Would anyone be interested in TO?

adam

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...rom-lombardi-5/

I know the Cowboys are having serious internal discussions about releasing Terrell Owens very soon. Serious discussions. The $3.1-million roster bonus due Owens in March is also adding to the discussions.

I doubt the Bears would sign him if released, and I doubt he would come to the Bears, but I guess you never know.

Absolutely, 100% yes. I have said it before, and will say it again:

I'm in favor of the Bears picking up a stud WR who has character issues. Two years ago it was possible for the Bears to pick up TO AND Moss at the same time.

I've posed the question here before...but each time it's answered with a near consensus of "Hell no". And then weeks later the "We need a WR" threads start again. How far are you willing to go? How badly do you want to win? That's what it comes down to.

watch TO go to the Patriots and be a saint

If that happens, watch Brady throw for nearly 6000 yards and a brazilion touchdowns as the Patriots cruise through the season undefeated yet again. They won't even need offense; they'll be able to put up 40+ a game without batting an eyelash.

YES PLEASE! He's older, but he's still one of the best receivers in the league, and any competent QB could get him the ball. Orton, right now, is borderline competent, and hopefully whoever else we bring in at QB is decent as well.

As soon as someone can tell me a time he was PLAYING on a team that won a playoff game I would consider it. I mean playing in the game though, not being injured and advancing to the Super Bowl. The guy is a cancer, he destroys EVERY team he plays for.

Damn I never thought about that. San Francisco? Really?

As soon as someone can tell me a time he was PLAYING on a team that won a playoff game I would consider it. I mean playing in the game though, not being injured and advancing to the Super Bowl. The guy is a cancer, he destroys EVERY team he plays for.

The Eagles didn't lose the Super Bowl because of what he did. By all accounts, he fought through an injury that would have sidelined 99% of other players for months, played in the Super Bowl on essentially one leg, and still dominated. He may be a cancer, but if you look at the stats of his teams' QBs before and after he's on the team, and more often than not, the stats are improved when TO is on the team.

The Eagles didn't lose the Super Bowl because of what he did. By all accounts, he fought through an injury that would have sidelined 99% of other players for months, played in the Super Bowl on essentially one leg, and still dominated. He may be a cancer, but if you look at the stats of his teams' QBs before and after he's on the team, and more often than not, the stats are improved when TO is on the team.

I know he didnt lose the Super Bowl, but he never helped win a playoff game. Im not doubting his talent or the impact he can have on a qbs stats. Im simply saying the guy is a cancer. Whether it was this year in the midst of the slump bitching about Romo and Witten making secret plays excluding him, his accidental overdose, pretty much his whole second year in Philly, getting traded and never playing in Baltimore, calling his QB in San Fran gay. He also is always at the top of the league in drops. The guy is a loser, thats been his rap his whole career. Theres no reason Dallas shouldnt have been in the playoffs this year talent wise, but they think its ok to have cancers on the roster and they finish third in their division. This isnt a coincidence.

yup

IMHO Dallas didn't make the playoffs not because of TO....last time I checked hr plays offense and the Dallas D gave up 44 points to the Eagales. Now as far as having him on this team Hell yes I would in a minute. He can stretch the field amke catches and run after the catch. You say he drops the ball.....but did you look at Davis, Hester, lloyd, Booker, Olsen, Clark, and count how many times they dropped the ball? You have to take the good with the bad. Not only would TO open up the deep threat to our offense he would open the field, take the 8th man out of the box and make hte running game better. And to top it off he is a winner(wants to win) but if you are the best WR on the team and don't get the ball you would complain too no matter who was throwing it to you. Did Moss complain with the Vikings or New England no because they throw him the ball, but when he was in the Raider nation they tried to be balanced and not throw to him that much so they sucked even wosre than they were. Same with Dallas and TO

IMHO Dallas didn't make the playoffs not because of TO....last time I checked hr plays offense and the Dallas D gave up 44 points to the Eagales. Now as far as having him on this team Hell yes I would in a minute. He can stretch the field amke catches and run after the catch. You say he drops the ball.....but did you look at Davis, Hester, lloyd, Booker, Olsen, Clark, and count how many times they dropped the ball? You have to take the good with the bad. Not only would TO open up the deep threat to our offense he would open the field, take the 8th man out of the box and make hte running game better. And to top it off he is a winner(wants to win) but if you are the best WR on the team and don't get the ball you would complain too no matter who was throwing it to you. Did Moss complain with the Vikings or New England no because they throw him the ball, but when he was in the Raider nation they tried to be balanced and not throw to him that much so they sucked even wosre than they were. Same with Dallas and TO

I know hes better than what we got, Im saying hes a cancer, and yes he has a lot of drops for top tier WRs which is obviously what you think of him as.

