Joe Barry not coming to the Bears

Connorbear

I'd have loved to have him on board, Bears must not have offered though cause I'd assume he would have rather came to Chicago where he could work with Briggs/Urlacher (potentially being the guy that comes when Urlacher has a bounce back year next year). Than again he may have figured it was a bad fit since the Bears LB corp's is already good so if it did its usual he wouldn't get the credit needed to get himself set up for another DC position. That or he wanted to go out on his own (wouldn't blame him since I'm sure tons of people would say he got the job because of his father in law instead of his skills; he actually has a good skill-set for a coach).

I'd have loved to have him on board, Bears must not have offered though cause I'd assume he would have rather came to Chicago where he could work with Briggs/Urlacher (potentially being the guy that comes when Urlacher has a bounce back year next year). Than again he may have figured it was a bad fit since the Bears LB corp's is already good so if it did its usual he wouldn't get the credit needed to get himself set up for another DC position. That or he wanted to go out on his own (wouldn't blame him since I'm sure tons of people would say he got the job because of his father in law instead of his skills; he actually has a good skill-set for a coach).

That linebacking group in Seattle ain't too shabby, actually, it's one of the best in the league... Lofa Tatupu, Julian Peterson, and Leroy Hill (if they resign him).

That linebacking group in Seattle ain't too shabby, actually, it's one of the best in the league... Lofa Tatupu, Julian Peterson, and Leroy Hill (if they resign him).

Very good point. Unfortunately instead of getting a highly respected LB coach who has play calling experience, we'll end up getting some unproven LB coach from the college ranks.

Very good point. Unfortunately instead of getting a highly respected LB coach who has play calling experience, we'll end up getting some unproven LB coach from the college ranks.

Or, in a very unlikely scenario, Babich steps down as DC and takes the LB coach position, and we bring in a new DC.

That is the absolute only reasoning I can see. The question is are the Bears going to be willing to pay a guy like Herm Edwards after shelling out for Marinelli. I'd hope they would.

I would hope that both Smith & Angelo are feeling enough heat where they will make the required moves to correct the decline in our defense & improve our offense if for no other reason to solidify their reputations as HC & GM.

Personally, I want Lovie to put his money where his mouth is and take over the D. Basically have him take over all defensive game planning, let Babich have the title of defensive coordinator, and go from there. This is because if the D fails, there's no scapegoat to fire but Lovie himself.

Personally, I want Lovie to put his money where his mouth is and take over the D. Basically have him take over all defensive game planning, let Babich have the title of defensive coordinator, and go from there. This is because if the D fails, there's no scapegoat to fire but Lovie himself.

I would not be at all surprised to see Smith's involvement in the Defensive game planning increase, and also feel that Marinelli will have a lot of input as well. I read one of the many articles on the Marinelli signing indicating the there would be changes in the play calling responsibilities with a three headed monster, the pecking order being Smith, Marinelli, and Babich as the 3rd in the line. If Babich remeains as DC I feel he is, as I said before, a lame duck place holder in name only.

Hopefully, with all the changes going on in staffs of other teams, eventually Babich will be replaced by a highly qualified DC. I know, wishful thinking. But one can always hope.

Exactly what Happened, Give this guy the coveted Grand Karnac award. Bravo, Bravo,!!!