We need a WR

Wesson44

Maclin's Out, Who Now? by WCG on Jan 22, 2009 7:38 AM CST

An early look at the mock drafts had the Bears selecting Jeremy Maclin. Maclin hasn't done anything, but his name is making a Herculian rise up the boards. Kiper has him currently going at #7. So now that a majority of mocks have moved him up, who is the current favorites for the Bears pick?

NFL New Draft

18. Chicago Bears: Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, MD

The Bears defense is getting older but I think they go after a playmaking receiver to help their QB in the 2009 season. Bey is supposed to run in the 4.3’s in the 2009 NFL Draft Combine. He is ranked as my 3rd best WR in this 2009 NFL Mock Draft because of his size and speed.

Consensus Draft Service

PICK #18 The Bears Pick: Darrius Heyward-Bey (WR, Maryland) When a converted cornerback is your #1 receiver you know you have problems. After the emergence of Kyle Orton as a solid QB the Bears know they need to get him a real weapon if this team is to return to the Super Bowl. Enter DHB who has the skill set to become a very good NFL receiver.

Pro Football America

18. Chicago Bears: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

Football Jabber

18. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

Through my mock drafting, Heyward-Bey and Vontae Davis were the most commonly players selected players for the Bears.

I would gladly take DHB!

Not at 18, though. He'll likely be there at 25 or so, so I'd rather trade down and pick up a 3rd and 5th along with that 1st.

Or, trade out of the first with a team who has an early 2nd so we can take Britt there, possibly.

I wouldn't mind Vontae Davis at 18, though.

Maclin and Sanchez were two guys that I really liked and were realisticly going to be on the boards when the Bears picked. Now neither of them looks like they'll be around and I'm pretty dissapointed. Maclin has ridiculous speed and enough size (he's over 6ft) and I think he'll be quite the impact player.

those are the two i want for the Bears. Maclin is a stud and Sanchez is coming from a pro style and is going to be an excellent QB. If we scored those two and then sured up the Oline in 3 and 4...i would love it.

Not at 18, though. He'll likely be there at 25 or so, so I'd rather trade down and pick up a 3rd and 5th along with that 1st.

Or, trade out of the first with a team who has an early 2nd so we can take Britt there, possibly.

lol, trading down is a lot easier said then done.

me either