Pieces of the puzzle

ASHKUM BEAR

Below are players that could be around our slot by looking at a Walterfootball.com mock. I did a quick 3 rounds and ranked them in order I like.

Round One: Bears Big 10 (In order I think Bears should have them)

Duke Robinson G Oklahoma 6-5 330

Pros: Huge body that he used very well blocking. All Pro prospect

Cons: Guard is position that rarely see's RD1, Robinson proj around 25th

William Moore S Missouri 6-1 227

Pros: Leader for Mizou's D, can play either S position, great hitter, football IQ, ability to create turnovers.

Cons: Probably more suited to play the box which we seem to be loaded w/ right now

Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri 6-1 199

Pros: Very quick/athletic, return capability, compared to be better than Ted Ginn Jr.

Cons: Similiar to Devin Hester in abilities, but is actually a real WR. Bears need a bigger/stronger WR to be able to block/out muscle DB's/

Michael Johnson DE Geogia Tech 6-7 257

Pros: Athletic pass rusher, has nice height to deflect passes. good character.

Cons: Been rumored to give up, not go all out.

Ciron Black OT LSU 6-5 315

Pros: Started all 39 games of his college career at LT since a freshman

Cons: Bears have Chris Williams and Black may not make a good RT

Vontae Davis CB Illinois 6-0 200

Pros: Physical CB at line that rarely gets beat deep. Has speed to recover. Great size

Cons: Movtivation needs to improve, run D needs work, improve on his ball skills to intercept more passes

James Laurinatis ILB Ohio St 6-3 243

Pros: Great size/speed. Has great mobility and can play the pass. Would be a nice replacement for Urlacher

Cons: We have Urlacher under contract and cannot afford to add 1st Rd talent to that unit

Rey Maualuga ILB USC 6-3 260

Pros: He has great size/speed combo and is a leader and playmaker.

Cons: His mobility may not translate well for the Cover-2 and we have a lot of money tied up at LB's already

Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia 5-11 207

Pros: Great vision, moves, hands. Would be top 10 if most teams weren't already set w/ #1 RB's.

Cons: Bears have RB of future in Forte.

Eben Britton OT Arizona 6-6 310

Pros: Showed he can play both RT and LT effectively

Cons: ranked in RD1 b/c some team will take him for his ability to play LT. Bears need a RT.

Round Two: Bears Big 11

Phil Loadholdt OT Oklahoma

Kenny Britt WR Rutgers

Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisonsin

Larry English DE Northern IL

Herman Johnson G LSU

Sam Young OT Notre Dame

Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon

Emanuel Cook SS S. Carolina

Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.

Tyson Jackson DE LSU

C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

Round Three: Bears Big 7

Juanquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma

Trevor Canfield G Cincinatti

Antony Parker G Tennessee

Louis Murphy WR Florida

Rhett Bomar QB Sam Houston St.

Mark Parson CB Ohio

Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose St.

With the list composed from Walterfootball.com. If I were JA and I had my choice off those available, I would go:

1-18 Duke Robinson G - good chance he's an All-Pro

2-50 Phil Loadholdt RT - He may need some work before he's ready, but w/ his size, we should be able to convert any 3rd/1

3-82 Louis Murphy WR - great size/speed 6-3 204, if he does run a 4.33 40, he'll jump up to high 2nd RD

Hypothetically, let's assume one of either Bradford or Stafford fall to the Bears. Not unreasonable at all, a number of the teams ahead of the Bears have drafted QB's or signed QB's recently, and the 2nd or 3rd QB in a draft has a habit of making a stunning drop in the draft in recent years.

Do you go for the QB?

I think I do.

Stafford isn't gonna fall to the Bears, but Bradford or Sanchez might. If that happens, I see us taking the QB. Hell, I could see us even reaching for Josh Freeman.

A dark horse for the first round would be B.J. Raji, NT from Boston College. He'd be a perfect player at NT for us.

