Outside the box options?

nfoligno

I like Britton and Oher in the 1st, and each are well discussed, but are there any outside the box options to help our OL?

Been speaking w/ a friend, and we were looking at Atlanta. Atlanta tendered two starting OL at 2nd round level. Both are very solid starters, and both are also still young. Harvey Dahl (RG) & Tyson Clabo (RT). Dahl is a solid starting OG. he is 27 and I believe started all year, and was part of Atlanta's solid OL. Clabo is also 27, and I think has started the last two years. But both are solid OL, still young, and w/ starting experience.

It would cost a 2nd round pick to get one, but I am not sure there are any RTs I like in the 2nd more than Clabo.

Now, I know we can try to sign them to an offer sheet now, but what I am not 100% on is if we can do this after the draft. I want to say that, so long as they have not yet signed their tender offer, we can still sign them, and would then give up our 2nd round pick in 2010. Even better by me.

How about Britton or Oher in the 1st, Robiskie in the 2nd, and give up our 2nd next year for Dahl.

Or Nicks in the 1st and Duke Robinson in the 2nd, while giving up our future 2nd for Clabo. I like either combo.

Another though is trading down. I like Britton, but not all are sold. I also really like Loadholt, and I think others do too. But he is a huge reach at 18, and I just see little chance he makes it to us in the 2nd. Thus, we can trade down, maybe even out of the 1st, and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Grab Loadholt and Robiskie in the 2nd. If we have another 2nd, we can get one of the safeties (Delmas or Johnson). And just for fun, in the 3rd we can draft Herman Johnson. Johnson and Loadholt formed one of the best left sides in college football, but both are projected to the right side in the NFL, and I just kind of like the idea of pairing them up for us. I am sure Forte would too.

We can throw out tons of trade down scenarios, but the idea in that was to talk about Loadholt. I also like the Atlanta guys, and really wonder what other RFAs are out there who could be had for a 2nd (or less).

I like Britton and Oher in the 1st, and each are well discussed, but are there any outside the box options to help our OL?

Been speaking w/ a friend, and we were looking at Atlanta. Atlanta tendered two starting OL at 2nd round level. Both are very solid starters, and both are also still young. Harvey Dahl (RG) & Tyson Clabo (RT). Dahl is a solid starting OG. he is 27 and I believe started all year, and was part of Atlanta's solid OL. Clabo is also 27, and I think has started the last two years. But both are solid OL, still young, and w/ starting experience.

It would cost a 2nd round pick to get one, but I am not sure there are any RTs I like in the 2nd more than Clabo.

Now, I know we can try to sign them to an offer sheet now, but what I am not 100% on is if we can do this after the draft. I want to say that, so long as they have not yet signed their tender offer, we can still sign them, and would then give up our 2nd round pick in 2010. Even better by me.

How about Britton or Oher in the 1st, Robiskie in the 2nd, and give up our 2nd next year for Dahl.

Or Nicks in the 1st and Duke Robinson in the 2nd, while giving up our future 2nd for Clabo. I like either combo.

Another though is trading down. I like Britton, but not all are sold. I also really like Loadholt, and I think others do too. But he is a huge reach at 18, and I just see little chance he makes it to us in the 2nd. Thus, we can trade down, maybe even out of the 1st, and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd.

Grab Loadholt and Robiskie in the 2nd. If we have another 2nd, we can get one of the safeties (Delmas or Johnson). And just for fun, in the 3rd we can draft Herman Johnson. Johnson and Loadholt formed one of the best left sides in college football, but both are projected to the right side in the NFL, and I just kind of like the idea of pairing them up for us. I am sure Forte would too.

We can throw out tons of trade down scenarios, but the idea in that was to talk about Loadholt. I also like the Atlanta guys, and really wonder what other RFAs are out there who could be had for a 2nd (or less).

I was thinking this about the two from the Falcons about the time FA began.