Update on Collins and Warner

Wesson44

Titans | Talks with Collins have not progressed

Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:18:49 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports contract talks between the Tennessee Titans and QB Kerry Collins, an impending free agent, have been going slow thus far. "There's been nothing substantial,'' Collins said. "There might have been some conversations between my agent and Mike, but nothing to think they are working on anything big." Collins reiterated his feelings from the end of the season. He's not interested in returning to be the No. 2 quarterback behind QB Vince Young after guiding the team to a 13-3 mark this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cardinals | Warner likely to return

Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:09:23 -0800

Bob McManaman, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner, an impending free agent, is expected to return to the team. Warner will likely sign a new, two-year contract extension, possibly in the neighborhood of $18-$20 million. The deal could get done in the next couple of weeks. Warner said Tuesday, Feb. 3, that he wants to finish his career in Arizona. "That's my mindset. If I'm going to keep playing, I don't want to change teams."