TalkBears Mock Version II

ASHKUM BEAR

Walterfootbal.com (L. English DE, P Loadholdt OT, B. J. Bryd DB)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1 pick 18

• Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St
    • Eben Britton OT Arz
    • William Beatty OT Con
    • Duke Robinson G OK
    • Ray Maualuga LB USC
    • Jeremy Maclin WR Miz
    • Hakeem Nicks WR NC
    • Larry English DE Northern
  2. 2. Round 2 pick 49

• Phil Loadholdt OT OK
    • Robert Ayers DE Ten
    • Patrick Chung S Oregon
    • Herman Johnson G LSU
    • Brian Robiskie WR Ohio St
    • Donald Brown RB Con
    • Max Unger C Oregon
    • Tyrone McKenzie OLB S. Florida
  3. 3. Round 3 pick 85 & 97 (pick 2 b/c BB comp pick)

• Jarius Byrd CB/S Oregon
    • Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
    • Jarron Gilbert DE San Jose
    • Nic Harris S/OLB OK
    • Nate Davis QB Ball St
    • Javon Ringer RB Mich St
    • Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
    • Shon Greene RB Iowa

My choices for this version:

1. Aaron Maybin DE - We need to have some youth move in for Adewale and Alex real soon. I picked Maybin over English b/c Maybin has 2 more inches of height at 6-4". It was mentioned before that Mark Anderson was too small, but he's also listed at 6-4" were Wale=6-4, Brown=6-3". Larry English listed at 6-2"

2. Brian Robiskie WR - He's the sleeper of the litter at WR. Playing for a run oriented Buckeye team, Robiskie at 6-3 209 has nice size/speed combo. His routes, hands, and maturity are pro ready as his father (ATL WR's coach) groomed him well.

3a. Jarius Bryd CB/S - The Bear need to find a true FS, Byrd has the versitile to move from CB to S if needed

3b. Fenuki Tupou OT - Two Ducks in a row lol, Tupou has nice size and can be groomed for the RT spot. When I compare him to Beatty/Britton I don't think theres much of a drop off. With Xavier Fulton still on the board we can even look at him.

---------

My choices for this version:

1. Aaron Maybin DE - We need to have some youth move in for Adewale and Alex real soon. I picked Maybin over English b/c Maybin has 2 more inches of height at 6-4". It was mentioned before that Mark Anderson was too small, but he's also listed at 6-4" were Wale=6-4, Brown=6-3". Larry English listed at 6-2"

2. Brian Robiskie WR - He's the sleeper of the litter at WR. Playing for a run oriented Buckeye team, Robiskie at 6-3 209 has nice size/speed combo. His routes, hands, and maturity are pro ready as his father (ATL WR's coach) groomed him well.

3a. Jarius Bryd CB/S - The Bear need to find a true FS, Byrd has the versitile to move from CB to S if needed

3b. Fenuki Tupou OT - Two Ducks in a row lol, Tupou has nice size and can be groomed for the RT spot. When I compare him to Beatty/Britton I don't think theres much of a drop off. With Xavier Fulton still on the board we can even look at him.

---------

Lot better choices this time

I would go with:

1) Britton OT ( I would go with a DE but the problem is Maybin is 248 and had to add 15lbs. to get to that point. Too light, and English may be a situational pass rusher, but dont think he will be everydown DE at his size 6/2 255.

2) Robiskie WR ( I think he will be a great #2 receiver in the league. hope we can find a #1 someday.)

3) Byrd CB/S ( I think he can play either position and would help our depth out a great deal)

3b) Green RB ( I think we need a powerback to compliment Forte, and he fits the profile)

Before listing my picks, I hate the idea of picking up a RB in the first three rounds. Hate it. I wish it weren't even listed. As for my picks, I don't see how Maclin (or Crabtree) could be passed if he fell to the Bears.

