Raiders sign Kahlif Barnes

bradjock

Gosh, I feel like I just posted this a week ago, and here I am posting it again? I must need to quit drinking or something. That being said, with the exception of a gimpy Orlando Pace, Barnes was the only real upgrade to St. Clair. So lets hope we ink St. Clair soon.

Here's the story from PFT. They make some unflattering remarks about Barnes that I was not aware of. I guess it explains why he was still available March 14th:

RAIDERS REEL IN BARNES

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:58 p.m.

Earlier today, our friends at RaiderBeat.com reported that talks between the Raiders and tackle Khalif Barnes were back on, and that a deal could soon be done.

And soon is now — Barnes is a Raider.

According to John Clayton of ESPN.com, the Raiders have signed Barnes.

But if Clayon is serious when he says that the one-year with underachieving Barnes constitutes a “free agent coup,” we suggest that Clayton sleep off whatever it is that he’s been smoking or drinking.

Barnes was a chronic underachiever in Jacksonville, who nearly lost his starting job last year to Richard Collier.

Then there’s the whole “KKK Devil” thing, followed by the abandoned Mercedes that he wrapped around a tree thing.

So, yeah, they scored a real coup, John. Maybe next they’ll trade for Donte’ Stallworth.

But, hey, at least Clayton will get an extra-large fruit basket this Christmas from the guys at Priority Sports & Entertainment.

But if Clayon is serious when he says that the one-year with underachieving Barnes constitutes a “free agent coup,” we suggest that Clayton sleep off whatever it is that he’s been smoking or drinking.

Barnes was a chronic underachiever in Jacksonville, who nearly lost his starting job last year to Richard Collier.

Then there’s the whole “KKK Devil” thing, followed by the abandoned Mercedes that he wrapped around a tree thing.

So, yeah, they scored a real coup, John. Maybe next they’ll trade for Donte’ Stallworth.

But everyone here wanted him. :notworthy

Gosh, I feel like I just posted this a week ago, and here I am posting it again? I must need to quit drinking or something. That being said, with the exception of a gimpy Orlando Pace, Barnes was the only real upgrade to St. Clair. So lets hope we ink St. Clair soon.

Here's the story from PFT. They make some unflattering remarks about Barnes that I was not aware of. I guess it explains why he was still available March 14th:

RAIDERS REEL IN BARNES

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:58 p.m.

Earlier today, our friends at RaiderBeat.com reported that talks between the Raiders and tackle Khalif Barnes were back on, and that a deal could soon be done.

And soon is now — Barnes is a Raider.

According to John Clayton of ESPN.com, the Raiders have signed Barnes.

But, hey, at least Clayton will get an extra-large fruit basket this Christmas from the guys at Priority Sports & Entertainment.

What do you think of Kiwame Harris? He was lousy last year but the Raiders signed him to a huge contract so he played well with the team he was at before. I think it was 49ers.