Terrell Owens poll

balta1701-A

Terrell Owens Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want T.O. on the Bears?

• Yes
    • No

"if" he starts badmouthing Orton? How about when. You really think Orton has such a presence so as to avoid that treatment TO gave Garcia, McNabb and Romo?

And while I understand it was a bit of a joke (gun range) I think many fans do honestly believe Kreutz would help keep TO in line, which just makes me laugh. Like SF, Phily and Dallas all lacked forceful veterans.

Let me ask this. TO is happy enough when everything is going right, but becomes are total ass as soon as things go wrong, and that is when he begins throwing the QB under the bus, among other things. Do you think we are capable of maintaining such a level of solid/good play so as to keep TO happy.

TO has been in the league how many years, and has won how many playoff games he started? Could be wrong, but I believe the answer to that is a big fat goose egg.

Yes! As someone stated, what is there to destroy! And if he starts badmouthing Orton, Kreutz will take him out to the FBI gunrange and problem is solved! ;)

The gunrange was very much of a joke, yes. And I belive that T.O can be quite happy for a year or two since he's be getting the ball a lot. What other targets are there?

I realise that he is a cancer, but for a final hoorah it might be worth it. W/o any targets Orton will be out here within a year anyway.

He started (or at least played) for the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Played lights out with a cast on his leg after breaking it six weeks earlier.

I know about the heroics in the SB, but the point is still that TO, in all his years in the NFL, has never won a playoff game. I realize it can't always be pinned on him, but at the same time, how many other elite WRs are w/o a single playoff victory. Maybe a couple, but the one or two I can think of have been in the league half (or less) as long. For a Wr who is viewed as one to put a team over the top, it hasn't worked out to well that way.

I realize we need weapons. I realize he would likely get a ton of passes going his way. At the same time, I would point to Moose. While TO may be a better talent, I see a similar situation. Despite the lack of other targets, I just can not see TO being happy.

One other thing to point out. TO is as big as it comes in terms of name recognition, but I feel the level of play is no where close to the reputation. Many talk about the drops he has every year, something we are familiar w/ in Chicago, but something less known/discusses is TO's inability to get open. This may have once been an area he excelled, but no more. TO cried because Romo wasn't throwing thim the ball, but many here in Dallas did film reviews that showed TO was simply not getting open. Whether he played lazy or simply no longer gets in and out of his cuts as quick as he once did, TO does not get seperation from the DB. Now, in TO's mind it doesn't matter. He can have 3 DBs draped all over him, and still believes he can make the catch, but that belief is simply in his head. Drops aside, TO had a horrible pass attempt to catch ratio in Dallas. The drops get talked about, but the real key was, TO could not get open, so when Romo would force passes to him, DBs were in position to make a play on the ball. That was the key reason Romo threw to Witten more and more.

TO may still be a quality WR, but I just do not think he is anymore a talent worth the baggage.

One final thing. Our coaches threw a shit fit over Brandon Lloyd, and some of his comments. How do you think they would react to TO?

The gunrange was very much of a joke, yes. And I belive that T.O can be quite happy for a year or two since he's be getting the ball a lot. What other targets are there?

I realise that he is a cancer, but for a final hoorah it might be worth it. W/o any targets Orton will be out here within a year anyway.

He started (or at least played) for the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Played lights out with a cast on his leg after breaking it six weeks earlier.

"if" he starts badmouthing Orton? How about when. You really think Orton has such a presence so as to avoid that treatment TO gave Garcia, McNabb and Romo?

And while I understand it was a bit of a joke (gun range) I think many fans do honestly believe Kreutz would help keep TO in line, which just makes me laugh. Like SF, Phily and Dallas all lacked forceful veterans.

Let me ask this. TO is happy enough when everything is going right, but becomes are total ass as soon as things go wrong, and that is when he begins throwing the QB under the bus, among other things. Do you think we are capable of maintaining such a level of solid/good play so as to keep TO happy.

TO has been in the league how many years, and has won how many playoff games he started? Could be wrong, but I believe the answer to that is a big fat goose egg.

that was a point I used but he won in San Fran.

Damn, your right. He did win a couple playoff games early on w/ SF.

Okay, I will alter the point. After hitting FA, when teams signed him to put them over the top, how many playoff wins does he have?

Better :)

that was a point I used but he won in San Fran.

I know about the heroics in the SB, but the point is still that TO, in all his years in the NFL, has never won a playoff game. I realize it can't always be pinned on him, but at the same time, how many other elite WRs are w/o a single playoff victory. Maybe a couple, but the one or two I can think of have been in the league half (or less) as long. For a Wr who is viewed as one to put a team over the top, it hasn't worked out to well that way.

I realize we need weapons. I realize he would likely get a ton of passes going his way. At the same time, I would point to Moose. While TO may be a better talent, I see a similar situation. Despite the lack of other targets, I just can not see TO being happy.

One other thing to point out. TO is as big as it comes in terms of name recognition, but I feel the level of play is no where close to the reputation. Many talk about the drops he has every year, something we are familiar w/ in Chicago, but something less known/discusses is TO's inability to get open. This may have once been an area he excelled, but no more. TO cried because Romo wasn't throwing thim the ball, but many here in Dallas did film reviews that showed TO was simply not getting open. Whether he played lazy or simply no longer gets in and out of his cuts as quick as he once did, TO does not get seperation from the DB. Now, in TO's mind it doesn't matter. He can have 3 DBs draped all over him, and still believes he can make the catch, but that belief is simply in his head. Drops aside, TO had a horrible pass attempt to catch ratio in Dallas. The drops get talked about, but the real key was, TO could not get open, so when Romo would force passes to him, DBs were in position to make a play on the ball. That was the key reason Romo threw to Witten more and more.

