Angelo is pissed.

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I feel very confident that we have a good core of players and a team in place. I'm very confident. We'll add players obviously. But if we didn't add anybody, we're still going to be a good football team. I feel very strongly about that.

He never talks about adding guys. It makes me think...

The disappointment in the defense was the inconsistency, Angelo said. We just never really hit a real plane where we were able to maintain consistency. That created frustration because that's tough now.

I've never heard Angelo talk in the tone he did when I heard this on CTL.

If it's about effort, that's probably what I'd be a little bit more sensitive to, he said. I can live with a mistake. I can live with a guy maybe not being good enough as long as they're playing and giving their best. That's really all you could ask out of a guy. If we made a mistake on his talent and we thought something, that's one thing. But if they're not playing hard or playing up to their abilities, that's on them and I do take that very personally. And I will address that. That will not happen here.

I am disappointed with a few players. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not. And those players are going to have to be accountable for what they do. I'm not going to get into names, but that's the bottom line and we are in a bottom-line business. That's being part of a team. If you're part of a team, you're giving your best each and every day. That's not asking too much; that's expected and that will always be expected here in Chicago as long as I'm here and as long as Lovie [smith] is here.

You've seen our track record I'm not hesitant to cut anybody, Angelo said. I don't let money get in the way of doing what's right for this football team. Egg on my face doesn't bother me. Whatever we need to do, we will do to be the best we can be. We make mistakes. That's part of the game; every team does. I've always said this: The only thing worse than making a mistake is justifying it.

The way he said this made me crack a grin. Again, his tone made him sound in charge. It made him sound like he understands the core of the defense's window for a ring may be closing and he wants one soon as well. But who is he referring to? Vasher? Harris? Ogunleye? Maybe even Hester on KR's/PR's? On MJH today, JD says either Anderson or Ogunleye won't be back next year.

When you're not playing consistent football, your job's not good enough, Angelo said. If you're going to win, you have to be consistent in what you do. It just goes with the territory. We weren't consistent, and those are the things we'll get into. I don't want to go any further than that because we haven't talked about anything."

That was in a response to a question about the future of Babich.

I think the world of Rod Marinelli, Angelo said. I would love to have Rod Marinelli on our staff, and I think Lovie would say the same thing. He's a great football coach. Anytime you get a chance to get a great coach or great player, you're not going to sit here and say that you wouldn't consider him or you wouldn't work a way to do that.

Bank on Marinelli being apart of this organization next year.

He also went on to say Bennett not playing was a pure coaching decision.

Thoughts?

I only caught the tail end of the video but he did look pretty P.O'd to say the least. I wish he would have said something about Turner but atleast Babich seems to look like he's outta here. I don't want Marenelli as our D coordinator, I'll take him as our D line coach but that's it. He has never called plays before, and his defense in Detroit was terrible.

This isn't anything new with JA. He isn't afraid to lay down the law, and that's why I'm a big fan of his, most of the time. I think the odds of Vasher getting cut just rose a bit, but I still think we give him one more opportunity.

I think Mark Anderson, Dusty Dvoracek, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Adawale Ogunleye, Brandon Lloyd, Marty Booker (mainly because he sucks), Roberto Garza, and John Tait are all on the hot seat. All of these guys were either lazy, played like shit, or both. Also, these are the players that actually played, I'm not going to get into the Terrence Metcalf's.

I only caught the tail end of the video but he did look pretty P.O'd to say the least. I wish he would have said something about Turner but atleast Babich seems to look like he's outta here. I don't want Marenelli as our D coordinator, I'll take him as our D line coach but that's it. He has never called plays before, and his defense in Detroit was terrible.

Marinelli would be a big upgrade over Babich, and he's the best we could hope for. He knows the system, and has HC experience. He knows what he's doing. Plus, he's smart as hell.

As for Turner, he isn't on the hot seat at all. Think about, the whole superbowl formula was to have a middle of the pack O and elite D. Guess what, our O is exactly where JA and Lovie would want it, but it's the D that's not where it's suppossed to be at. Step one in Chicago is to have a dominate D. Step two is then improve the O.

He also went on to say Bennett not playing was a pure coaching decision.

Thoughts?

That last part pisses me off. And it shows why Lovie and Turner should be held much closer to the fire than they will be. There is no excuse for Bennett not seeing the field. None.

That last part pisses me off. And it shows why Lovie and Turner should be held much closer to the fire than they will be. There is no excuse for Bennett not seeing the field. None.

Well, there was the fact he was a rookie receiver, sucked during preseason, and perhaps did not know the routes. I can't really blame any coach for having a rookie spend a year to just develop, especially at WR (or OLine)

Well, there was the fact he was a rookie receiver, sucked during preseason, and perhaps did not know the routes. I can't really blame any coach for having a rookie spend a year to just develop, especially at WR (or OLine)

Especially if your team is in the playoff hunt and you really can't afford gigantic mistakes that could lead to turnovers.

JA is pissed ???

BFD....... when did he become Mr F**king perfect ????

Last time I checked he's the guy that wasted the 4th pick in the 1st rd on Ced Benson.

The top 10 was a crapshoot in that draft. Use a different example please.

Agreed, and that's someone that's not high on JA at all. I think only NFO here wanted a guy in that draft that turned out that woulda been worth the pick at the time.

There's a lot more picks I have problems with, just none that high. The main things that bother me is the state of many of the positions on the team after his tenure here.

Ya checking the boxes was tough too ! My bad it's all a crap shoot !! :notworthy

How did you like the first round picks of Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman ???

How's that working for us ???

I am thrilled JA is pissed. He has shown in the past he is not reluctant to fire coaches and cut players when they are not performing. It should be a very interesting off-season. The DB coach left in a hurry. I suspect there will be quite a few changes made between now and the draft. This could be a very interesting time for the members of the forum. I think we are going to have plenty to talk about, speculate on, and yes, disagreements will be plentiful, LOL.

Get out your popcorn! ;)

I am thrilled JA is pissed. He has shown in the past he is not reluctant to fire coaches and cut players when they are not performing. It should be a very interesting off-season. The DB coach left in a hurry. I suspect there will be quite a few changes made between now and the draft. This could be a very interesting time for the members of the forum. I think we are going to have plenty to talk about, speculate on, and yes, disagreements will be plentiful, LOL.

Ya checking the boxes was tough too ! My bad it's all a crap shoot !! :notworthy

How did you like the first round picks of Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman ???

How's that working for us ???

There's some controversy between those picks, and who made them. Juaron had all the personal powers and GM was just a title for Angelo. From what I have read and heard, this caused a big rift between them.

I tend to think Juaron made those picks in the draft, and Angelo didn't really get to make the final picks until 2004. Did Angelo play a big part in the previous drafts? Probably, but it was likely Juaron with the final say. Also, the main reason we didn't sign Saben, who from what I heard was originally JA's no. 1 choice, was because he wanted full GM powers.