USC QB Sanchez going pro

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Well, I'd say that means its almost a certainty that one of him, Bradford, and Stafford will drop to 18. Maybe even lower than that if you wanted to trade down and still grab a QB.

That's exactly what I think. And if that happens, I don't see how the Bears could pass up on a franchise QB.

Well, I'd say that means its almost a certainty that one of him, Bradford, and Stafford will drop to 18. Maybe even lower than that if you wanted to trade down and still grab a QB.

Well, right now all indications point to Bradford staying, and tomorrow's the deadline.

If the draft was right now, Sanchez would go in the 15-25 range. However, IMO, he will be one of the top preformers at the combine/pro days and shoot up draft boards, kind of similar to Cutler. I actually see the Seahawks falling in love with him and drafting him at no. 4 overall. However, if he did fall to 18, I'd love to get him and I'd doubt we'd pass on him (unless we made some sort of big signing).

As for Stafford, unless he really lays an egg at the combine/pro day, there's a REALLY good chance of him going no. 1 overall to Detroit.

They might be losing out on Sanchez, but they have a ridiculous amount of talent behind him. Mitch Mustain was the top rated QB in the country coming out of HS, Corp was a 4 star prospect, and Barkley is currently the no. 1 HS recruit in football. They got plenty of talent at QB. Now they need to figure out how they are going to build their defense back up with a bunch of new starter for next year.

They might be losing out on Sanchez, but they have a ridiculous amount of talent behind him. Mitch Mustain was the top rated QB in the country coming out of HS, Corp was a 4 star prospect, and Barkley is currently the no. 1 HS recruit in football. They got plenty of talent at QB. Now they need to figure out how they are going to build their defense back up with a bunch of new starter for next year.

Ya, I heard them talking about it on ESPN today that they have QBs ready to rock immediately. They said Oklahoma would be hosed if Bradford left though.

Actually, Barkley had a terrible season to his standards. He only threw 23 TD's and 18 INT's.

But...they do have the top rated LB by Rivals coming in (Vontaze Burfict), and the 3rd best LB (Manti Te'O) is between USC, Notre Dame, and BYU. They have a guy who played S, RB, and WR coming in who runs a 4.33 40 and another good DB coming in. Also, the top DE is between USC and like 8 other schools. I'm not sure when the deadline is for committments but we'll see. They do have a strong defensive class coming in though, as you can all see. If they can land Te'O and Kennard, it'll be a great class...hell, even if they get 1 of the 2, it'll be a great class.

I thought with Sanchez, they could win it all with strong competition from OU and Florida. Now, it'll probably be another Rose Bowl win. It'll be tough with an experienced defense to go to Oregon, to Cal, and to Ohio State and win all 3 of those.

With your high opinion of him im surprised you think he will actually drop to the 18th pick

I don't. I meant if he did fall to us, like Rodgers or Quinn.

Actually, Barkley had a terrible season to his standards. He only threw 23 TD's and 18 INT's.

But...they do have the top rated LB by Rivals coming in (Vontaze Burfict), and the 3rd best LB (Manti Te'O) is between USC, Notre Dame, and BYU. They have a guy who played S, RB, and WR coming in who runs a 4.33 40 and another good DB coming in. Also, the top DE is between USC and like 8 other schools. I'm not sure when the deadline is for committments but we'll see. They do have a strong defensive class coming in though, as you can all see. If they can land Te'O and Kennard, it'll be a great class...hell, even if they get 1 of the 2, it'll be a great class.

I thought with Sanchez, they could win it all with strong competition from OU and Florida. Now, it'll probably be another Rose Bowl win. It'll be tough with an experienced defense to go to Oregon, to Cal, and to Ohio State and win all 3 of those.

Whatever, Barkley still the best QB recruit in the nation, and he's a Carson Palmer clone. He'll push for the starting job in 2010.

As for the NC, USC still has a shot, Mustain could potentially be a first round pick IMO. I think Corp will transfer, at least he should (would be wise to go to a place where he knows he can start for two years, and play in a spread offense).

As for D, I'm excited to see Everson Griffen get an expanded role as a Junior. Possible top 5 draft pick next year with his amazing physical tools. I also really like that safety they got coming in, 5 star recruit T.J. McDonald. 6'2", 200 lbs and runs a 4.5 40. You don't see too many high school DB's with that size .

Whatever, Barkley still the best QB recruit in the nation, and he's a Carson Palmer clone. He'll push for the starting job in 2010.

As for the NC, USC still has a shot, Mustain could potentially be a first round pick IMO. I think Corp will transfer, at least he should (would be wise to go to a place where he knows he can start for two years, and play in a spread offense).

As for D, I'm excited to see Everson Griffen get an expanded role as a Junior. Possible top 5 draft pick next year with his amazing physical tools. I also really like that safety they got coming in, 5 star recruit T.J. McDonald. 6'2", 200 lbs and runs a 4.5 40. You don't see too many high school DB's with that size .

No, I was agreeing on Barkley. I'm just saying- I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Also- I love McDonald as well. He's a freak. As for Hall (RB, WR, S), he reminds me of a taller Noel Devine. Very quick and slippery.

I'm here in LA, and apparently he's not yet made up his mind according to the news... Many reports have him still speculating after meeting w/ Pete Carroll and his family...

per espn.com.

The guy will be a star. Too bad we'll settle for a veteran FA QB or draft a QB in the 3rd-5th round.

It is impressive. They are easily the most popular team here in LA with the exception of the Lakers, only when the Lakers are doing well.

But it does make sense...

1. USC traditionally has been a strong program

2. Carrol came from the NFl, and some thinking is if you want to make it in the NFL, he knows more than the next guy

3. Recently, they have been VERy strong, and what freshman wouldn't want to be a part of that, regardless of who leaves

4. The city... Young men tend to want to come where the weather is warm, the chicks are hot, and where therer's some action. LA has all that. So does Miami, etc... But it's not humid in LA! Throw in the music and film business and it's liek the planets allign...

I amazed with Carroll the way his team continues to perform extremely well considering all the talent he loses every year.

I amazed with Carroll the way his team continues to perform extremely well considering all the talent he loses every year.

It's not that tough when you are consistently bringing in 5 star recruits and always have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation.

It is impressive. They are easily the most popular team here in LA with the exception of the Lakers, only when the Lakers are doing well.

But it does make sense...

1. USC traditionally has been a strong program

2. Carrol came from the NFl, and some thinking is if you want to make it in the NFL, he knows more than the next guy

3. Recently, they have been VERy strong, and what freshman wouldn't want to be a part of that, regardless of who leaves

4. The city... Young men tend to want to come where the weather is warm, the chicks are hot, and where therer's some action. LA has all that. So does Miami, etc... But it's not humid in LA! Throw in the music and film business and it's liek the planets allign...

Your right maddog. Hot woment and beautiful weather and no bleeping snow would be a blessing for me. Right now it is -35 with windchill out here in the Chicago area. So I would go in a heart beat.

Sanchez had a fabulous Rose bowl game.

At the same time he's been a starter for all of about one season.

He'll be a first rd pick but I sure don't see him being a star NFL qb.

Too much is often based on the last game played at the college level by a qb.

I believe Sanchez might have a better career than Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell but I wouldn't bet on it !

Ouch!

I'm sure you don't really want to know, but it's like 80 out here in LA today... I went to the mall for lunch, and saw probably 20 or so amazing ladies shopping around... I miss Chicago, but only so much!

Your right maddog. Hot woment and beautiful weather and no bleeping snow would be a blessing for me. Right now it is -35 with windchill out here in the Chicago area. So I would go in a heart beat.