The Miami Dolphins offense

Bears4Ever_34

This is a very creative offense. They bring out just about every formation, the wishbone, the wildcat etc.. Their unique running style makes Chad Pennington look like a Pro Bowler when he's really just like Kyle Orton if you think about it. I wish the Bears would develop a clever offense like this, that keeps the defense on their toes. Bring that OC over here :)

This is a very creative offense. They bring out just about every formation, the wishbone, the wildcat etc.. Their unique running style makes Chad Pennington look like a Pro Bowler when he's really just like Kyle Orton if you think about it. I wish the Bears would develop a clever offense like this, that keeps the defense on their toes. Bring that OC over here :)

Chad Pennington is head and shoulders above Kyle Orton simply because he doesnt make mistakes. They have the same arm strength, but thats the only similarities in their game.

Chad Pennington is head and shoulders above Kyle Orton simply because he doesnt make mistakes. They have the same arm strength, but thats the only similarities in their game.

Which is what I see Orton becoming. Their games are very similar because neither are great deep ball throwers and they rely on the short-intermediate passing game. Kyle just hasn't learned how to do it as effective as Pennington.

Same arm strengh? What??? Chad Pennington has quite possibly the weakest arm of any QB in the NFL. Orton has a strong arm, but beyond 20 yards, no accuracy or touch.

Pennington and Orton have pretty much NOTHING in common, except they're both white, are right handed, and play QB in the NFL.

Same arm strengh? What??? Chad Pennington has quite possibly the weakest arm of any QB in the NFL. Orton has a strong arm, but beyond 20 yards, no accuracy or touch.

Pennington and Orton have pretty much NOTHING in common, except they're both white, are right handed, and play QB in the NFL.

Well I beg to differ. I think they are very similar ;)

Ok let me rephrase it, they have the same ability to not stretch the field.

Pennington just threw a beautiful strike to Ed Reed for a Raven touchdown !

Ok let me rephrase it, they have the same ability to not stretch the field.

Okay, I can live with that.

Also, Ed Reed is a stud.

And while we are talking about this game, Cam Cameron is a great OC. The Ravens basically have my dream scenario from last year of having Joe Flacco at QB and Cam Cameron as OC and QB coach.

Look at Suggs. I wonder if putting him in a Bears jersey next year magically takes away his ability to get sacks.

depends on if Marinelli still remember how to coach a DLine.

However, how sweet of a sight would this be:

tsizzleti2.th.png

Went with 99 since 55 is already taken, and since he'd be primarily DE with us, 99 makes sense, keep the double number. His college number is 48, so I guess maybe 58, 98, and 96 are possibilities.

Would you rather have Suggs or Peppers? I can't remember, is Peppers even a FA this year?

Peppers is a FA, but the odds of him not being a Panther for the 2009-2010 season are about the same as lightning striking me twice.

The Panthers are going to do everything in their power to keep Peppers, even if it means them losing Gross.

I wanted Suggs @ #4 in the 2003 draft.

Jerry decided to trade the pick for Michael Haynes & Grossman.

IMO chances are slim and known that JA even attempts to sign Suggs during the off season.

I doubt JA has any interest in Peppers either but I hope I'm wrong.

tsizzleti2.th.png

Went with 99 since 55 is already taken, and since he'd be primarily DE with us, 99 makes sense, keep the double number. His college number is 48, so I guess maybe 58, 98, and 96 are possibilities.

It look alot better if the Bears actually brought their jerseys into this decade. When are they ever going to go away from the same old ugly crap that is their jerseys?

Thats tough for me, I love them both. From what Ive seen Peppers is a FA. I know Suggs is younger but Peppers is a true DE whereas Suggs is a 3-4 olb. Id be happy with either though.

Suggs is a "3-4 OLB", but he played DE in college, played DE when the Ravens switched to a 4-3 for a year, and plays a lot of DE from them this year on passing downs (mainly because his coverage lacks compared to his pass rush ability).

It is an interesting offense but it's also a bit of a gimmick. I wouldn't call it a good offense in any sense of the imagination but it is innovative and Sporano has done an exceptional job with a lack of offensive talent (albeit Brown/Williams are very talented and Pennington is a very smart/heady QB). I wouldn't compare Orton and Pennington either. Pennington is a first round QB who has been nothing but sucessful throughout his career when he's healthy.

I'd agree with you that Orton has a strong arm, the problem is he really has a long delivery on the deep ball and having that long delivery causes a lot of hitches and kinks which lead for him to be very innaccurate down the field. Orton's best suited for a west coast offense with lots of quick passes and a multitude of receivers that can get open in crossing lanes and make catches (not exactly the Bears strong suit).

Okay, I can live with that.

Also, Ed Reed is a stud.

And while we are talking about this game, Cam Cameron is a great OC. The Ravens basically have my dream scenario from last year of having Joe Flacco at QB and Cam Cameron as OC and QB coach.

We were both on the same page when it came to Flacco and Cameron. When Cameron became available I thought for sure the Bears would make the upgrade. Instead they stuck with it and Turner wasn't bad by any sense of the imagination (especially given what he has to work with) but Cameron is an elite OC and he's proven that during his NFL career.

It look alot better if the Bears actually brought their jerseys into this decade. When are they ever going to go away from the same old ugly crap that is their jerseys?

??????????????? The Bears jerseys are some of the best in the NFL. You dont mess with that kind of stuff in Chicago. Now the Vikings/Bengals/Seahawks is a different story

It is an interesting offense but it's also a bit of a gimmick. I wouldn't call it a good offense in any sense of the imagination but it is innovative and Sporano has done an exceptional job with a lack of offensive talent (albeit Brown/Williams are very talented and Pennington is a very smart/heady QB). I wouldn't compare Orton and Pennington either. Pennington is a first round QB who has been nothing but sucessful throughout his career when he's healthy.

Its only not a great offense because of their lack of talent but that's what the Bears were looking at this year where their only real option was Matt Forte.

??????????????? The Bears jerseys are some of the best in the NFL. You dont mess with that kind of stuff in Chicago. Now the Vikings/Bengals/Seahawks is a different story

I love everything about the Seahawks- their city, their loud fans, their colors, and their jerseys. The Bengals jerseys are ugly but the Vikings are hideous.

But I agree- the Bears, Steelers, and Chargers have the best jerseys in football.

tsizzleti2.th.png

Alex Brown?

Are you for real? Their terrible.. Not quite as bad as the Browns but I hate the notion of "Well it's tradition you gotta stick with it" I've always said, the Fighting Illini had the same style of jerseys for the longest time and they're just as much of a "tradition" as the Bears yet they made a change a couple of years ago that made them one of the more attractive jerseys in college football. Why can't the Bears make some sort of change? I'm not asking for an overhaul.