Bears fire Wilkes

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Turner did more with less while Babich did less with more. I'm not a big fan of Turner but he had little to work with this year yet the offense was adequate, better than anyone expected. The D was a colossal failure especially considering the money we spent in the last two years.

Turner did more with less while Babich did less with more. I'm not a big fan of Turner but he had little to work with this year yet the offense was adequate, better than anyone expected. The D was a colossal failure especially considering the money we spent in the last two years.

You could almost equate our D to one of those Mega-Disasters episodes on History Channel.

Agreed! At least letting this DB coach go is a start...

Maybe we won't see so much DB's off the LOS by 20 yeards next season....

Lining up and concepts like formation are the job of the DC, Babich. If Wilkes was making those calls then Babich should have been fired halfway through the season. I'm thinking Wilkes should be teaching techniques needed within that system. Things like...there's only 9 seconds left and they need to complete a 20 yard pass and get out of bounds, just drop deep at the snap and keep everything in front and inside of you.