Boldin

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I was very impressed with him today. He's a rare guy who's a possession WR but can stretch a simple 8 yard pass into a 40 yard gain. He caught a 15 yard pass today and ended up taking it 65 or so yards for a TD. He's a monster. If this guy is really on the market and Angelo really doesn't want to give up a 1st and a 3rd, they're nuts and so is he.

If I were Angelo, I'd make the trade. Period.

NOT HAPPENING!*&@*$&@*(&@_*@*(_@(*^$(&@#^$&(@^&($^@(^$@&*

PUHHHHHHHHHH-LEASE STOP WITH THESE MADDEN FANTASIES! I SWEAR TO GOD, IF I SEE ONE MORE BOLDIN POST, I AM GOING TO PHYSICALLY HARM MYSELF!

How is this a Madden fantasy? A 1st and a 3rd would probably get the job done plus maybe a 5th or another player. If the GM doesn't pay him, they'd be nuts to just let him go through FA in 2010.

PUHHHHHHHHHH-LEASE STOP WITH THESE MADDEN FANTASIES! I SWEAR TO GOD, IF I SEE ONE MORE BOLDIN POST, I AM GOING TO PHYSICALLY HARM MYSELF!

Arizona isn't giving him a new contract, therefore he will be available. This is not a fantasy. It's all about JA pulling the right strings and getting the deal done. He would mean alot to this team.

Boldin is almost sure to be traded, Arizona cannot afford to pay him what he wants, he deserves much more, and Arizona also has a very good replacement in Steve Breaston. He may not go to the Bears, but he will probably be traded. It isnt a Madden Fantasy at all

That's what everyone said about Briggs. Same situation.

Not at all, Briggs was a UFA, Boldin is still a RFA. Plus, Briggs most likely would not have been re-signed if the Bears were able to make a deal with Berrian. Arizona cannot afford to pay their two wide recievers #1 money, and both of those guys could totally be #1's

Not at all, Briggs was a UFA, Boldin is still a RFA. Plus, Briggs most likely would not have been re-signed if the Bears were able to make a deal with Berrian. Arizona cannot afford to pay their two wide recievers #1 money, and both of those guys could totally be #1's

It started when Briggs was a RFA as well. Now, compare Fitz to Url when you talk about investing too much in one positiion. IE: paying #1's. I can't find a difference. I also recall how we all conjured up deals to try to get compensation for Briggs. We, as in this board, started lowering our standards of what we would take for Briggs in trade. Then we lamented when we franchised him, thinking we were going to lose him and get nothing. Good thing JA knew what he was doing.

FYI - JA could have swung the deal for Berrian as well. It would have taken some restructuring of other deals that would have taken him out of great cap shape. Not saying he should have, but he could've.

Please convince me of a difference, otherwise I don't understand your point.

People, Boldin isn't a UFA, RFA, or anything. He's simply signed through 2010 with the Arizona Cardinals. You think they will eat the rest of the money they owe him over the next two years, and lose a great receiver, for some draft picks? You gotta be kidding me. He's going to spend at least one more season with Arizona. Now, eventually Arizona might not be able to afford him, but as long as he's under contract with them, he's gonna play for them.

It started when Briggs was a RFA as well. Now, compare Fitz to Url when you talk about investing too much in one positiion. IE: paying #1's. I can't find a difference. I also recall how we all conjured up deals to try to get compensation for Briggs. We, as in this board, started lowering our standards of what we would take for Briggs in trade. Then we lamented when we franchised him, thinking we were going to lose him and get nothing. Good thing JA knew what he was doing.

FYI - JA could have swung the deal for Berrian as well. It would have taken some restructuring of other deals that would have taken him out of great cap shape. Not saying he should have, but he could've.

Please convince me of a difference, otherwise I don't understand your point.

Ok, find me the player that is going to leave the Cardinals to free up the money to re-sign Anquan Boldin for the money he is worth(which is his problem, his current contract is deemed by him and rosenhaus to be insufficient for a player of his caliber. Which, is right on point), then I will tell you that your point makes complete sense.

FYI, The Bears chose not to match the Deal for Berrian because it didnt make financial sense considering the players that were left to sign at the time and where the bears allocate money(ie. defense). Berrian wasnt worth the number one money to the Bears, and that is understandable.

The Cardinals arent exactly the Cowboys in the sense of spending money all over the place. They arent in any position to be paying 2 wide recievers to be in the top 3 (money-wise) in the NFL. I could care less how this board conjured up deals and lowered thier standards, this board has not one bit of impact on the NFL and the way they do business.

