At best Hanie will our #3 QB with no real chance of seeing the field.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but the Hanie situation reminds me a lot of the Mike Hass situation from last year.

Hanie is a developmental player, like most other UDFA's and late round QB's. He's going to be the 3rd string QB to develop. I don't see what is so tough to understand about his situation. He is a solid developmental QB who could potentially see some time in a year or two.

Hanie is a developmental player, like most other UDFA's and late round QB's. He's going to be the 3rd string QB to develop. I don't see what is so tough to understand about his situation. He is a solid developmental QB who could potentially see some time in a year or two.

I agree with BearSox and would like to see us develop Hanie and see what we get in a another year or so. He definatley has some nice attributes and does not cost much to see if he can become "NFL" worthy!