We are keeping Roach & Hamilton

Wesson44

Why are we wanting to keep Hamilton again, I understand Roach but Hamilton?

Bears | Roach, Hamilton expected to receive offers

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:53:19 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears LB Nick Roach and CB Marcus Hamilton are expected to receive offers to remain with the team. Both players are exclusive rights free agents.

To all my fellow fans who wanted Tillman to move to safety well looks like it's not going to happen.

Bears | Tillman to stay at cornerback

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:52:42 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears CB Charles Tillman will remain at cornerback. There had been rumors Tillman could move to free safety in 2009.

Well it looks like Gross maybe costing too much for us to sign.

Panthers | Closer to signing Gross long-term

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:54:37 -0800

Steve Reed, of CarolinaGrowl.com, reports there is renewed optimism the Carolina Panthers will be able to sign OT Jordan Gross to a long-term deal, according to a league source. Sources close to the situation confirmed there is hope the two sides will agree to a contract before Thursday, Feb. 19, before the deadline for teams to announce they are using their franchise tag. Agent Ethan Lock said "significant progress" was made in talks, but that it would take about $9 million per season to keep Gross, according to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Bears | Roach, Hamilton expected to receive offers

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:53:19 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears LB Nick Roach and CB Marcus Hamilton are expected to receive offers to remain with the team. Both players are exclusive rights free agents.

To all my fellow fans who wanted Tillman to move to safety well looks like it's not going to happen.

Bears | Tillman to stay at cornerback

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:52:42 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears CB Charles Tillman will remain at cornerback. There had been rumors Tillman could move to free safety in 2009.

Panthers | Closer to signing Gross long-term

Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:54:37 -0800

Steve Reed, of CarolinaGrowl.com, reports there is renewed optimism the Carolina Panthers will be able to sign OT Jordan Gross to a long-term deal, according to a league source. Sources close to the situation confirmed there is hope the two sides will agree to a contract before Thursday, Feb. 19, before the deadline for teams to announce they are using their franchise tag. Agent Ethan Lock said "significant progress" was made in talks, but that it would take about $9 million per season to keep Gross, according to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

No issue bringing Hamilton in to compete for a back up/special teams role. He will most likely get an offer with no guarenteed salary so it will not be an issue.

Looks like we won't have the chance to even compete for Gross.

Peace :dabears

agreed...

I see Hamilton only as depth at the moment. FA and the draft will dictate more down the line...

No issue bringing Hamilton in to compete for a back up/special teams role. He will most likely get an offer with no guarenteed salary so it will not be an issue.

Looks like we won't have the chance to even compete for Gross.

Peace :dabears

Depth. No more no less.

I just hope like hell we have a plan with how to fix the safety position. Right now it's a glaring weakness and seemingly our two options are:

a) Signing Atogwe (spelling?) from St. Louis, or

B) Drafting a safety, in another really bad draft year for safeties. Currently we have Manning we drafted in round 2 (Bad), Payne we draft in round 5 (bad) and Steltz we drafted in round 4 (Sucks). It's tough to be optimistic about this group.

The article you posted mention 9 million per year. So we're talking maybe 7 years/63 million? That seems pretty damn cheap for the best LT in the game. I'd predicted Gross would command a deal approaching 100 million. If he's that "reasonable" the Bears should make a run at him. But then again, so should the other 15 teams that have as much money to spend as the Bears.

I just hope like hell we have a plan with how to fix the safety position. Right now it's a glaring weakness and seemingly our two options are:

a) Signing Atogwe (spelling?) from St. Louis, or

B) Drafting a safety, in another really bad draft year for safeties. Currently we have Manning we drafted in round 2 (Bad), Payne we draft in round 5 (bad) and Steltz we drafted in round 4 (Sucks). It's tough to be optimistic about this group.

Until I hear Lovie, JA or Babich say it, I won't believe it. It could be yet another smokescreen. Biggs didn't even name a source within the organization. I'm still on the bandwagon!! :snr

The article you posted mention 9 million per year. So we're talking maybe 7 years/63 million? That seems pretty damn cheap for the best LT in the game. I'd predicted Gross would command a deal approaching 100 million. If he's that "reasonable" the Bears should make a run at him. But then again, so should the other 15 teams that have as much money to spend as the Bears.

Agreed and you can narrow it down. When all is said and done, we are probably top 5 in cap shape, due to us not having any major free agents to re-sign. If Gross is not signed by Carolina by day one of free agency, poison pill the bastards. :headbang