Gruden Not the Bears Next OC...

Mongo3451

Yes they were a little fast at pulling the plug on him, but hey the Jetrs did they same thing with their coach right. The Jets coach in his first season made them a 10-6 team and they miss the playoff this year by lossing thier last three games.They Bucs were in the same boat...starting off at 8-3 only to wind up at 9-7 and lost to the Raiders in their last game. With Gruden I think it had more to do with getting beat by the Raiders in a game that if they won they would be in the playoffs as a wildcard

Gruden is a tremendous offensive mind and a darn good football coach. I personally think he did a lot with limited talent in Tampa. I'd be all over having him as the Bears head coach but its quite obvious that he wouldn't ever go anywhere to be an OC at least not yet. Next season if Cowher/Shanny/Gruden are still out there you are going to be talking about one ridiculous set of options for any teams that cut there coaches (and if Lovie doesn't get the Bears to the playoffs next year than I certainly hope we target one of those guys).

Does anyone else think he should have gotten fired? I hate the guy, think he's a dickhead, but I dunno if they should have fired someone that won them a Super Bowl not too long ago. Did the best he could with the talent he had this season.

Did you know that since winning the super bowl. Gruden's winning percentage was less than .500 for ther bucs ?

Dungy got the Bucs to the playoffs the year he got fired.

Gruden is lucky he wasn't fired last yr.

Jon Gruden's record @ TB

12-4 - super bowl win vs oakland

7-9

5-11

11-5

4-12

9-7

9-7

45-51 after winning the super bowl