TO may still be a quality WR, but I just do not think he is anymore a talent worth the baggage.

One final thing. Our coaches threw a shit fit over Brandon Lloyd, and some of his comments. How do you think they would react to TO?

The last part sounds more like a problem with the Bears' coaching staff than it does with Lloyd. Same thing goes for Muhammed in the past, and TO in the unlikely future. If the WRs criticize the offense, the OC, the OL, and the QB...it's probably because they deserve it. When's the last time the Bears had a competent OC or a good QB?

IMHO this whole TO thing is out of control. Sure he has a bad mouth and will throw you under the bus in a minute, but he is a players who loves to win. How many of you have talked about your boss for giving a guy/girl a promotion ove you when you know that you were better than that person? TO is the same and it happens. The problem is he should just stay out of the media when he says things. How many guys in the NFK talk about their coaches players and even the fans........I'm willing to bet thaat it's about 65% of them a some point or another. TO on the Bears would = attitude which is something we lack right now. Urlacher is no Ray Lewis, Singletary, Butkus Lt Taylor......have you everheard him say something on the field? No attitude. Guys that play with an attitude are the ones than can catch in a crowd(Fitzgerald) run you over or away from you (Peterson) or thaat your head off (Lewis) we have a soft team. The Jets signed B. Scott from the Ravens and he said already that they are going to be a violent team.....meaning he will be trying to lay the wood every chance he gets. Monsters of the Midway are still sleeping if you asked me. We need playmakers. Throw a slant to TO and see how hard it is to bring him down.

Look at our team and tell me what player brings the fire out in the team? Hell TO cant hurt as much as he can help. Sure he has the mouth but with him on one side do you think teams can double Hester? NO leave Olsen one on one with a LB? NO We will have more optins. And then when the doulbe TO who can stay with Hester on the other side?

You realise this is not the same TO, right? You know how many balls in crucial points he droppped? Even a coach, Sean Payton of the Saints straight out said it.

Also, listening to Cowherd on ESPN driving into work this morning, meantioned the historical fall off of top tie WR's going into age 35... Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Ark Monk, Marvin harrison, Isaac Bruce...all significantly fell off once hitting 35.

If it were to sell tickets, I'd understand. But we sell out anyway.

You're right though, this team need to find a leader. Our previous one, Mike Brown is now gone. it will be interesting to see who, if any do step up.

IMHO this whole TO thing is out of control. Sure he has a bad mouth and will throw you under the bus in a minute, but he is a players who loves to win. How many of you have talked about your boss for giving a guy/girl a promotion ove you when you know that you were better than that person? TO is the same and it happens. The problem is he should just stay out of the media when he says things. How many guys in the NFK talk about their coaches players and even the fans........I'm willing to bet thaat it's about 65% of them a some point or another. TO on the Bears would = attitude which is something we lack right now. Urlacher is no Ray Lewis, Singletary, Butkus Lt Taylor......have you everheard him say something on the field? No attitude. Guys that play with an attitude are the ones than can catch in a crowd(Fitzgerald) run you over or away from you (Peterson) or thaat your head off (Lewis) we have a soft team. The Jets signed B. Scott from the Ravens and he said already that they are going to be a violent team.....meaning he will be trying to lay the wood every chance he gets. Monsters of the Midway are still sleeping if you asked me. We need playmakers. Throw a slant to TO and see how hard it is to bring him down.

Look at our team and tell me what player brings the fire out in the team? Hell TO cant hurt as much as he can help. Sure he has the mouth but with him on one side do you think teams can double Hester? NO leave Olsen one on one with a LB? NO We will have more optins. And then when the doulbe TO who can stay with Hester on the other side?

Really not the point. I could talk about how I want this big, fat wide body DT because I love that sort of player manning the interior of the DL, but I know that is not what we do. I have to live w/ what we have, and what we have is a cover two system.

No different in talking about TO. You can say the past is a problem w/ our coaches, but they are still going to be our coaches next year.

I am 100% against adding TO, but part of the reason is not just TO, but that I do not feel we are a team that would fit. I think TO has to have a strong QB, not to mention a good one. His QB must have great confidence, because TO is at some point going to attack it. When Orton throws deep, and overthrows TO, I see nothing but bad happening. Further, I do not think Lovie is the sort of coach that could make it work. Lovie is far more like Wade Phillips. He is more an enabler than a discipline guy. W/ Parcells, TO was kept better in line, but under Wade, TO went downhill. It is almost like TO has a natural tendency to go downhill, but if you have a strong QB and coach, they can be barriers to stop the downhill plung. Orton and Lovie would not even offer a speed bump.

One of the only teams that I could see TO fitting, at least short term, is Tenn. In Tenn, there is no question he would be the man. No other WR comes close. We would fit this aspect as well, but not the rest. In Tenn, Collins is a solid veteran, and one I doubt is going to have his confidence shaken by a loud mouthed WR. Further, in Fisher, you have a coach quite ready to put his foot up TO's arce when he starts going downhill. Tenn has a solid overall team, and thus are more likely to do well. And w/ that run game, TO may find more space. Simply put, I think Tenn offers (a) the best chance for TO to be happy and (B) the best QB/coach combo to keep him in line when he isn't happy.

In Chicago, I see a train wreck. I doubt seriously our QB or offense in general will be enough to keep him happy. And I do not think we have the QB or coach capable of dealing w/ him when he isn't happy.

The last part sounds more like a problem with the Bears' coaching staff than it does with Lloyd. Same thing goes for Muhammed in the past, and TO in the unlikely future. If the WRs criticize the offense, the OC, the OL, and the QB...it's probably because they deserve it. When's the last time the Bears had a competent OC or a good QB?