Laveranues Coles released

GakMan23

If we don't get Coles or Holt, I'll be livid. Get one of them, trade down and take the best available wide-out in the early 2nd (hopefully Nicks). Otherwise if you can't trade down, target oline or LB in the 1st round (or Sanchez if he slides) and than grab the WR in the 2nd.

Pencil in the FA signing, the 2nd round pick, Hester and Bennett and let the vet do some heavy teaching. It be the best WR corps the Bears have had in years.

If we don't get Coles or Holt, I'll be livid. Get one of them, trade down and take the best available wide-out in the early 2nd (hopefully Nicks). Otherwise if you can't trade down, target oline or LB in the 1st round (or Sanchez if he slides) and than grab the WR in the 2nd.

Pencil in the FA signing, the 2nd round pick, Hester and Bennett and let the vet do some heavy teaching. It be the best WR corps the Bears have had in years.

I think either would be a good addition as long as you dont have to overpay for them. Coles is 31 and Holt will be 33 by the time he hits the field in the fall. I would be for letting Bennet develope and get a 2nd round reciever like Robiske/Ohio state and let them wing it. The most either of them will have to contribute will be for two years, and might leave some people on the bench we need to see if they can play. Any ways Holt hasnt been released yet from St Louis. There is no way were are going to trade for him.

I think either would be a good addition as long as you dont have to overpay for them. Coles is 31 and Holt will be 33 by the time he hits the field in the fall. I would be for letting Bennet develope and get a 2nd round reciever like Robiske/Ohio state and let them wing it. The most either of them will have to contribute will be for two years, and might leave some people on the bench we need to see if they can play. Any ways Holt hasnt been released yet from St Louis. There is no way were are going to trade for him.

Really, given the Bears's needs at WR and the fact that the Bears have ample cap space, overpaying for Holt or Coles isn't the worst option I've ever heard either.

The Bears can't fill every hole through the draft. No one drafts that well. But if they pick up 2 or so FA additions, hold on to St. Clair, and have a good draft, then the team could on paper be in excellent shape.