Let's hope he's not our next Archuletta...

madlithuanian

RAMS CHOP CHAVOUS

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2009, 3:33 p.m.

The Rams have parted ways with safety Corey Chavous, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Chavous, an eleven-year veteran, spent three years with the Rams. He started 43 of 48 games.

The move came days after Chavous’s agent requested that the player be released.

Chavous previously played for the Cardinals and the Vikings, starting every game in Minnesota over a four-year career there.

Per Thomas, the moves creates $1.2 million in cap space.

RAMS CHOP CHAVOUS

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2009, 3:33 p.m.

The Rams have parted ways with safety Corey Chavous, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Chavous, an eleven-year veteran, spent three years with the Rams. He started 43 of 48 games.

The move came days after Chavous’s agent requested that the player be released.

Chavous previously played for the Cardinals and the Vikings, starting every game in Minnesota over a four-year career there.

Per Thomas, the moves creates $1.2 million in cap space.

Have you heard if we are interested in this guy. I wouldn't mind at least exploring the idea and seeing what him and his agent are looking for.

We don't need Chavous. He was never very good with the Cards and was on the Vikings D the entire time we laughed at their inability to stop the pass. We might as well go with DManning, at least he's faster and has a better chance of recovering when he makes a mistake.

On a side note, expect to see Chavous on TV as a draft analyst for somebody. Since he was a kid he's always loved the NFL draft and has great knowledge of draft history.

True enough! I didn't research my comment before making...it was more of a gut response. I wrongly assumed an old aging saftey who had lost his skills would be right up Smith's alley!

Um, that doesn't really make sense considering Chavous didn't go to the Rams until Lovie was long gone.