Khalif Barnes

ChileBear

Tell me this. If our two key FA signings before the draft are OL, do you think we will make OL a top priority in the draft. That may be my top concern if we do sign St. Clair. I just have a hard time seeing Angelo add two FA OL and then making OL our top pick.

I think St Clair will sign back with us and Jerry will be done with the o-line until the draft.

Peace :dabears

Good question...

Tell me this. If our two key FA signings before the draft are OL, do you think we will make OL a top priority in the draft. That may be my top concern if we do sign St. Clair. I just have a hard time seeing Angelo add two FA OL and then making OL our top pick.

I think St Clair will sign back with us and Jerry will be done with the o-line until the draft.

Peace :dabears

And I think you're right. They better be planning on the draft to pick up the future.

My question is this...is Khalif Barnes really the answer to our Oline? I think not. If we don't re-sign ST.Clair when maybe he will be a fill in he puts me in mind of Fred Miller. If we re-sign St>Clair then we will go WR(Macklin/DHB) in the 1st RD and Oline(Load holt?guy from Oregon) in the second with FS (Burton/Bryd) in the 3rd

My question is this...is Khalif Barnes really the answer to our Oline? I think not. If we don't re-sign ST.Clair when maybe he will be a fill in he puts me in mind of Fred Miller. If we re-sign St>Clair then we will go WR(Macklin/DHB) in the 1st RD and Oline(Load holt?guy from Oregon) in the second with FS (Burton/Bryd) in the 3rd

I think another FA offensive lineman would be good, just to get more bodies in the mix. If it happened that way, I would rather have Barnes as the swing tackle than St Clair, and being this much time has passed since F Agency has started probably not many big money contacts left. If our line was Williams, St. Clair, Kuentz, Omilyale, Draft Pick, and Barnes our swing tackle, I would be happy with that. Your three picks would be a start to an excelent draft.

I think it's a damn good possibility OL will likely be our top priority. Initially I thought we'd go DE, but there doesn't seem to be one that fits our system who's likely to be available or worth the #18 pick. The key to the possibility of drafting o-line is when JA said we wanted to look at Amiyale at guard. Assuming we resign St. Clair, who the hell will be the back-up for the fragile Chris Williams?

Angelo said he wanted to flexibility to go different directions in the draft. With Amiyale & St. Clair on board, we have that flexibility. McShay's latest mock has 4 OT's going before the Bears pick, and not another one (Britton) until #32. If one of the top 4 slide, why wouldn't we draft one?

The one exception to this is that our lack of urgency at the safety position makes me wonder if we'll target Jenkins or Delmas at #18. Considering our safety position has sucked for years, and we've decided to let Mike Brown walk, as of right now, safety is easily our greatest need.

Maybe I'm too trusting in him, but I believe Angelo when he says you can find a good WR later. I also believe we have confidence that Hester, Bennett & Olsen will all improve if given the chance. So unless by some miracle Crabtree falls to us, we'll pass on the WR spot and address that in rounds 2 or 3.