Word is....

Connorbear

And you think adding Marinelli as our DL coach constitutes "significant" change? Sorry, but adding yet another Lovie BFF who doesn't know crap other than cover two doesn't sound like change to me. It sounds like more of the same.

Maybe Marinelli can improve the play of our DL, maybe, but I would not call his addition significant change.

That is good. I'll be utterly pissed if we don't get him and make zero significant changes to our defense. I'm still pissed we are stuck with Babich and Lovie to be completely honest, especially when there are guys like Cowher/Shanny out there.

And you think adding Marinelli as our DL coach constitutes "significant" change? Sorry, but adding yet another Lovie BFF who doesn't know crap other than cover two doesn't sound like change to me. It sounds like more of the same.

Maybe Marinelli can improve the play of our DL, maybe, but I would not call his addition significant change.

Would you rather add another college coach with very little to no NFL experience to be our d-line coach? At least Marinelli & his son-in-law, who is likely to be hired as the LB's coach if Marinelli comes, has NFL experience. Yes it's not change, but it in an upgrade over what we've had.

Would you rather add another college coach with very little to no NFL experience to be our d-line coach? At least Marinelli & his son-in-law, who is likely to be hired as the LB's coach if Marinelli comes, has NFL experience. Yes it's not change, but it in an upgrade over what we've had.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Peace :dabears

Both Marinelli and Barry have had a lot of success outside of Detroit. If you want to hold what they did in Detroit over their heads, fine, but you're wrong. It's impossible for any team to succeed when there is such a horrible front office and owner running that team. The coaches get a little of the blame, but the majority easily goes to the FO.

Maybe our D won't improve and still suck next year. But that doesn't mean Marinelli and Barry were wrong coaches for the job. Think about it, Lovie is the HC. Why would he bring in people with very different backgrounds scheme wise as assistant HC's? It makes PERFECT sense to bring in people like Marinelli and Barry who have had intensive backgrounds in the Cover 2 as you're assistant coaches. If every coach is working on the same page, the chances of success are much higher. You think it makes sense to bring in a DL and LB coach from a Jim Johnson/Steve Spagnuolo type of scheme? No it doesn't, because they'll have different views of what type of D should be ran and only cause a split in the coaching staff. You need cohesiveness.

Like I said, maybe our D will suck again next year, but it won't be because of Marinelli and Barry. They only make the chances of success greater. Think about it... Marinelli >>>>>>>> Haley, it really isn't even close. And Barry >>> Lee.

I don't know if they will be hired, but I can only hope so because if we want to succeed next year, we need experienced coaches like them.

Both Marinelli and Barry have had a lot of success outside of Detroit. If you want to hold what they did in Detroit over their heads, fine, but you're wrong. It's impossible for any team to succeed when there is such a horrible front office and owner running that team. The coaches get a little of the blame, but the majority easily goes to the FO.

Maybe our D won't improve and still suck next year. But that doesn't mean Marinelli and Barry were wrong coaches for the job. Think about it, Lovie is the HC. Why would he bring in people with very different backgrounds scheme wise as assistant HC's? It makes PERFECT sense to bring in people like Marinelli and Barry who have had intensive backgrounds in the Cover 2 as you're assistant coaches. If every coach is working on the same page, the chances of success are much higher. You think it makes sense to bring in a DL and LB coach from a Jim Johnson/Steve Spagnuolo type of scheme? No it doesn't, because they'll have different views of what type of D should be ran and only cause a split in the coaching staff. You need cohesiveness.

Like I said, maybe our D will suck again next year, but it won't be because of Marinelli and Barry. They only make the chances of success greater. Think about it... Marinelli >>>>>>>> Haley, it really isn't even close. And Barry >>> Lee.

I don't know if they will be hired, but I can only hope so because if we want to succeed next year, we need experienced coaches like them.

I agree also.

We have to accept the fact that the Cover 2 is our defense as long as Lovie is our HC.

The Cover 2 can be a very effective system. We did very well in using this system for several years.

It's success is critically dependant on the play of our defensive line. Marinelli is considered one of the top defensive line coaches in the league. I would be thrilled to have him work with our guys.

I would prefer them hire him as our DC and fire Babich.

Agreed here. I can only hope he provides the vehicle to get more QB pressure. If we don't get him, we REALLY need to look outside the Tampa 2 world for a guy whose been around the block a few times. That's what made Rivera so valuable to this scheme, he had experience in the other defenses like the 4-3, 3-4 and 46 so he could find ways to tweak the scheme. I just got a bad feeling that we're gonna see a repeat of this year and nothing will change. Of course, then hopefully that means Lubbie the Loser and his crew is gone and his buddy Angelo has gone with him.

Agreed here. I can only hope he provides the vehicle to get more QB pressure. If we don't get him, we REALLY need to look outside the Tampa 2 world for a guy whose been around the block a few times. That's what made Rivera so valuable to this scheme, he had experience in the other defenses like the 4-3, 3-4 and 46 so he could find ways to tweak the scheme. I just got a bad feeling that we're gonna see a repeat of this year and nothing will change. Of course, then hopefully that means Lubbie the Loser and his crew is gone and his buddy Angelo has gone with him.

Lovie IS Tampa 2, so you just forget ever changing the scheme as long as Lovie is the coach. And yeah, Marinelli and his son-in-law had a crap D in Detroit. What's new? Detroit would only get better if GOD himself werethe coach, and then it would take a lifetime to get them up to speed.

So I'm in favor of bringing in Marinelli-he did a great job at Tampa with the DL. We've got the pieces to have a great DL (need another DE, though) and Marinellli can get it on track, IMdO. So count me in favor of bringing him in.

Look, if we don't get him, who, then, are you suggesting we get?