JP Losman

Chitownhustla

Call me crazy. Call me stupid. Criticize me all you want. I am a big boy, I can take it.

I would like to see Hanie as our #2 so he can further develop and pick up another Rookie QB as our #3.

I do not care if Hanie was an UDFA. I like the kid. He impressed the hell out of me in preseason last year.

Yes, I know he was playing with the 3's. I want him to get a chance in preseason to get some quality playing time to see what he can give us. I think he has a chance to be a darn good qb. I like his size, arm strength, mobility, and he seemed very calm and collected in the pocket.

I'm pretty sure he is a free agent. Former 1st round talent that didnt work out in Buf. I say bring him in. As of now we need to do something. I cant see him needing too much money to sign. I would think a chance to compete would be the first thing on his list.

Does he have experience: Check

Can he compete with Orton: Check

Talent: Check

Young enough to still have potential: Check

I'm all in favor of bringing him in.

Call me crazy. Call me stupid. Criticize me all you want. I am a big boy, I can take it.

I would like to see Hanie as our #2 so he can further develop and pick up another Rookie QB as our #3.

I do not care if Hanie was an UDFA. I like the kid. He impressed the hell out of me in preseason last year.

Yes, I know he was playing with the 3's. I want him to get a chance in preseason to get some quality playing time to see what he can give us. I think he has a chance to be a darn good qb. I like his size, arm strength, mobility, and he seemed very calm and collected in the pocket.

Woa, Pix! Thinking outside the box, aren't you? I love the idea, but don't see JA even approaching the outer limits of "the box". I think Hanie has shown he has the moxie to be a no. 2, and we really won't know until they actually try him. But, I'm not gonna hold my breath on Lovie or JA going for it.

I agree with Pix on this. I think Hanie definitely showed a lot of moxie last preseason and I know he deserves to be promoted to our #2. Unfortunately the powers that be feel strongly enough that we need a veteran to come in and compete with Orton for the job of starter which will relegate Hanie back to #3. I personally would like the QB depth chart to be at this point: Orton, Hanie, Rookie Phenom. Orton has done everything this team has asked of him and has not complained one pick that I am aware of. Hanie as I have said showed far too much poise and promise not to be elevated to the #2 and we need to look to the future as well if Orton or Hanie are not the true play-maker QBs that this team has sorely lack for far too long. Again this is putting faith and trust into Angelo and staff to reward this team and the fans something worth while and at this point I still do not believe Angelo has the brains to be able to do that.

No way do I want to go into the season without a Vet QB on the roster. Hell a few years backwe were all up in arms when Lovie did do it.

The most simple way to put it to me is to look at 2010. Right now, the only QB the Bears have under contract for 2010 is Hanie. If Orton puts together an average season and then someone offers him more money than he's worth, and the Bears don't want to use the $15 million plus QB franchise tag on him, the Bears QB in 2010 will be Hanie with no backup.

Either the Bears need to draft a top 3 round QB this year or they need to sign a FA to a deal that lasts at least 2 years. Otherwise either Orton has them over a barrel or they're simply doomed in 2010. Any QB is a reasonable option in that case.

I agree. However, I still think it'll be Leftwich. He loves Lovie and he's got a good arm when healthy.

Leftwich will ultimately get more money than KO and right now KO is the starter. The Bears won't do that. Losman will be the guy, unless they draft a QB (ie, if Sanchez falls or Freeman becomes worthy of going at 18).