Ok, find me the player that is going to leave the Cardinals to free up the money to re-sign Anquan Boldin for the money he is worth(which is his problem, his current contract is deemed by him and rosenhaus to be insufficient for a player of his caliber. Which, is right on point), then I will tell you that your point makes complete sense.

FYI, The Bears chose not to match the Deal for Berrian because it didnt make financial sense considering the players that were left to sign at the time and where the bears allocate money(ie. defense). Berrian wasnt worth the number one money to the Bears, and that is understandable.

The Cardinals arent exactly the Cowboys in the sense of spending money all over the place. They arent in any position to be paying 2 wide recievers to be in the top 3 (money-wise) in the NFL. I could care less how this board conjured up deals and lowered thier standards, this board has not one bit of impact on the NFL and the way they do business.

First off, I'm sure LT would tell you that if we really wanted to find money to pay Boldin, we could make it happen. That being said, it would really hurt our ability to make other moves. When you throw in that we'd probably need to give up a first and 3rd round pick . . . that's just irresponsible. Especially when we have needs at safety, DE, o-line, and QB.

Either way, I agree with you, it ain't going to happen. That being said, why does everyone assume the Cardinals won't pay both? They've got that new stadium and this is the first time the Cardinals have made the playoffs since they were in Chicago or something like that.

Washington & Dallas have proven you can always find a way to pay a guy if you really want to.

IF Arizona were to trade Boldin this offseason, which is unlikely considering his contract status, it wouldnt be to the Bears. The Cardinals would want draft picks, not players like Vasher and Urlacher. Philly and Washington would offer more than we would plain and simple. JA is gay over draft picks and isnt the type of GM to give up 2 or more first day picks for anyone. Now think about Dan Snyder, he might be willing to give up a whole draft for Boldin, and the Eagles have already been trying and Im sure will continue to pursue a true number one WR as well.

Before the season started Arizona stated they were going to redo Boldin's contract this year. I believe they will make an effort to do that. The bigger problem is that they gave Fitzgerald $10 mil and if Boldin wants that and holds out for it he won't get it. I can see him getting $7-8/yr. If they can't get a deal done then I believe they'll try to work out a trade for him. However, given that they'll try to rework the contract I wouldn't be surprised if that trade happens well after the draft so instead of thinking about 2009 picks it's more likely we'd be trading 2010 picks. If we've picked up good players to fill our voids at S, Oline, DE through either draft or FA this offseason then we might get in the hunt.

The Bears might be looking at the possibility of moving up to grab one of Florida's WR's in the 2nd round. Percy Harvin is a legit WR who would got a lot higher had he not been banged up and would be a stellar pickup. I'd assume both him and Maclin will be there when the Bears pick in the 1st but I don't know if they'd grab a WR that early (especially if Georgia Tech's DE is available as he's a very very good athlete that would look well in Lovie's system at the DE position).

Michael Johnson won't be a first round pick and will do nothing in the NFL. He's a freak from a physical stand point, but he isn't a football player. Simply, he's soft.

As for Harvin, we don't need any more speedy deep threat receivers, considering our QB can't throw past 20 yards. We need someone who can cross the middle and be a solid receiver for us.

I would rather TJ hooseyourmomma anyway. he is younger amd much more injurie free. Bolding of late has had issues with Nagging problems. I feel TJ is more of a Possible thing happening. But If the TAG is put on him its all going away anyway.

Are you high? Go to NFL.com, and such both players. Maybe you'd like to reconsider this post.

Also, injury is spelled with a "y", not an "ie". Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but wow.

Michael Johnson won't be a first round pick and will do nothing in the NFL. He's a freak from a physical stand point, but he isn't a football player. Simply, he's soft.

As for Harvin, we don't need any more speedy deep threat receivers, considering our QB can't throw past 20 yards. We need someone who can cross the middle and be a solid receiver for us.

I agree with you that the Bears need a physical WR who can make plays in the slot as that fits Orton's strong suit plus fills a serious need in our WR corps. I'd love to have Booker in his prime as that would be a really good compliment to Bennet/Hester's skill-set (I'm not giving up on Bennett just yet). I just don't know who that guy is. I still believe the best move for the Bears would be to trade for Chad Johnson. He's coming off his worse career season and is clearly at odds with Cinncy management and could be had at a fair price, imo, and i believe he still has a good amount of football left.