I Have a Devious Idea...

Mongo3451

You know JA made the QB comment. Now, he is clarifying with support of Orton. That leads me to the mind game. Since we already know the Queens are going hell bent for a QB this off-season. Is JA setting up a bidding war so the Queens will run out and overspend for a QB? Kinda like a bluff in poker... Even though the Queens get their guy, they also get a strained cap for other needs. Hell, I'd do it.

I still see us going after backup, but a stud seems outta line due to our support players not being up to snuff.

I think the Vikings will trade for Cassel, and personally, I don't want to see them get him and would be in favor of pushing up the price tag with bogus leaks to newspapers and such, saying Bears are aggressively pursuing him, etc.

Cassel gets criticized a lot for never starting in college, and putting up huge stats in New England, but that doesn't change the fact he was a top recruit (either 4 or 5 star recruit out of high school) when USC got him, has a bunch of talent, and has an incredible work ethic. I remember reading an article last year before Cassel became this potential franchise QB. It talked about how on the sidelines, he'd always keep his helmet on to hear the play call, and then he'd pretend to say it like he was in the huddle and then just watch what Tom did. He has the potential and I'd hate to see him in Minnesota. So anything to drive up the price is fine by me.