New Mock 3-8-09

Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

---IMO, he fits our scheme perfectly. St Clair still hasn't re-signed and is bad in the run game.

2. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

---A possession WR who is a perfect compliment to Hester.

3. Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman

---A massive NT who knows how to get to the QB.

3. Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston

---Has a nose for the QB.

4. Troy Nolan, FS, Arizona State

---Big safety who has a nose for the ball and knows what to do when he gets the ball (3 TD's this past year).

5. Louis Vazquez, OG, Texas Tech

---He could go earlier, but Vazquez had a great combine with, I believe, the most reps of anyone.

6. Austin Collie, WR, BYU

---Reminds me of current Packers' WR Jordy Nelson when he was coming out last year.

7. Londen Fryar, CB, Western Michigan

---CB depth.

Thoughts?

(admin- please change date to 3-8-09)

If we can get Britt in the second I will be ecstatic. I think you are exactly right when you say he is a good compliment to Hester. Now in all seriousness if we could get Holt and then Britt then that would be a huge improvement over last year. He could teach Britt and Hester a lot about being a good WR in the NFL. The only thing I would like to see different is a Safety earlier in the draft, but nobody has really stood out to me this year. So grabbing one in the 4th can't be much different than getting one in the late second.

1. Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

---IMO, he fits our scheme perfectly. St Clair still hasn't re-signed and is bad in the run game.

2. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

---A possession WR who is a perfect compliment to Hester.

3. Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman

---A massive NT who knows how to get to the QB.

3. Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston

---Has a nose for the QB.

4. Troy Nolan, FS, Arizona State

---Big safety who has a nose for the ball and knows what to do when he gets the ball (3 TD's this past year).

5. Louis Vazquez, OG, Texas Tech

---He could go earlier, but Vazquez had a great combine with, I believe, the most reps of anyone.

6. Austin Collie, WR, BYU

---Reminds me of current Packers' WR Jordy Nelson when he was coming out last year.

7. Londen Fryar, CB, Western Michigan

---CB depth.

Thoughts?

(admin- please change date to 3-8-09)

Britt wont be there at 2. Why a DT with the 3rd pick, not an area of need? I would rather take Brandon Williams/Texas Tech than Hunt, 3" taller and has identical stats against better talent. We dont have a 7th round pick

Bears | Attend TCU's Pro Day

Sun, 08 Mar 2009 12:52:19 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears scout Chris Ballard attended Texas Christian's Pro Day Friday, March 6.

Bears are getting ready to draft LS Judley Pudley from TCU with their 1st round pick. Please don't let Jerry out think himself again this year...

Britt wont be there at 2. Why a DT with the 3rd pick, not an area of need? I would rather take Brandon Williams/Texas Tech than Hunt, 3" taller and has identical stats against better talent. We dont have a 7th round pick

Either Britt or Nicks will. I'm just guessing it will be Britt.

Dvoracek isn't very good/might get cut/is always hurt, Adams is old, and Harris is inconsistent. So yes, DT is a bigger need then people give it credit for.

Williams isn't even 250 pounds, while Hunt is 260 already.

That 7th I have is a guess that we'll get a compensation 7th for either Gilmore or Ayanbedejo.

Either Britt or Nicks will. I'm just guessing it will be Britt.

Dvoracek isn't very good/might get cut/is always hurt, Adams is old, and Harris is inconsistent. So yes, DT is a bigger need then people give it credit for.

Williams isn't even 250 pounds, while Hunt is 260 already.

That 7th I have is a guess that we'll get a compensation 7th for either Gilmore or Ayanbedejo.

Since this all a guessing game anyways, I am a big draft nut and doubt if either of those two get out of the first round. By the way they are my two favorite receivers in this draft. My fear is Robiscke will be gone to.

I agree Droracek isnt very good but Adams is 28 until June, I would say that is prime for a NFL player. We have a savior for a new coach and will expedt him to pick up Harris and Dvoraceks game, plus Toeaina has looked good when he has played. We also need to add 2 FSs, 1 DE, 2 OLs, 2 WRs, 1OLB, a possible CB, and QB before we address the DT position. We arent very active in FAgency and dont have enough draft picks to get what we need. There is no way we are taking a DT in the first 4 rounds. Plus Hill ran a 5.2 at the combine, and at 329 not Lovies style of player.

Hunt is 6/2 260, and Williams 6/5 252, so a bigger frame to add weight too, but a mute point, there both ranked around the 14 th at there position and probably wont amount to anything anyways.