Possible Replacement Safety

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Angelo is in some time of man-crush era right now with Danieal Manning, and so I think if we do bring in a FS, it'll be Huff.

He has tons of potential, but he wouldn't play here. He'd be a body behind Manning if he either gets hurt or just isn't getting the job done.

So in other words he'd start right away?

How bad do you have to be to get cut by the Raiders? That's not exactly something you list at the top of your resume. I'm not saying he isn't worth looking at but I can't possibly think he's a guaranteed solution to our problem at FS. When I see cuts like this I often wonder how long before we hear about a league suspension for violating the substance abuse policy or some other issue along those lines.

Not saying anything specific to Huff, but I will say I like the overall situation. Will anyone here argue that Oakland is a dysfunctional organization. They run through coaches like nothing I have seen. Their system/scheme changes w/ the wind. To me, it simply is no surprise when talent fails to develop there. Sure, some do, but I think the situation is simply bad for a kid to step in and develop. Thus, players who appear to be a bust may simply need a new venue.

There are other teams who are/were similar. For years, Az actually did bring in talent (lots of high picks) but for whatever reason, talent never reached expectations, and even when they did, still couldn't wait to bolt.

Some organizations are simply bad. That doesn't mean you look at everyone they cut, but a player who you maybe liked in the draft, but failed to develop there may still be worth a look.

How bad do you have to be to get cut by the Raiders? That's not exactly something you list at the top of your resume. I'm not saying he isn't worth looking at but I can't possibly think he's a guaranteed solution to our problem at FS. When I see cuts like this I often wonder how long before we hear about a league suspension for violating the substance abuse policy or some other issue along those lines.