Wow, Jake D Looking like a Bear QB.....

Pixote

Personally, I think Delhomme is over-rated. Having Steve Smith is a QBs dream. He would make most QBs look good.

Peace :dabears

It's hard to ignore the difference Jake D made though. He was hurt most of last year and the Panthers had a down year, comes back and bam they are a playoff team and a pretty good one. He just had a bad game. I'd never call Jake a great QB but he's rock solid and far better than what the Bears have had over the years. Jake has had far better weapons to work with too though.

Jake D is sure looking fine tonight. Reminds me of many a QB we have had over the past 10 years, LOL.

I saw at least two of his picks headed in Mooses's direction. There were several times Moose appeared to be running the wrong route, or had the ball go through his hands. It's good to see Moose returning to "Bear form."

Yeah, I said it at the beginning of the year. The most overrated player in football.. He runs his mouth better than he plays quarterback.

Not even close. Last years results compared with this years results are a pretty good indicator of what he means to that team. That doesnt mean he is elite or HOF, but definitely not the most overrated player in football

Not even close. Last years results compared with this years results are a pretty good indicator of what he means to that team. That doesnt mean he is elite or HOF, but definitely not the most overrated player in football

LOL, do you honestly think the difference between the 07 Panthers and 08 Panthers is Jake Delhomme? HAHAHA. The difference was Julius Peppers and an overall better defense, Steve Smith, and arguably the best rushing attack in football. Delhomme didn't hurt them, but his play did not transform Carolina into the 2nd best team in the NFC (during the regular season).

Delhomme is actually a pretty terrible QB at his age right now, and he is one of the biggest douches in all football. It was only a matter of time until he came back down to earth, and oh boy, did he ever.

Carolina would be smart to fire Fox and cut Delhomme, cause after last night, Carolina's FO should realize that they that duo isn't going to lead them to the Superbowl and win it. It's one thing if you get beat, but getting completely destroyed, looking completely unprepared, and just overall laying a big fat egg is a whole different thing.

LOL, do you honestly think the difference between the 07 Panthers and 08 Panthers is Jake Delhomme? HAHAHA. The difference was Julius Peppers and an overall better defense, Steve Smith, and arguably the best rushing attack in football. Delhomme didn't hurt them, but his play did not transform Carolina into the 2nd best team in the NFC (during the regular season).

Delhomme is actually a pretty terrible QB at his age right now, and he is one of the biggest douches in all football. It was only a matter of time until he came back down to earth, and oh boy, did he ever.

Carolina would be smart to fire Fox and cut Delhomme, cause after last night, Carolina's FO should realize that they that duo isn't going to lead them to the Superbowl and win it. It's one thing if you get beat, but getting completely destroyed, looking completely unprepared, and just overall laying a big fat egg is a whole different thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The defense is largely the same as it was last year, when Delhomme went down, the team went in the tank. Smith was still there, he just didnt have anyone to get him the ball.

Like I said, he isnt HOF or elite, but he got the job done and the team got a first round bye. And I am not going to say he is the most overrated player in football because he is a douche, it doesnt have anything to do with it.

And he doesnt seem pretty terrible, just pretty mediocre.

15 TDs, 12 INTs, 3288 yards, 84.7 rating, 59.6 completion percentage, 12-4 record.

Jake Delhommo is the most overrated player in football. BearSox explains why..

thanks for the brainwork. I didnt buy his explanation either, so it makes sense that you would back it up.

Plus, Bearsox didnt agree with you, he disagreed with me saying that Delhomme was a reason why the Panthers are better this year. Silly me thinking that the quarterback would be a reason why a team would get better.

Care to expand on your own opinion? Or are you just going to throw shit at the wall?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The defense is largely the same as it was last year, when Delhomme went down, the team went in the tank. Smith was still there, he just didnt have anyone to get him the ball.

Like I said, he isnt HOF or elite, but he got the job done and the team got a first round bye. And I am not going to say he is the most overrated player in football because he is a douche, it doesnt have anything to do with it.

And he doesnt seem pretty terrible, just pretty mediocre.

