Available Free Agent Tackles

GakMan23

http://profootball.scout.com/2/816325.html

Here's a link to the available free agent tackles. If we can get a good RT in FA we can focus on a good OG in the draft within the first 3 rounds, hopefully resign St Clair to play the other Guard and have the makings for a good OLINE.

That is what I have been saying for a while. Ideally, I would have liked to get a stud OG to play alongside Williams, but there just isn't one if FA that I have seen. There is however a solid list of OTs to choose from. IMHO, we should be able to get a solid RT in FA to replace Tait, which is a priority in my book. Then, as you said, we can get a solid/great OG in the draft. Can you say Duke? More and more, I think we stand a very good chance to re-sign St. Clair, and I would start him at LG w/ a wide open competion at RG, hoping a rookie would start, but also looking at maybe Buenning. Beekman go back to being depth, and Kreutz' eventual replacement.

Williams - St. Clair - Kreutz - Duke/Buenning/other rookie - FA OT

IMHO, doing this would upgrade the OL immediately, as well as set us up for the future.

Count me in on that line of thinking!

That is what I have been saying for a while. Ideally, I would have liked to get a stud OG to play alongside Williams, but there just isn't one if FA that I have seen. There is however a solid list of OTs to choose from. IMHO, we should be able to get a solid RT in FA to replace Tait, which is a priority in my book. Then, as you said, we can get a solid/great OG in the draft. Can you say Duke? More and more, I think we stand a very good chance to re-sign St. Clair, and I would start him at LG w/ a wide open competion at RG, hoping a rookie would start, but also looking at maybe Buenning. Beekman go back to being depth, and Kreutz' eventual replacement.

IMHO, doing this would upgrade the OL immediately, as well as set us up for the future.

Im beginning to think Duke might not be available when we pick in the draft. I definitely am on board with improving the OL though. Im still pissed we didnt even attempt to sign Faneca. Also, as far as Im concerned we have no hands down starters at OT. Im not going to give Williams the benefit of the doubt at such a crucial position. I think we need a lot of new bodies at OL in free agency and draft.

Im beginning to think Duke might not be available when we pick in the draft. I definitely am on board with improving the OL though. Im still pissed we didnt even attempt to sign Faneca. Also, as far as Im concerned we have no hands down starters at OT. Im not going to give Williams the benefit of the doubt at such a crucial position. I think we need a lot of new bodies at OL in free agency and draft.

Why, because he had a terrible game in the national championship? If anything, his stock took a hit. However, he's still like to go in that 20-40 range.

I'm confused. When you said Duke wouldn't be around for us, did you mean he'd go before 18, or his stock would fall where he would not be worth 18?

I dont think he will be around for us, possibly, not for sure. I dont think its too unlikely for him to go earlier. He is a top OL prospect from a large program. Despite what happened last night he is still considered top 1 or 2 OG and top 5 OL overall.

Great post NFO, completely agree with your line of thinking, however, I don't mind using a 2nd rounder pick on the guard and using the 1st round pick on a skilled position (either QB/WR/DE). Plus I Think you can typically find good, all pro type of guards in the 2nd or 3rd rounds easier than you can find QB's/WR's.