OT: The Bears' old coach

jason

Just curious what everyone else thinks...

Personally, I always thought Jauron rhymed with moron too easily, and it fit him all too well. When he lucked out with the defense in 2001 and rode them to success, the team won in spite of him. When he held on to that simpleton John Shoop, I knew he was not that bright - call it blind loyalty if you want. So, what happens in Buffalo?

Does TO do well?

Does Jauron's ultra-conservative, coal-to-diamond rectum loosen up a bit and let TO be the explosive player he is?

Does Trent Edwards make it to the halfway point in the season before TO calls him a fake, mini Rothlisberger?

Does Lee Evans attempt to sabotage TO with some "Liquid Heat" in the jock strap?

What are your predictions for the Bears' old coach dealing with one of the most talented and most controversial WRs to ever play the game?

Personally, I always thought Jauron rhymed with moron too easily, and it fit him all too well. When he lucked out with the defense in 2001 and rode them to success, the team won in spite of him. When he held on to that simpleton John Shoop, I knew he was not that bright - call it blind loyalty if you want. So, what happens in Buffalo?

Does TO do well?

Does Jauron's ultra-conservative, coal-to-diamond rectum loosen up a bit and let TO be the explosive player he is?

Does Trent Edwards make it to the halfway point in the season before TO calls him a fake, mini Rothlisberger?

Does Lee Evans attempt to sabotage TO with some "Liquid Heat" in the jock strap?

What are your predictions for the Bears' old coach dealing with one of the most talented and most controversial WRs to ever play the game?

IMHO this is a bomb waiting to go off. To will be TO but you have just put him with a weak QB in Edwards. Grossman didn't do well in Chicago but handled himself ilke a champ in the media but Edwards will not be able to handle all the pressure like Grossman did and that was fro the fans now you got the one person who demands attention on the Bills to make Grossmans situation look like a boyscout meeting. Sorry coach with below average playes and then you add TO...........tick....tick.....tick....boom!!!!!!

I would disagree Jauron lucked into that defense. He and Blache built a pretty dang good defense, but injuries and a GM that refused to help destroyed them. We talk about recent injuries, but they are nothing like what our defense suffered back then. Further, take a look at what Angelo was doing during that time. He simply refused to use FA to add jack shit, and I would also argue that he didn't add players who fit Jauron/Blache's scheme.

I am not calling Jauron a great/good coach, but I simply disagree he lucked into that 2001 season. In fact, I would argue that if not for injuries, our 2002 and 2003 seasons may have been much better. You can argue injuries should not destory a team, but (a) we really suffered a great deal of injuries and (B) Angelo did little to nothing to provide depth for those teams, and thus injuries were felt all the more.

I think Jauron is a pretty good coach for TO. I also think the one year deal is key, as TO "should" be on his best behavior. It is the next team that signs him for more than one year I feel sorry for.

I think TO is likely not going to be happy w/ the number of passes he sees coming his way. I think his catches and yards will not be great this year, though I think his TD total could still be pretty high.

Does TO do well?