OT-Mike Ditka rookie card

akshaz

Hey guys. A guy just got fired here at the job and the boss is going through his stuff. He found a box of old baseball and football cards including Mike Ditka's rookie card. They all have the plastic covers and are in good shape.

Any idea how much it is worth?

good condition Ditka RC's go for at least 200.00

Unless the guy is a total bastard, you should return the card to him. And even if he is a bastard...he can claim a lawsuit agasint your company if his personal items are not returned.

I'd take the high road...as temnpting as it might be to keep the card. Both you and your boss could lose you jobs by not doing so.

Hey guys. A guy just got fired here at the job and the boss is going through his stuff. He found a box of old baseball and football cards including Mike Ditka's rookie card. They all have the plastic covers and are in good shape.

Any idea how much it is worth?

Unless the guy is a total bastard, you should return the card to him. And even if he is a bastard...he can claim a lawsuit agasint your company if his personal items are not returned.

I'd take the high road...as temnpting as it might be to keep the card. Both you and your boss could lose you jobs by not doing so.

Nah dude. You have it wrong. Sorry I wasn't clear. That dude is my guy. Our wives are friends. Our kids play together. I've spoken to him all day today. I had no intention on pawning his stuff. Just wondering how much a rookie of Iron Mike was worth. He had no clue. There are a bunch in there (Griffey rookie, Ripken, Bench, Moss rookie). Some guy gave him a box of cards and some other stuff to pay off a debt.

My bad! :P

I know that I had a freind buy a legit mini-helmet signed by coach about 4 years ago, and he paid $100. Add a bit of inflation,etc...I'd say a card is probably worth about $75.

Baseball card, I know nothing about!

I'd check out eBay..

Nah dude. You have it wrong. Sorry I wasn't clear. That dude is my guy. Our wives are friends. Our kids play together. I've spoken to him all day today. I had no intention on pawning his stuff. Just wondering how much a rookie of Iron Mike was worth. He had no clue. There are a bunch in there (Griffey rookie, Ripken, Bench, Moss rookie). Some guy gave him a box of cards and some other stuff to pay off a debt.

give me year & make & I'll tell ya what the book value is

Thanks Flea. Greatly appreciated. If it's not too much, can you check these too?

Mike Ditka 1962 TCG

Jim Brown 1962 TCG

Johnny Unitas 1962 TCG

A-Rod 1994 Upper Deck

Mark McGwire 1995 Donruss

Ken Griffey 1990 Leaf

A-Rod (prospect card) 1994 Upper Card

John Stockton 1988 Fleer

Ricky Henderson 1980 Topps

Hank Aaron 1978 TCMA

Ted Williams 1978 TCMA

Warren Spahn 1979 TCMA

Bob Gibson 1978 TCMA

Roberto Clemente 1979 TCMA

He has a ton of them. These are some of the names I recognized. Thanks again for the help.

TCG = Topps??

If so

Ditka has a low BV of 175 High of 300

Brown 100 low 175 high

Unitas 125 200

Thats depending on condition I'd assume

Sorry can't help with the Baseball I only have a football price guide

Not bad. No worries about the baseball stuff. Thanks Flea!