1. Maclin - Tough to pass

2. Herman Johnson - Absolute must shore up OL now that not addressed in 1st

3. Fenuki Tupou - See Johnson pick

3b. Byrd CB/S - Awesome player

I also like the idea of following my mock draft very closely, but it doesn't seem like as much bang for the buck as what was otherwise available:

1. Robinson

2. Loadholt

3. Byrd

3b. Have a look at which WR is available (not listed)

I went Macklin although he shouldnt be there at 18 and feel we should select Nicks then Loadholdt, Bryd, and Davis. Im still pulling for Pat White though. I have no idea why there are so many RB's on this list when we just selected a franchise back last year in RD 2. If we take a back on the first day it damned sure better be a defensive back.

Go Jason's route and select fatboy Lane in the latter rounds on day two if we only need a short yardage back.

I'd like to take Maclin but I'm going with Rey (which means king in spanish) Maualuga because Urlacher is in the tail end of his career. Nothing better than continuing the Bears great MLB tradition. Rey starts on the SLB spot for year and takes over the middle next year (we trade Url).

In contrast we do have a quick fast WR in Hester and so I push the choice of WR to the 2nd Rd with Robiskie and pick up the RT Fenuki in the third and I should have clicked on Byrd with pick 3b.

IMHI I would take Maclin or DHB with the first pick, but if they were gone I take OHER/Britton OT.

Second RD I would get the best OT if I didn't get him in the first or the best WR,

Third I would get either Bryd or Burton at FS and then (3b)the RB from Virigina if Jones leaves for FAThats three positions that we filled with good players and a RB to help Forte not being run into the ground. But what is we could get Michael Bush from the Raiders...that would be great

I went with Robinson, Robiskie, Byrd, and Toupu. That gives us 2 nice OL run blockers, a solid possession type receiver in Robiskie, and a potential FS in Byrd. I think Robinson is a beast of a guard and though I do not know much about Toupu, I have heard his specialty is run blocking.

Lot better choices this time

I would go with:

1) Britton OT ( I would go with a DE but the problem is Maybin is 248 and had to add 15lbs. to get to that point. Too light, and English may be a situational pass rusher, but dont think he will be everydown DE at his size 6/2 255.

2) Robiskie WR ( I think he will be a great #2 receiver in the league. hope we can find a #1 someday.)

3) Byrd CB/S ( I think he can play either position and would help our depth out a great deal)

3b) Green RB ( I think we need a powerback to compliment Forte, and he fits the profile)

This would be a great first day! I would only change best OL available at number 18 if Britton was not avaiable! Robiskie is going to be a stud and will be able to make an impact immediatly like Forte did for us last year: Prediction 1000 yrd rec and 8 TD!!!

I went with Robinson, Robiskie, Byrd, and Toupu. That gives us 2 nice OL run blockers, a solid possession type receiver in Robiskie, and a potential FS in Byrd. I think Robinson is a beast of a guard and though I do not know much about Toupu, I have heard his specialty is run blocking.

this would also be a great start to the draft! especially if Kevin Jones resigns with the bears than we do need to look for one in the draft which would allow us to infuse the OL with some youth and talent. Something that should have been done the last 3 years.

If we pick Herman Johnson in round 2, I'll puke.

Here's from Footballsfuture.com's Senior Bowl practices recap:

Herman Johnson surprised everyone by measuring in at 6’7, 382 pounds. On the field, he looked every bit of those 382 pounds. He barely moved well and was easily beaten by speed moves. As a run blocker, he was unable to get a push on Peria Jerry

The player I was really unimpressed by was Herman “House” Johnson. I’ll refrain from discussing his weight (382 pounds) repeatedly, but his footwork is really slow…REALLY slow. Unless I’m exaggerating his footwork problems, I can’t see him succeeding in the NFL, especially against some of the quicker tackles in the league.

Unless he's there with our 4th round pick, I'd rather have plenty of other guards (Duke Robinson, Kraig Urbik, Trevor Canfield, Andy Levitre) over Johnson.

If we pick Herman Johnson in round 2, I'll puke.

Here's from Footballsfuture.com's Senior Bowl practices recap:

Unless he's there with our 4th round pick, I'd rather have plenty of other guards (Duke Robinson, Kraig Urbik, Trevor Canfield, Andy Levitre) over Johnson.

I like Herman Johnson and think he can develop pretty well but I would also puke to him that high. I would think about taking him in the 4/5 round range.