I realize you said hypothetically, but I just don't see it happening. IMHO, the only way it could happen is if something seriously wrong, like an injury, was found in the QBs. You say other teams have drafted or signed QBs recently, and that may be true for some, but there are still too many teams desperate for a QB ahead of us. And don't forget, this is a copy cat league, and after watching what Matt Ryan did for Atlanta, I think teams are going to be as high as ever on finding the next Matt Ryan.

Teams in front of us I think would be a good bet to draft QB.

Det - Obvious reasons.

StL - They may have recently signed Bulger, but they also benched him this year, and in trouble at QB.

KC - While they may be happy w/ Brodie, that is far from certain.

Seattle - After watching their season tank when Hasselback went down, combined w/ Hassel's age and mileage, I can see them looking hard at QB.

SF - They got by w/ Hill, but I can't see them viewing him as long term.

Wash - They didn't seem happy w/ their QB play this year, and in fact, seemed to dumb down the offense for their QB.

Honestly, I can't see either making it out of the top 5. If that happens, not only would I consider taking one, I would move up to get him.

Hypothetically, let's assume one of either Bradford or Stafford fall to the Bears. Not unreasonable at all, a number of the teams ahead of the Bears have drafted QB's or signed QB's recently, and the 2nd or 3rd QB in a draft has a habit of making a stunning drop in the draft in recent years.

Do you go for the QB?

I think I do.

i that senario, i would go

rd 1 Maclin

rd 2 Loadholdt

rd 3 Canfield

we need to address WR early and we can sure up the OLine in rd 2 and 3

I really like these picks, and that would definately be my next choice. As much as I like/want Maclin, I still feel Hester will progress and become a better WR. That's why I prefer Duke, who we'd be over reaching a little at 18, but he'd be worth it.

How 'bout this: (26mil cap approx available)

Sign TJ Housh day 1 of FA (8mil) , also sign S from STL Akogwbe(?) (5mil), T. Suggs DE (8mil), QB D Carr (4mil), {cuts-only if they save some- Tait, Ogun, Metcalf,Garza,Booker}

Draft: D Robinson 1, Loadholdt 2, Canfield 3

I realize you said hypothetically, but I just don't see it happening. IMHO, the only way it could happen is if something seriously wrong, like an injury, was found in the QBs. You say other teams have drafted or signed QBs recently, and that may be true for some, but there are still too many teams desperate for a QB ahead of us. And don't forget, this is a copy cat league, and after watching what Matt Ryan did for Atlanta, I think teams are going to be as high as ever on finding the next Matt Ryan.

Teams in front of us I think would be a good bet to draft QB.

Det - Obvious reasons.

StL - They may have recently signed Bulger, but they also benched him this year, and in trouble at QB.

KC - While they may be happy w/ Brodie, that is far from certain.

Seattle - After watching their season tank when Hasselback went down, combined w/ Hassel's age and mileage, I can see them looking hard at QB.

SF - They got by w/ Hill, but I can't see them viewing him as long term.

Wash - They didn't seem happy w/ their QB play this year, and in fact, seemed to dumb down the offense for their QB.

Honestly, I can't see either making it out of the top 5. If that happens, not only would I consider taking one, I would move up to get him.

Detroit, Seattle, San Francisco, and the Jets are the only teams that pick before us that I think might be willing to spend a 1st round pick on a QB.

St. Louis has Bulger and they have much bigger needs right now, and they are paying him just way too much money to plan on spending top 5 money on another QB. Andre Smith is the likely choice, IMO.

Kansas City is bringing in a new GM and coaching staff, so it is a really legit possibility, but I think in the end, whoever is running KC will give Thigpen another year. He played great with such crappy play around him.

No way Washington brings in a first round QB. They still love Campbell and he had his best season as a pro. Give him some more help on the OLine (sacked 38 times), and he can improve more. Also, they are very high on Colt Brennan.

Detroit and Seattle have to go with QB, no matter what their fans think.

San Francisco probably will go defence, and the Jets are 50/50 in my opinion. Jets are bringing in an all new staff, so it will be tough to tell if they plan on trying to win now or go with a mini rebuilding with a new QB. I highly doubt Favre returns.

If all of Stafford, Bradford, and Sanchez all declare, I think there's a legit chance of one of Bradford or Sanchez falling to us.