Wishfull thinking

Chitownhustla

Crabtree's injury causes him to drop to 18th where we can nab him.

Really though that does suck for him and i wonder if it will have any affect on where he gets drafted.

I could see it not really doing anything

I doubt Crabtree will drop much at all.

However, my "wishfull thinking" would be OT A Smith, thought to be the best OT in the draft, may very well drop big time do to his statements and "no show without notification". Could he drop to 18?

I doubt Crabtree will drop much at all.

However, my "wishfull thinking" would be OT A Smith, thought to be the best OT in the draft, may very well drop big time do to his statements and "no show without notification". Could he drop to 18?

He just did not show up for the Combine? And what were his statements?

He just did not show up for the Combine? And what were his statements?

He showed, weighed in, but chose to not work out announcing he had just begun working out about 10 days ago because he was looking for an agent. This did not sit well with some of the team reps.

Then, without telling anyone, he decided he would return to prepare for his pro day by taking a flight at 6am this morning. Some are heavily criticizing him for the lack of communication with the team reps and the powers to be that run the combine.

So, it may not effect him at all, but some might begin to question his intelligence for the mistakes he made, the comment he made when he did not participate in the weight lifting, and his lack of work ethics.

Small stuff when you consider how talented he is, but when you are investing the money teams have to pay for a top 10 selection, it might cause him to slip some, but how far?

The statement that set it it all up was his stand up at the weight lift, Everyone that does not lift has to give a reason why they are not to the coaches and the other players, during his stand up he stated he was just not ready physicaly to do the lifting. He took a bunch of heat over that, I guess honesty gets no points at the combine, Billick and Mayock really threw him under the bus with comments like (paraphrase) "You never tell them that , Make someting up but never tell them your not ready". Really makes it look petty in my eyes.

Yeah, but still. Who arrives not ready to do anything? Or without some sort of plan?

Its just the job interview that is going to set you up for the rest of your life. It raises some red flags.

Agreed. Remember when Mike Williams interviewed everywhere, and said all the right things? Bear fans were furious we didn't take him with the #4 pick. On hindsight, he's actually worse then Bastard Benson.

Last year Forte dominated the senior bowl, and showed up at the combine saying and doing all the right things. That's what a player is supposed to do. If a guy can't get his shit together for the combine, he'll be a bust. Stay away Bears.

Agreed. Remember when Mike Williams interviewed everywhere, and said all the right things? Bear fans were furious we didn't take him with the #4 pick. On hindsight, he's actually worse then Bastard Benson.

Last year Forte dominated the senior bowl, and showed up at the combine saying and doing all the right things. That's what a player is supposed to do. If a guy can't get his shit together for the combine, he'll be a bust. Stay away Bears.

Heard on the SCORE this morning that Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot(i think) and will be out for around 10 weeks. Will he even be ready for his pro day? Does anyone know when his pro day is? If he can't go by then that could cause him to drop to us and then I wouldn't go for him because of the injury.

Heard on the SCORE this morning that Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot(i think) and will be out for around 10 weeks. Will he even be ready for his pro day? Does anyone know when his pro day is? If he can't go by then that could cause him to drop to us and then I wouldn't go for him because of the injury.

I doubt he will push it. He has produced such a body of work over the last 2 years I do not see him dropping out of the top 5 in the draft even without running a "Pro Day".