Taylor Mays

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I'm not sure if you guys saw this hit today by (my boy) Taylor Mays in the Rose Bowl, but sign me up. I understand he was flagged, but that's always called in college as opposed to 60% (IMO) in the NFL. You can bet your ass no WR will be happy about having to go across the middle of the field against this guy, either. Seriously, not because I'm a USC guy, but this guy's potential is one of the best of all time. He is also a fumble forcing machine (had 1 tonight) and he's officially been stopped throwing to on his side so INT's come at a rarity. Honestly, I would think about trading up (trade our 1st, 2nd, and 6th) if I was Angelo (but he won't) to get him, then trading one of our 3rds and a 5th for a 2nd to get that back.

So, here it is.

F***er took his guy and the PSU guy out.

Yes Yes! Sign me up as well. If their is a single player that I want the Bears to draft its Taylor Mays. Wow he is built like an outside linebacker with the speed of a corner.. Hell, probably faster! He is a can't miss guy, and a perfect Bears type of a player. Do whatever it takes to get this kid on the team JA. PLEASE!!

Yes Yes! Sign me up as well. If their is a single player that I want the Bears to draft its Taylor Mays. Wow he is built like an outside linebacker with the speed of a corner.. Hell, probably faster! He is a can't miss guy, and a perfect Bears type of a player. Do whatever it takes to get this kid on the team JA. PLEASE!!

Yes sign me up too, but if we can just get that lock down corner from the Raaiders..I forgot hjs name then we have something

Great hit. KTFO.

What pisses me off about the video is that the stupid announcers are talking about rules and safety and helmet-to-helmet...but it's pretty clear that Taylor Mays leads with his right shoulder. And even if he did get a glancing hit with the helmet, what's he supposed to do, break the laws of physics once the receiver starts to duck his head after the catch? It's almost as if the NFL and college are getting to the point where they want defenders to tackle with the sides of their bodies, like a cross-body block in professional wrestling.

Last but not least, anyone who didn't forsee USC murdering Penn State (USC put it in neutral and coasted the second half) doesn't have a clue about football.

I'll probably get flamed for this but.

I knew the inevitable outcome of this game and yes you'd have to be an idiot not to realize what a huge mismatch this game was. But that being said I for one am a big time USC Hater. I cannot stand that team or it's coach. So I will always root for the team playing them. The guy was going down and in the grasp of the other USC player before Mays left his feet and launched into the player. The reason the flag was throw was the violent way his head snapped to the side. That wasn't the only cheap shot laid but there were others and that is USC's MO they will hit you even if you are down or practically down.

That said I do like his intensity but that kind of intensity does us no good if he draws flags like that. That will be called in the NFL 90% of the time. If he can play intense and play smart then I have no problem bringing him here. We could definitely use an intimidating presence in our defense.

Mays is a freak. He's not only the biggest guy in the backfield, but he's also the fastest most fluid and agile player out there. That being said, he's a top 10 pick and out of our range. I think the instant fix for our D-backfield is moving Tillman to FS, retaining Brown as his mentor and signing or drafting a CB.

It would be nice to have a saftey back there who will be feared by receivers and tight ends for many many years. Unfortanatley a lot of 'experts' have him going 10th to the 49ers. I agree with them. There is no way Singletary misses out on this guy. We just won 'too many' games haha. And we all know Angelo doesnt trade up. He trades down to aqcuire more picks.

name='GreatScott82'

Angelo doesnt trade up. He trades down to aqcuire more picks.

Agreed.

I happen to be a fan of trading down.(to a degree) But, I think last draft was an example of how NOT to do it. We simply had too many late picks to make it effective. I would have much rather had JA trade some of those late picks to move up in the middle rounds.

I'll probably get flamed for this but.

I knew the inevitable outcome of this game and yes you'd have to be an idiot not to realize what a huge mismatch this game was. But that being said I for one am a big time USC Hater. I cannot stand that team or it's coach. So I will always root for the team playing them. The guy was going down and in the grasp of the other USC player before Mays left his feet and launched into the player. The reason the flag was throw was the violent way his head snapped to the side. That wasn't the only cheap shot laid but there were others and that is USC's MO they will hit you even if you are down or practically down.

That said I do like his intensity but that kind of intensity does us no good if he draws flags like that. That will be called in the NFL 90% of the time. If he can play intense and play smart then I have no problem bringing him here. We could definitely use an intimidating presence in our defense.

Yes, you'll get flamed for it. I don't care about USC, but your view of the play is way off. Pause it at the 35 second mark and you'll see that the ball has just hit the WR in the chests, and Taylor Mays already has one foot off the ground. Not to mention the fact that he's flying in at top speed. In fact, Taylor Mays has already begun to launch at the WR before the CB actually touches him in the back.

USC players may take cheap shots, but this sure as hell wasn't one. Your hatred for USC has skewed your perspective. The reason the flag was thrown is that the NFL and college has turned into a sissy environment where any massive hit is going to draw a flag, regardless of whether or not it is within the rules. I don't blame the leagues because they are trying to make money, and injured players don't draw fans. But the flags have gotten ridiculous. Whenever they want to "protect" a player, they'll just come up with words like "defenseless" (i.e. about to get jacked up on a crossing route by a safety coming at full speed) to make it easier for an official to throw a flag.

Yes, you'll get flamed for it. I don't care about USC, but your view of the play is way off. Pause it at the 35 second mark and you'll see that the ball has just hit the WR in the chests, and Taylor Mays already has one foot off the ground. Not to mention the fact that he's flying in at top speed. In fact, Taylor Mays has already begun to launch at the WR before the CB actually touches him in the back.

USC players may take cheap shots, but this sure as hell wasn't one. Your hatred for USC has skewed your perspective. The reason the flag was thrown is that the NFL and college has turned into a sissy environment where any massive hit is going to draw a flag, regardless of whether or not it is within the rules. I don't blame the leagues because they are trying to make money, and injured players don't draw fans. But the flags have gotten ridiculous. Whenever they want to "protect" a player, they'll just come up with words like "defenseless" (i.e. about to get jacked up on a crossing route by a safety coming at full speed) to make it easier for an official to throw a flag.

Agree with you on this Jason. I got to watch the game (only the Rose Bowl and the championship college games are shown here). It was a big time hit, and he did lead with his helmet. And yes, all the sissy penalties have made a violent game into a near-flag football sport. I agree with protecting players, but this is FOOTBALL. Violence is part of it and players are now worried about protecting their wallets and owners want to favor big time Offensive games, so these rules have dilluted the game, IMdO.