Rice aiming to make comeback, could Bears figure in?

Pixote

Not with the mix of DE's we have we shouldn't sign him. In 2004, when we had a 26 year old Wale, and a 24 year old Alex Brown, that's the ideal situation to bring a 35 year old into the mix. If the guy tanks, it's no big deal.

At this point, with Wale 31, Alex Brown 29, and Mark Anderson a question, it's essential we draft a young stud DE. Hell, hopefully it would have a "Thomas Jones" type effect, where the play of the other three becomes elevated.

While DaBearsdabomb mentioned dumping Wale to save money, he's still considered our best DE. There's no way in hell you dump him unless you're upgrading. More importantly, why would you dump him to save money when we have 25 million to spend, & there's not much to buy? Even we dumped him to add Peppers, IMO we'd still want to draft a DE at some point.

Simeon Rice and leadership in the same sentence, now that's new. He's certainly worth a look but I don't have my hopes up.

I didn't mean it that way, but that's my fault for my wording.

I meant to say maybe he'll go out and with his play, maybe some of the other vets will get a kick in the shorts and realize they could become back-ups very soon.