Hire Holmgren as QB consultant

AZ54

The Bears have proven over and over they cannot evaluate QB talent. Mike Holmgren has retired here to Arizona but I think the Bears should pay him to be a QB consultant for them in the upcoming draft and/or FA. Holmgren's track record finding QBs. Or if there's anyone else out there with similar credentials get him to help. We shouldn't sit back and keep hoping we make a good decision.

Yes the Bears need to bring in Holmgrem or Shanny to be a QB / offensive consultant. This is to important and the organization has already prooved they are not capable of this responsibility and they have already admitted that QB is their number one focus for improving and stabilizing the team.

Of course I'd love to have either guy running our offense. For now I'm just looking for a guy to help evaluate QB talent because we can't do that very well. I'd gladly pay Shanahan to evaluate the FA QBs, second string QBs (ala the Matt Shaub's out there) and the draft.

I loved me some Flacco. I still think Williams will be a good pick though but the Bears clearly need to address the QB postiion. A nice sleeper is Fresno State's QB. He's got some nice tools and looks like he has the makings of a good pro and I expect him to move up as the combines happen. It's too bad we won't be able to get a shot at Stafford/Bradford (if he ends up going pro).

When I was going through scenario's in my head, I was trying to convince myself that Sanchez would be available for our pick, but I thought he'd likely go in the top 10-15 range if he came out. After his Rose Bowl performance though, and he's gonna tear up the combine/pro day, I think he could potentially be a top 5 pick. Stafford still has no. 1 locked up unless he stumbles in the offseason.

I still don't think Bradford declares even if he does win the BCS. He's still so raw, and while he has possibly the highest ceiling of all the draft elligible QB's, he also has the lowest floor. If he does declare, I think he'd go in the mid-late part of round 1. He has so much potential, but like I said, he's very raw, and plays in a scheme that doesn't come close to resembling an NFL offense. I think with another year, he could be a top 5-10 pick, and really become a much more solid prospect (especially if he can put up big numbers with a lot of the offense missing).

A dark horse is Josh Freeman from Kansas St. Has everything you look for in a QB, but lack of production and questionable football IQ pushes him down. I could see him being a legit possibility at 18 (or 17 if San Diego goes on to the Super Bowl)

I got a feeling Sanchez will be there when the Bears pick and they might think long and hard about going after him. He's had his ups and downs in his collegiate career but has all the tools to be a very good NFL quarterback and he comes from a system that has flat developed good pro QB's (Leinart may not have panned out but you can't deny Cassel/Palmer).

Everyone is clear there isnt a chance in hell this is going to happen right?

Tell me why Mike Holmgren wouldn't accept a job as a draft consultant just evaluating QBs? He still loves the game and this is a low stress way for him to keep in touch with things while still enjoying his retirement.

I am a bit confussed. Why is Holgrem considered a QB guru? He came to the Packers in 1992. Favre came to the Packers in 1992. He did not trade for him. Ron Wolfe did. He might have helped develop him, but Holgrem isn't going to join the staff as a QB coach. So I am not sure what he has done to make him a "draft Consultant" for a QB.

I think we have all agreed Angelo's strength has been defense in the draft. He did hit on Forte. However, he might still be benefited by getting a consultant on evaluating Offensive skill players. I just do not see Holgrem being that man.

Joe Flacco is such a stud.

Yep, I was one wanting Flacco in the 2nd rd last year, I do not think I would have selected him in the 1st, which would have been a mistake in hind sight. He was obviously, again in hind sight, worth a 1st rd selection.

I am a bit confussed. Why is Holgrem considered a QB guru? He came to the Packers in 1992. Favre came to the Packers in 1992. He did not trade for him. Ron Wolfe did. He might have helped develop him, but Holgrem isn't going to join the staff as a QB coach. So I am not sure what he has done to make him a "draft Consultant" for a QB.

I think we have all agreed Angelo's strength has been defense in the draft. He did hit on Forte. However, he might still be benefited by getting a consultant on evaluating Offensive skill players. I just do not see Holgrem being that man.

No we haven't agreed that Angelo's strength is defense. If it were, why have we been ranked 28th and 21st in the league the last 2 years with all the money we're paying these bums? I do agree that Angelo should be FORCED to employ and offensive consultant and I am becoming suspect of his defensive prowess as well. Maybe the REAL answer is launching Angelo first, bring in Holmgren as GM.

No we haven't agreed that Angelo's strength is defense. If it were, why have we been ranked 28th and 21st in the league the last 2 years with all the money we're paying these bums? I do agree that Angelo should be FORCED to employ and offensive consultant and I am becoming suspect of his defensive prowess as well. Maybe the REAL answer is launching Angelo first, bring in Holmgren as GM.

I think Angelo has done a fine job in drafting on the Defensive side of the ball. He has struggled in identifying good prospects on Offense, with only a few exceptions.

The more I watch Joe Flacco, the more I wish we took him with no. 14. I was a huge Flacco fan last year, and I was surprised when he went 18, but now I wish we took him at 14.

Oh well.

That would have been great if we took Flacco to bad the Bears were to scared to draft him. I even wish we traded up to get Ryan Clady!