15 TDs, 12 INTs, 3288 yards, 84.7 rating, 59.6 completion percentage, 12-4 record.

Well, the basic stats for the Panthers D do look similar over the past two season, that doesn't mean they were similar. This year they were able to get a lot more pressure on the QB (Julius Peppers), and they were able to do the little things much better.

Delhomme is not the difference for the Panthers and you're plain wrong if you think he is.

Well, the basic stats for the Panthers D do look similar over the past two season, that doesn't mean they were similar. This year they were able to get a lot more pressure on the QB (Julius Peppers), and they were able to do the little things much better.

Delhomme is not the difference for the Panthers and you're plain wrong if you think he is.

Your opinion. And your inflated ego plus your opinion.

And my point still is, he isnt THE most overrated player in the league, regardless of what you think of him as a person

They look similar but they are not similar. Thank you

Your opinion. And your inflated ego plus your opinion.

And my point still is, he isnt THE most overrated player in the league, regardless of what you think of him as a person

They look similar but they are not similar. Thank you

Did I ever stated he was the most overrated player in the league? He is bad-mediocre, but I can think of several players who are more overrated. He is overrated though at this point in his career, and is no longer a good player like used to be... Back on subject though:

So, why don't you give me some reasons as to why he is the reason for Carolina's turn around... I'm sure he was rushing for 20 TD's, opening up big holes, protecting his blind side, and sacking the QB all the time the whole season, cause you know that were the main differences between the 07 and 08 panthers. Oh wait, it was Williams and Stewart providing one of the best RB duo's in the league and running over everyone, it was Gross, Otah, and their Oline opening up big holes and protecting Delhomme, and it was Julius Peppers sacking the QB.

The reason they sucked last year was because their defense could barely get any pressure on the QB, their running game was nowhere near what it is now, and their Oline was playing like shit. To say that a very mediorce QB, at best, was the difference for the Panthers, you're freakin crazy. Any competent QB could put up those numbers with almost all day to throw, Williams and Stewart running wild, and Smith catching anything in his area.

I don't know how it reflects on DelHomme overall, but that game in particular it looked like the Cardinals just had ID'd something on film that was just telling them where he was going on every throw. If this was baseball, I'd say he was tipping his pitches.

It was easy to tell where he was gonna throw... his wind up took forever and he stared down his receivers.

Did I ever stated he was the most overrated player in the league? He is bad-mediocre, but I can think of several players who are more overrated. He is overrated though at this point in his career, and is no longer a good player like used to be... Back on subject though:

So, why don't you give me some reasons as to why he is the reason for Carolina's turn around... I'm sure he was rushing for 20 TD's, opening up big holes, protecting his blind side, and sacking the QB all the time the whole season, cause you know that were the main differences between the 07 and 08 panthers. Oh wait, it was Williams and Stewart providing one of the best RB duo's in the league and running over everyone, it was Gross, Otah, and their Oline opening up big holes and protecting Delhomme, and it was Julius Peppers sacking the QB.

The reason they sucked last year was because their defense could barely get any pressure on the QB, their running game was nowhere near what it is now, and their Oline was playing like shit. To say that a very mediorce QB, at best, was the difference for the Panthers, you're freakin crazy. Any competent QB could put up those numbers with almost all day to throw, Williams and Stewart running wild, and Smith catching anything in his area.

Bearsox, I know you didnt say that he was the most overrated player in the league, I said in a previous post that you didnt. You stepped into my response to bears4ever and did your little har-de-har you silly person laugh you always do when you disagree with a post, said that i was wrong even though it was my opinion, and said he was a terrible quarterback.

I countered with telling you he was a mediocre quarterback, and again said that he wasnt the most overrated player in football. I understand their running game is damn good, as well as their O-line, but i also understand that besides Jonathan Stewart, their running game and O-line was basically the same last year. Delhomme can throw off the play-fake, he can get it to Steve smith with regularity, you act as if any quarterback can step in and do the same thing. Last year they proved that to be untrue. If you disagree, thats fine, the proof for me is the difference in the record. You can point to julius Peppers and the defense blah blah blah, well Julius Peppers played last year too. So he showed up this year, who f-in cares. It doesnt change the offense. Delhomme didnt rush for 20 TDs, but he threw for 15, and im sure plenty of his 3000+yards put the running game in position for close scores.