My offseason

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Bears trade 1st round pick to Steelers for their 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

Bears trade Mark Anderson to Lions for their 6th round pick.

Bears sign Charlie Batch to a 1 year, $2.5 million deal.

Bears want Hank Baskett, but he's a RFA. Eagles want a 3rd rounder, Bears ponder, but then say f*** it.

Bears let Booker and Lloyd walk.

Bears move Wolfe and Davis permanently to special teams.

1 Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

---physical, good hands, reminds me of Plaxico Burress in terms of size.

2 Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

---huge guy (6'7 350), great pass and run blocker. I was reading some stat that he only gave up 2 QB pressures all year.

3 Fenuki Tupou, RT, Oregon

---did you see this guy against Oklahoma State? What a monster. Now, I'm not sure why but he was playing LT, not RT, last night. Injury to the usual LT? Big guy (6'5 220) and one of the best run blocking RT's coming out this year.

3 Pannel Egboh, DE, Stanford

---6'6 275, just a mammoth player with a high IQ and great motor.

3 David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame

---best player on ND's defense this year, good hitter, great football IQ.

4 Drew Willy, QB, Buffalo

---6'3 220, good arm, good accuracy, could be the steal of the draft here.

5 Tyrell Sutton, RB, Northwestern

---Angelo has given up on Wolfe and this guy is a bigger type Wolfe. I love this pick/idea.

5 Mitch King, DE/DT, Iowa

---this guy is one of the best defensive players in the country. He's a DT in college but he's undersized and might have to be a DE in the pros.

6 Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma

---evidently, Kreutz has lost what made him great. He's constantly on his ass and maybe a pick like this will wake him up. I think Cooper will spend 2-3 years on the PS.

6 Jaison Williams, WR, Oregon

---huge guy (6'4 230) and people question his hands, yet he caught every pass thrown to him last night.

7 Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia

---good player- McKie blows. Period.

I must say, I would hate that offseason. Signing someone like Baskett doesn't make a whole lot sense considering he sucks, Herman Johnson doesn't fit in with our scheme, neither do Egboh or King. The Lions aren't going to trade for Anderson, the only team that might is a 3-4 team. I could see the Steelers moving up in the draft if an OT is available, but not sure if any will be worth it for them. Also, if we did such a trade, Steelers 1st and 2nd are about 12 points off of pick 18, and that'd be the more likely trade.

And this isn't what I want our offseason to be. But JA already said he doesn't think WR's make a good team, so Housh is out and so is Boldin. I would want Goff and he might be a nice pick-up but I doubt JA goes after him.

I must say, I would hate that offseason. Signing someone like Baskett doesn't make a whole lot sense considering he sucks He was hardly used with the Eagles and still had 33 catches. BTW- I said "f*** it" which means we wouldn't make the trade. He's still young, so it's an Angelo move, Herman Johnson doesn't fit in with our scheme It shouldn't be that difficult for Johnson- get out there, and make a f***ing hole. They run a pro style offense at LSU so it shouldn't be too tough on Herman., neither do Egboh or King I'm not sure on Egboh, but I do agree on King. However, with him possibly being a DT or DE, I think making the transition won't be too difficult on him. The Lions aren't going to trade for Anderson, the only team that might is a 3-4 team I didn't mean Detroit specifically, I was just throwing a team in desperate need of a young DE. I could see the Steelers moving up in the draft if an OT is available or an OG, and Robinson will likely be there, but not sure if any will be worth it for them. Also, if we did such a trade, Steelers 1st and 2nd are about 12 points off of pick 18, and that'd be the more likely trade.

Bears trade 1st round pick to Steelers for their 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Fine with me.

Bears trade Mark Anderson to Lions for their 6th round pick. Don't like the idea

Bears sign Charlie Batch to a 1 year, $2.5 million deal. Hate it

Bears want Hank Baskett, but he's a RFA. Eagles want a 3rd rounder, Bears ponder, but then say f*** it. Hate it, except for the fact that I want to see his woman in nothing but a Bears' jersey

Bears let Booker and Lloyd walk. I'm fine with letting Booker go, but I think Lloyd did well this year with his opportunities. He looked like a good WR, with good talent. I'd like to see him stay a year or two.

Bears move Wolfe and Davis permanently to special teams. DESPISE the idea. Wolfe has not been given a shot, and I'm dead-set on the idea that he could be a breakout player if he ever got the shot. Davis? Meh.

1 Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

---physical, good hands, reminds me of Plaxico Burress in terms of size.

2 Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

---huge guy (6'7 350), great pass and run blocker. I was reading some stat that he only gave up 2 QB pressures all year.

3 Fenuki Tupou, RT, Oregon

---did you see this guy against Oklahoma State? What a monster. Now, I'm not sure why but he was playing LT, not RT, last night. Injury to the usual LT? Big guy (6'5 220) and one of the best run blocking RT's coming out this year.

3 Pannel Egboh, DE, Stanford

---6'6 275, just a mammoth player with a high IQ and great motor.

3 David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame

---best player on ND's defense this year, good hitter, great football IQ.

4 Drew Willy, QB, Buffalo

---6'3 220, good arm, good accuracy, could be the steal of the draft here.

5 Tyrell Sutton, RB, Northwestern

---Angelo has given up on Wolfe and this guy is a bigger type Wolfe. I love this pick/idea.

5 Mitch King, DE/DT, Iowa

---this guy is one of the best defensive players in the country. He's a DT in college but he's undersized and might have to be a DE in the pros.

6 Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma

---evidently, Kreutz has lost what made him great. He's constantly on his ass and maybe a pick like this will wake him up. I think Cooper will spend 2-3 years on the PS.

6 Jaison Williams, WR, Oregon

---huge guy (6'4 230) and people question his hands, yet he caught every pass thrown to him last night.

7 Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia

---good player- McKie blows. Period.

As for the Draft, I can't complain too much. I wouldn't like starting off with a WR, but I'm willing to make concessions for such a good draft. However, I'd take Javorskie Lane in the 4th/5th, and the Sutton pick would be gone. Also, I've seen tons of reports on Willy being high and low, so it's possible he could be had much lower than that.

And this isn't what I want our offseason to be. But JA already said he doesn't think WR's make a good team, so Housh is out and so is Boldin. I would want Goff and he might be a nice pick-up but I doubt JA goes after him.

C'mon, you are not new at this. You know you will never get the straight truth out of Angelo from now until next season.

BTW- this is what I think we'll do, not what I want.

C'mon, you are not new at this. You know you will never get the straight truth out of Angelo from now until next season.

I think he learned his lesson signing 32 year old possession WR's with Moose.

As for the Draft, I can't complain too much. I wouldn't like starting off with a WR, but I'm willing to make concessions for such a good draft. However, I'd take Javorskie Lane in the 4th/5th, and the Sutton pick would be gone. Also, I've seen tons of reports on Willy being high and low, so it's possible he could be had much lower than that.

I said we won't budge on Baskett.