Darrius Heyward-Bey

Wesson44

Bears | Showing interest in Heyward-Bey

Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:18:07 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears are known to be interested in University of Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

I like this kid. What round are they saying because I don't know about him in the 1st maybe the 2nd though.

Lovie loves speed, and this guy, I'll make a wager, will be our first pick.

He's a bit raw at the position, but his jumping ability is ridiculous, he can be used on some trick plays, and his speed might end up being better then Maclin's.

Here are some of DHB's highlights this past year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA

His talent level puts you in mind of Larry Fitzgerald a bit. But if he could match that then we would have a gem if we picked him.

Don't go there, please. The talent levels are not even close to comparable. DHB is very raw VS Fitz who was very refined. DHB has questionable hands VS Fitz who was gold. DHB is off the charts fast VS Fitz who is football fast with a bad 40 time. Completely different players. If he has dreads that may be it.

That being said, I really think we'll be going DE, CB or OL in the 1st. If we trade down somehow; I wouldn't mind getting him later, as I like his upside.

This kid has got some serious speed. Now, obviously those are highlight so it'll all be good, but what I liked most about his was his ability to make the acrobatic catch and come back to get the ball. A lot of those throws were off and he still made the tough catch.

I hate to do more Cardinals comparisons, but I also just watched a Hakeem Nicks highlight, and he looks a TON like Anquan Boldin. Very hard to take down. Britt reminded me of a poor man's Chad Johnson with his style of play and the way he catches balls.