Any Interest?

fudgeripple2000

Would we have any interest in Holt or Pace?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=138939

Holt:

Good hands and with his age isn't as much of a deep threat as he once was. For other teams that would be a problem. But with a dink and dunk offense that focuses on accuracy and has limited creativity. Holt would allow Lloyd expendable.

Pace

Going into his 13th year age is an issue. Injury is another issue. However, two things: A third round pick is cheep for a tackle like Pace. We have shown in the past not to have too many problems bringing aged lineman. Second, imagine being Pace, locked into a long term deal and knowing your team will suck. That I would think would affect your offseason conditioning. Maybe a change of scenery and change of field surface would give him a couple of years left. If Gross can't be had than maybe Pace would be an option if his salary isn't too much.

I love Holt. He loves Hester so he can do some tutoring there, and he has great hands, still. I'd give up a 4th this year and a 5th next year (or this year) for him for sure, though.

Maybe then if we think Bennett can be a #3 or #4, we can sign Holt, and wait to draft a WR until round 3 while we get an OG and DE with our first 3 picks, in no order. Or, we can still go WR with our 18th pick and start forming a solid WR corps.

No and No. At least not at the price they're at now. According to Profootballtalk.com, Holt is due to make 6.6 million next year and Pace 5.9. Not to mention, Holt turns 33 in June, and Pace turns 34 in November. Due to the money + age, and when you consider their bad seasons: Holt only caught for 796 yards, and Pace has been injured the last two years, neither one is worth trading for.

If they were cut that might change things. Granted Holt would automatically be our best WR. But I'm not sure that an injured Pace is an upgrade over a meriocre John Tait.

Holt:

Good hands and with his age isn't as much of a deep threat as he once was. For other teams that would be a problem. But with a dink and dunk offense that focuses on accuracy and has limited creativity. Holt would allow Lloyd expendable.

Pace

Going into his 13th year age is an issue. Injury is another issue. However, two things: A third round pick is cheep for a tackle like Pace. We have shown in the past not to have too many problems bringing aged lineman. Second, imagine being Pace, locked into a long term deal and knowing your team will suck. That I would think would affect your offseason conditioning. Maybe a change of scenery and change of field surface would give him a couple of years left. If Gross can't be had than maybe Pace would be an option if his salary isn't too much.

Holt could help...

Not sure Pace is worth it at this point. I don't think we're close enough to bring him in. I'd rather get younger on the line.

Holt:

Pace