First: We have a hard enough time completing passes to the recievers we have. I don't use this as an excuse not to pursue a stud WR just an evaluation on what we have done. Quarterbacks work with recievers in camp and in the offseason on timing, rhythm, and understanding what eachother likes to do. What I took from our offense is that we do ok with seam routes between the hashmarks under 30 yards so basically tight end work. So T.O. would have a hissy fit as he has had with a quarterback who is comfortable with good tight ends.

Second: T.O. is a cancer. Just like a cancer that if not treated hits the lymphatics and damages every organ up and down the line. When T.O. is loving "me some me" he goes after his quarterback, then his wide reciever coach (because he will listen), his offensive coordinator (for not having more plays for T.O.) and anybody else that is within earshot. HE IS UNSTABLE!!! The bears are not Dallas. Dallas is desperate even for head case cast offs. Which is why they choke. Their chemistry is bad. There are other opportunities out there WR-wise without taking a step back with T.O.

Hell no! He is the biggest locker room, sideline, podium and back yard cancer any team has ever seen. He would absolutely destroy our team chemistry. When TO comes to town, plan on going downhill soon after.

Team Chemistry?! Maybe destroying team complacency is exactly what this dead ass team needs. Maybe they need a guy who will come in and challenge the others! Maybe they need a guy who is basically saying, "I want to win, and I'm awesome...who's along for the ride?" I know I much prefer it to the, "Atta boy, we'll get'em next time after we look at the tape"-garbage we hear from nearly everyone on the coaching staff and the team.

I'm stunned that anyone on this board would say no to Owens. You guys want everything to be perfect, and that's just not the mold of today's players...especially WRs.

Team Chemistry?! Maybe destroying team complacency is exactly what this dead ass team needs. Maybe they need a guy who will come in and challenge the others! Maybe they need a guy who is basically saying, "I want to win, and I'm awesome...who's along for the ride?" I know I much prefer it to the, "Atta boy, we'll get'em next time after we look at the tape"-garbage we hear from nearly everyone on the coaching staff and the team.

I'm stunned that anyone on this board would say no to Owens. You guys want everything to be perfect, and that's just not the mold of today's players...especially WRs.

And you think that is Owens? LOL. Go ahead and believe that

I found this quote interesting in the Ed Werder piece

The Cowboys released twice-suspended cornerback Pacman Jones last week and Tank Johnson is expected to depart through free agency. Both decisions are at least partly related to the renewed emphasis on creating a different atmosphere in the locker room. The Cowboys began their ill-fated 2008 season with three players on the roster who had been suspended by the league or their previous teams -- Jones, Johnson and Owens.

I know hes better than what we got, Im saying hes a cancer, and yes he has a lot of drops for top tier WRs which is obviously what you think of him as.

I agree. He's a turd and with our offense he'd go nuts almost immediately. He needs someone throwing him the ball with a high frequency or he freaks. I'd rather go after almost any other WR in FA than TO.

Not perfect. Just don't want the BIGGEST douche in the NFL on my team. A little class would be great. I'm not looking for boy scouts but this jackass is beyond reclamation.

I think with all the problems we have on the team, the last thing we need is a distraction. The two guys I would want are the Ocho and TJ Whosurmama. I remember like two years ago on Fox NFL Sunday, the boys did a story on Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer that said the two took their bye week and went to go watch Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison play so they could emmulate their chemistry both on and off the field. This really hit home with me because it shows, despite the sometimes negative attention Chad Johnson gets because he is outspoken, etc., he truely wants to win. TO may want to win also, but that desire to win also brings with it a very distracting, destructive personality.